Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Alright then, let's work through it logically.

Abortions being more difficult to access means that people in poverty have less means to limit the number of their children. This means more children growing up in poverty or in the foster care system, both resulting in a greater strain and financial cost to support these children. It also limits the ability of a lot of women to improve their lot in life by limiting the time and resources they can spend upon self-investment. It is far cheaper in the long run to make abortions more readily available and better for both women and the potential children - ergo, it's in the public interest.
    Finally we agree on something. Although I agree with the term limit imposed, for moral reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    The Supreme Court has ruled that the Fourteenth Amendment provides for the right of women to have an abortion. I myself am pro-choice but am a bit perplexed with apparent hypocrisy coming from some individuals.

For instance, one thing that liberals often say is that "our rights are not unlimited" and that placing strict regulations on our constitutional rights is "okay." Take for instance attempts to ban firearms (in violation of the Second Amendment) and attempts to ban "hate speech" (in violation of the First Amendment). Yet any time anyone even remotely tries to place restrictions on abortion rights, these very same people claim that it's unconstitutional. Do you feel as though that goes against your previous statement?

For instance, if someone proposed a bill that would require all gun owners to obtain a license before bearing arms, these people would say "your rights aren't unlimited." Yet if someone proposed a bill that would require all abortion-seekers to obtain a license before having an abortion, these people would say that it's "unconstitutional." Does anyone care to explain this?

Note: I realize that abortion is a controversial issue for many of you, but can we all please remain civil. In addition, please refrain from using arguments related to religion, as religious discussions are banned on this board, thank you.
    So you are lumping two vocal groups on two very different issues together, giving them a label, and then claiming that two very specific arguments from these two different groups apply to all of the people with liberal political tendencies?

It's intellectually dishonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    You sure about that? Now, granted, I have not had any abortion myself, due to being a man, but this is what I have been told about it. Basically, before you can be booked for having an abortion, you need to discuss it at the clinic, don't you? I didn't mean like a full psychological evaluation, but a discussion?
    You can't just walk in and book a time like you do at the dentist or whatever?

Again, I might be completely wrong here, this is all second hand information, but I was pretty sure of this.
    I am sure about that. I've had one. All I had to do beforehand was talk about how it was going to be done, what risks there were to it and I was offered to talk to someone about it aswell, it's not a requirement. Had ultrasound exam aswell to determine how far it was gone.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-08-08 at 06:09 PM.