Thread: Please no more!

Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    44

    Please no more!

    So we all know that MoP has officially lost 1.3 Million players. It's story line is bottom of the barrel. It's content is saddening. At the start of the expansion we saw mind numbing dailies and rng. Then the crz crisis. We saw the stream lining of lfr. We still have yet to receive new 5 man instances, even thought the majority of players are asking for them. Now Blizzard is adding a cash shop and connected servers. This can only be to recoup the massive subscription losses this expansion.

    It's at this point I have to ask...When is enough, really enough. We have saw for ourselves that mass casual play, is not working. However neither is mass hardcore play. When will we have the much needed middle ground? When will Blizzard begin to take a real notice to so many serious issues. Since the start of MoP my 25 man guild has dropped in membership. At MoP start we had over 400 members and 3 25 man teams. That didn't last. Players quit left and right. Most leaving due to being unhappy with the state of the game and the poor changes. Leaving the game, and not returning. We are now down to one 10 man group. We barely get by sometimes. I am not a hardcore player by any means. However I also do not consider myself casual. I understand the need for both types of players. However our guild recruitment has dropped off. The quality of players has dropped off as well. New recruits standing in boss aoe abilities, and saying it wasn't their fault. That they did in lfr.

    Ladies and gentlemen.....the game has been dumbed down to the point it is blindly obvious. If the next expansion goes even more casual...I fear for my favorite game.

    So any how I'd like to hear from other gm's or guild leaders. Are you having the same issues? As a die hard World of Warcraft fan...I'm trying to stay strong and true to the game. However it's becoming VERY hard.

    Please note I never said anything I said was a fact. My post is simply my opinions and take on things currently. The issues with the game I listed, are reasons given to my guild for players quitting the game and the most complained about topics on our guild website. If you are here to troll, harass, or just make mind numbing replies....please don't waste anyone times. These are merely opinions and nothing more.
    Last edited by hambadger; 2013-08-06 at 02:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Warchief Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,184
    "Officially the most disliked expansion" only means "the most recent expansion". The next one will be the "most disliked expansion" and 2 or 3 expacs from now MoP will be "the golden era of WoW".

  3. #3
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    "Officially the most disliked expansion" only means "the most recent expansion". The next one will be the "most disliked expansion" and 2 or 3 expacs from now MoP will be "the golden era of WoW".
    MoP is the expansion with the most losses in WoW history. With a loss of almost 1.5 million players total world wide. MoP was voted by mmogamer the most disliked expansion in WoW history.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Kcin14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    437
    Cata = 3 million subs lost (12 mill - 9 mill) (peak)

    MoP = 1.3 million subs lost (9 mill - 7.7 mill)

    Cata was the worst.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire JasonWuzHear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    "Officially the most disliked expansion" only means "the most recent expansion". The next one will be the "most disliked expansion" and 2 or 3 expacs from now MoP will be "the golden era of WoW".

    except for, of course, cataclysm
    wuz i rly hear m8?

  6. #6
    Storyline is irrelevant. The content is actually quite good, much better raids than Cataclysm, and Ulduar was the only better raid during Wrath. Lots and lots of mind numbing *completely optional* dailies, and RNG has always and will always be a part of any MMO. CRZ crisis? Bit of an overreaction. The majority are asking for new 5mans? I'd love to see actual numbers, vocal minority =/= majority.

    My favorite part though, is "Now Blizzard is adding a cash shop and connected servers. This can only be to recoup the massive subscription losses this expansion." so that's right, connected servers, or server merges, something that people have been asking for for years is finally happening. But only because of the massive subscription losses? Maybe because Blizzard decided they should fix the low pop servers like people ask for, has nothing to do with subscription numbers.

    I've always done 10man stuff since it was available, much more fun than 25mans, but we were down some weeks having problems getting a full 10 in the past few months. Now we're up to 12, not too sure how, but we have 12 people basically every raid night, and that's on a really low/dead server, I'd imagine next patch with the connected servers finding people for guilds won't be a problem at all.

  7. #7
    How are these a bad thing? So you dislike these, don't use them or ignore people using these options. It's simple, and do we really need another thread about featured in this thread?

  8. #8
    Heroic modes are still difficult (with lei shen commonly known as one of the hardest yet). PvP is more or less the exact same thing, dailies are some-what more RNG and story driven... Could u be more defined about what your issue is?

    How does lfr being stream lined effect you? What's wrong with the story? Why is the content saddening and what exactly is wrong with the dailies? Who is actually asking for more 5 mans, I mean u do them once and they are kinda cool but then there just farm like everything else. What's wrong with the cash shop? the item store already exists (and has for a very long time) this is simply making it easier to use... You've simply wrote a lot of things and not given any actual facts or reason...

    Also, u claim this terrible expansion is the reason for your guilds downfall but you haven't given much information on that either... Your guild may of had many members and 3 25 man groups (which to me just sounds dumb but to each there own...) but was any of them progressing? Were things happy and chilled out with so many people? There are more factors to a guild falling apart than simply a bad game regardless of how many are in it.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2013-08-06 at 02:04 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    MoP is the expansion with the most losses in WoW history. With a loss of almost 1.5 million players total world wide. WoW was voted by mmogamer the most disliked expansion in WoW history.
    just because a site or someone says it doesn't mean its true. If anything this expansion caters to everyone end game wise except alts.

  10. #10
    Well Cata was clearly the worst expansion. But Wrath had the best casual/hardcore balance, why they would deviate from Wraths formula I have no clue.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    3,313
    The only thing that's continued to dumb down is the playerbase.
    CRZ lacking an opt out or being invite only trashed a lot of good servers by introducing filth from bad servers to it; filth players paid extra money to get away from.
    yes rep-gated valor gear locked behind dailies was absurd but the raids themselves are large, well made, despite LFR.
    They've moved away from that model anyways, battlefield barrens and timeless isle especially are great content venues outside of raids.
    PvP started off horrible with gear being extreme emphasis and now has shifted to a skill based emphasis (more so than it was anyways)
    The problem with the story is one that started in Cata and wasn't addressed or even given a thought to, and thats entirely the faction centered lore. Mogu/Titan/Mantid/Zandalari/Celestials lore is well made and very interesting.
    As for not finding players for your roster. That's Blizz fault for wanting to keep giving nods to defunct systems like guilds and servers. Current Raid groups should be cross realm.

    That said Cata is still the worst by far. Heroic Scenarios, short and uninteresting as they are were much better than Zandalari/HoT heroics, raids with 16 bosses instead of 7 or 8 is FAR more interesting, and Cata's LFR system was total shit compared to the refined 5.3 loot system.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,150
    Anyone who thinks MoP is worse than Cataclysm is mental.

    MoP is very enjoyable with an interesting storyline.

  13. #13
    I thought cataclysm was the most hated expansion.

    I hated cataclysm and I'm loving MoP
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #14
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Cata = 3 million subs lost (12 mill - 9 mill) (peak)

    MoP = 1.3 million subs lost (9 mill - 7.7 mill)

    Cata was the worst.
    I stand corrected. I have edited my main post.

  15. #15
    I disagree with everything this poster said. Actually, i couldn't even finish the post because of how thick the bias and lies were.

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Lets not all forgot that between Vanilla and Wrath close to or over 30 million people had played the game and left. A number is just a number until you put meaning behind it.

  18. #18
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    MoP is the expansion with the most losses in WoW history. With a loss of almost 1.5 million players total world wide. MoP was voted by mmogamer the most disliked expansion in WoW history.
    It's an Expansion placed in the middle of a transitional period when WoW goes from 13 million subs to around 5 or 6 million.

    They've shelved out more player friendly content this expansion than any other.

    And also, your opinions aren't fact.

    I love this expansion as do others.

    Thanks.

  19. #19
    I love the raiding, heroic fights are the best they've ever been, every raid so far has been great. (In my opinion)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Anyone who thinks MoP is worse than Cataclysm is mental.

    MoP is very enjoyable with an interesting storyline.

    ....

    ...that is a completely and totally subjective opinion my friend. what the- I don't even...
    Think for yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •