Thread: Please no more!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First of all, it's does not equal its. /endgrammarnazi

I'm intrigued by your claim that MoP's story is bad. I know it's all personal preference, but I've gotta believe that it's a little better than a crazy dragon flying over the world for no apparent reason (other than the fact that he's crazy).

We also seem to have forgotten that the whole MMO market, not just WoW is going downhill. Don't get me wrong, 1.3 million subscribers is a huge hit, but it's something that a ton of MMOs are experiencing. If you're going to say that WoW is bad because it's lost a lot of players, you've got to be fair and say the same for all of the other games that are barely staying afloat.

You don't like the direction that the game is going in, that's totally understandable, but it's probably for the best if you'd shelve your crap-tinted glasses right next to your rose ones and realize that the problem is more related to you, not the game itself.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    People who started playing WoW during Vanilla have grown nine years older. A lot of things can happen in nine years to a person. They can graduate from high school. Or graduate from college. Or get in college. Or get a job. Or get a boy/girlfriend. Or get a baby. Etc, etc. From what I read, heard and understand, the majority of people that left WoW during those nine years, in their vast majority, left either because of monetary reasons, or changed priorities, or just simply a new shiny game has arrived, and not because 'WoW changed too much I dislike it now'.
    it's not like the world population suddenly stop making babies for nine years, so we only have to rely on this aging gamer population and we can't get a new one.

If a basic design was very good 9 years ago, it still is good today, what maybe different is that competition may have become better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    what maybe different is that competition may have become better.
    Better might be debatable but there actually is competition now. Wow isn't any longer the only big social game out there.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    We also seem to have forgotten that the whole MMO market, not just WoW is going downhill.
    are you sure? i mean, do you have solid data?
    it looks to me that the MMO genre is thriving. They turning freaking verything into an MMO (tanks, elder scrolls, dragonball). Next think you know, you'll have a legend of zelda MMO.

i think the online play, either as MMO, social gaming or competitive multiplayer is here to stay until the end of mankind now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tsam View Post
    Been said a million times and fell on deaf ears a million times. What's new?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh puhlease!!

Forums are flooded with such posts and people quitting left and right. Dont need every single one of the 7.7M leftovers, just need a representative sample of about 1000 people, if we were to make a survey.
    Only that sample of 1000 people would barely contain anyone that actually enjoys the game. It's only the people that have issues or dislikes that post on forums. The people that actually enjoy the game (which is the vast majority, in my opinion) do not post in threads like these as often as the people who dislike the game in its current state.

The only thing that matters is that you enjoy the game. Sub losses have never affected how I enjoy the game. Sure people come and go, but that's just the way things are (not just in games).

The people that complain all the time have, in my opinion, turned the meaning of MMO into Massively Moaning Online.

are you sure? i mean, do you have solid data?
    it looks to me that the MMO genre is thriving. They turning freaking verything into an MMO (tanks, elder scrolls, dragonball). Next think you know, you'll have a legend of zelda MMO.

i think the online play, either as MMO, social gaming or competitive multiplayer is here to stay until the end of mankind now.
    Specifically: Pay to play MMOs are seeing mass issues. Pay-for-premium or F2P with microtransactions are the surviving MMO models, with WoW being one of the last holdouts of the standard subscription to play model. I think EVE is the other major one.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Now Blizzard is adding a cash shop and connected servers.
    Wait, why is the connected realms a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    i notice a few people responding along those line. You people are really satisfied with current state of 5 man.
    TBC for example shipped with 14 brand new dungeons, not recycle. Admitedly, those dungeons were packed by group of 2-3 to re use texture, but layout and boss were unique.

in mop, you got 9, 3 of which are heroic version of vanilla dungeon. Is that ok? Are you really satisfied?
    I feel you man, that's my thought exactly. They seem to be giving us fewer and fewer 5-man options and increasing the raid options, since they think everybody wants to get into raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yes I am satisfied, wanna know why? Because I had other things besides Heroics to have fun in. I had different options, whether it be for fun or progression there were different things.
    Yes, but you also apparently like to raid, as you think that's a universal acceptance. It's not. I for one absolutely HATE raiding, and I love doing 5-mans. Keeping it small and simple. I have nothing against people who like raiding, to each their own. But forsaking one for the other is not a good move in my book. Especially since, from what I'm reading, they aren't going to release the trio of epic 5-mans at the end of the expansion like they've been doing since forever. I usually come back at the end of the expansion for that. If they aren't coming this expansion, then I'm not coming back, and that really disappoints me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Specifically: Pay to play MMOs are seeing mass issues. Pay-for-premium or F2P with microtransactions are the surviving MMO models, with WoW being one of the last holdouts of the standard subscription to play model. I think EVE is the other major one.
    i agree for the pay to play model going down, at least model that offer only pay 2 play.
    i strongly disagree with the poster saying that MMO as a whole is going down, quite the contrary, it's exploding. company that have never made MMO before start looking into it (bethesda, ubisoft)

10+ Year Old Account
    Company that have never made MMO before start looking into it (bethesda, ubisoft)
    Bethesda isn't making the TSO MMO, Zenimax Studios is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Oh puhlease!!

Forums are flooded with such posts and people quitting left and right. Dont need every single one of the 7.7M leftovers, just need a representative sample of about 1000 people, if we were to make a survey.
    do you think people head to forums and make threads " i like it the way it is"..

the the people that normally speaks out on forums regarding stuff in a negative manner are the majority of forums. why would i go to a forum and state stuff that is working fine for me? its how blizz intended the X or Y to be. so il let it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Bethesda isn't making the TSO MMO, Zenimax Studios is.
    bethesda, zenimax none of them did an MMO before. In fact, ZeniMax Online Studios have been founded in 2007 specifically to make TESO. My take is that they wanted to keep it a secret, thus avoid using bethesda name for the studio.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-08-06 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladies and gentlemen.....the game has been dumbed down to the point it is blindly obvious. If the next expansion goes even more casual...I fear for my favorite game.
    The most salient fact about threads like this--and the thing I most grow tired of--is that while the opening post is long on vague complaints, it's short--or completely bare--of anything useful in the way of suggestions to fix the complaints. Just this evening I read in another thread that not visiting trainers any longer constitutes a dumbing down of the game. Well, no. It doesn't. Traveling back and forth to trainers doesn't constitute "smart" play versus the dumb kind.

So I would encourage the op to say precisely what he wants to fix whatever his problem is.

A couple of notes: Connected servers are built on top of cross-realm technology which goes back to the very start of this expansion (it was in the MOP beta for the first time) so I would say no, they aren't a response to recent subscriber losses. They're a response to years of people asking for something to be done about low population realms. Even when the game had 12,000,000 players there were threads about realms that had lost many of its players.

The cash shop at the moment is unlikely to even be available in US/EUR for some time. But even if it wasn't, it's simply a response to something that's been going on in the business for a while now. And while the OP has no clue at all what will be in the shop or even where it will exist, this is a sign...of something.

So, instead of simply complaining about things, add a few lines about what you would do to fix something. Because complaining doesn't really do a lot. And complaining about vague things without specifics is worse. If it's so blindly obvious perhaps you can actually propose something like a solution.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-06 at 07:43 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

that's not possible, is it? WoLK's naxxaramas was a disgrace. Arguably naxxaramas, especially 10, but 25 too, was easier than some of the harder boss in LFR.
    Yes. I mean, a lot depended on your server, etc but yeah, Ulduar wasn't out very long and there were guilds content to continue working on Naxx before moving on to 3.1 content. You overestimate some players' ability, Wrath brought in a lot of new peeps and some players new to raiding because they were too afraid to during BC.

But yeah, wolk Naxx was generally a joke and never should have been brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Anyone who thinks MoP is worse than Cataclysm is mental.

MoP is very enjoyable with an interesting storyline.
    Exactly this. I'm enjoying MoP, im playing a bit less these days as there's not much for me to do except raiding (and mop is still alt unfriendly in terms of that damn legendary quest line) but when I do play I still enjoy it.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    At the heyday of subs at 11M I think one of the quarterly calls stated (cba to find link) that another 11M had played since Vanilla and quit. Yet no one went all doom and gloom over it (omg, wow has last 50% or it playerbase since Vanilla!).

Over time people come and go (especially over a period of 9 years)- the subs have been declining gradually since the Wrath peak, but they always do in a "phenomena" like this (Myspace, Napster, The Pirate Bay - the Internet is full of "products" that once captured the zeitgeist but have since then been on decline .. I'm sure Facebook will also get there in due time). Other games have come along - there's a lot more stuff in the MMO-marketspace now than there was 9 years ago, more options means better consumer choices - and harder for one juggernaut to capture huge parts of the market (though it could still be argued that WoW controls unproportionally large part of it - but that's another discussion).

Some of those old people come back when new expansions are released - some new people join - and then it starts gradually decreasing again.
    I don't think it has much to do with feature x or y or something back in vanilla was more hardcore or if devs ruined this or that with MoP - it's just how these trends tend to work in product lifecycles - the choices the company does through their product maintenance has a bearing - but probably not as drastic as these types of threads often would like to indicate.

The initial growth was much because WoW was in the right place when it was right time and had the right secret sauce to capture "mainstream" gaming interest. One could also argue that Blizzard has done a fairly good job at maintaining the momentum over 9 years. But still - unless there's some sort of hip "back to roots" gaming-movement, I doubt we ever see those sub numbers in WoW again.

I don't really know why the sub numbers are so significant to a lot of people - they don't really take anything away from your personal the enjoyment of the game. I do understand the human need to be jealous over the success of one product and take some sort of malicious delight over the decline - but really, this is quite natural for most (all?) product lifecycles.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is the expansion with the most losses in WoW history. With a loss of almost 1.5 million players total world wide. MoP was voted by mmogamer the most disliked expansion in WoW history.
    Mmogamers a trash magazine, with writers who haven't got a clue about facts.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Cata = 3 million subs lost (12 mill - 9 mill) (peak)

MoP = 1.3 million subs lost (9 mill - 7.7 mill)

Cata was the worst.
    The point OP is raising is that subs keep getting lower. Doesn't matter if it was 3 in Cata and 1.3 in MoP; what matters is that they lost 4.3 overall, and it'd seem MoP couldn't bring the lost players back.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Mmogamers a trash magazine, with writers who haven't got a clue about facts.
    They're the Kotaku of MMOs then? o:
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    They're the Kotaku of MMOs then? o:
    i think that is a pretty accurate statement.
    Hi