Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    Yeah because hoping someone is beaten half to death in prison for butchering a mouse is so much more humane than the latter.
    You initially said that people who want to imprison him are insane. Under what basis?

He probably won't get beaten up like that, no, but I hope he does. A slice of karma for the brutality of the act committed.

I am so happy to be out of the 'game'. Seriously.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are what you are, a single experience does not make you who you are.

Did you know that children who have been sexually abused are placed at a higher risk to become sex offenders?
    You are indeed what you are, what you do comes from what you are. If you torture a mouse for fun then that is a result of what you are not some disconnected random event.

Also some statistics are irrelevant to the topic but yes, supposedly those sexually abused as a kid are more likely to become sexual offenders.. the problem with quoting that stat is that no one has a complete picture about who has been and has not been sexually abused as a kid, you may find by therapy that sexual offenders have a higher percentage of victims of child sexual abuse than what you know or assume about the rest of society but the rest of society may just not be willing to talk about what has happened

I'm going to start out saying he looks a lot older than 19. But anyway. I'm not that outraged by it. Maybe if I saw the video I would be more upset.

The teenager, who claims he made the video when he was just 16, admitted causing unnecessary suffering to a protected (domesticated) animal at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning.

'He said he felt like a "complete fool",' said Ms Gutteridge. 'He said he wanted to kill the mouse and conceded it would have caused pain and suffering.
    'He said once he had killed the mouse, he threw it in the bin along with the glue mat and his trainers.
    'He had a mouse problem when he moved in, and he hated mice.'
    It's not illegal to kill mice, (they are potentially dangerous rodents) and teenagers do dumb things sometimes. Probably the dumbest thing he did from this story was keep the video, and then give it to somebody. I don't agree with torturing animals, but it is what it is. I don't think he should see jailtime for this, community service seems appropriate to me.

Yep, people with too much freedom causes to do some incredibly stupid things.

Eye for an eye, He needs to get the same treatment the mice had.

I'm saying that I bet there are loads of people who have been sexually abused as children and have not become sex offenders. So saying a guy is going to be a serial killer because he butchered a mouse is a little comical to me.
    What are you implying here? That he may have been abused a child, and because of this, it's acceptable what he's done?

Serial killer at worst, horrible, mean spirited a-hole at best. Point is that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable and is usually a precursor to more violent behaviour. For someone to do this, they would most likely have to be an extremely violent person, or have had priors. And somehow that's 'insane' to you, but the act of torturing an animal and sending it to a partner is not?

The most disturbing part of this story to me is they make it seem like they found the blood of the mouse 3 years after the video was made, when he sent it off.

How do you not clean that up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

That's really fucked up. I'm not going to comment on the legality of any of that because I don't know all the details, but that is REALLY fucked up. Holding a live creature down and mutilating it with a drill while it tries to get free...who the fuck would do something like that?

Deleted
    I prefer the gool ol' caveman club to da head method. Then drag the girl to my place. Its just annoying if i meet this girl far away from my home dragging her ass for miles can be quite tiring.

I heard theres this approach of actually talking to the girl and asking her to a cup of coffee or something, but nah, club to the head i say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    In UK law, a protected animal is a vertebrate that is either owned by a person, or is temporarily under the control of a person. Causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal is illegal. He didn't just 'kill' it, he had a trapped animal and tortured it. I don't think that guy is ashamed of anything, only that he was caught because he thought his girlfriend was a psychopathic monster like him.
    Animal Rights thread, should've guessed you'd be here. You must sit there and refresh MMO-C's feed just WAITING for threads like this.

As I've stated in the other threads on similar subjects, as I'm sure Mr. Fargus here vividly remembers reporting me for, it's a mouse. They breed by the millions. They're vermin. He's not doing it to a cat or a dog, or any other fluffy animal that people seem to care about, he's doing it to a mouse. Like the ones I just fed to my snakes, they are quite literally a dime a dozen and cause massive amounts of damage, not to mention spread diseases, wherever they go just like rats. Rather unfortunate that he just stopped at one mouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    I prefer the gool ol' caveman club to da head method. Then drag the girl to my place. Its just annoying if i meet this girl far away from my home dragging her ass for miles can be quite tiring.

I heard theres this approach of actually talking to the girl and asking her to a cup of coffee or something, but nah, club to the head i say.
    BAHAHAHA, that is the best shit I've read on MMO-C in weeks :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It's not illegal to kill mice, (they are potentially dangerous rodents) and teenagers do dumb things sometimes. Probably the dumbest thing he did from this story was keep the video, and then give it to somebody. I don't agree with torturing animals, but it is what it is. I don't think he should see jailtime for this, community service seems appropriate to me.
    You're right, but torturing an animal is clearly illegal in the UK:

4Unnecessary suffering

(1)A person commits an offence if—

(a)an act of his, or a failure of his to act, causes an animal to suffer,

(b)he knew, or ought reasonably to have known, that the act, or failure to act, would have that effect or be likely to do so,

(c)the animal is a protected animal, and

(d)the suffering is unnecessary.

(2)A person commits an offence if—

(a)he is responsible for an animal,

(b)an act, or failure to act, of another person causes the animal to suffer,

(c)he permitted that to happen or failed to take such steps (whether by way of supervising the other person or otherwise) as were reasonable in all the circumstances to prevent that happening, and

(d)the suffering is unnecessary.

(3)The considerations to which it is relevant to have regard when determining for the purposes of this section whether suffering is unnecessary include—

(a)whether the suffering could reasonably have been avoided or reduced;

(b)whether the conduct which caused the suffering was in compliance with any relevant enactment or any relevant provisions of a licence or code of practice issued under an enactment;

(c)whether the conduct which caused the suffering was for a legitimate purpose, such as—

(i)the purpose of benefiting the animal, or

(ii)the purpose of protecting a person, property or another animal;

(d)whether the suffering was proportionate to the purpose of the conduct concerned;

(e)whether the conduct concerned was in all the circumstances that of a reasonably competent and humane person.

(4)Nothing in this section applies to the destruction of an animal in an appropriate and humane manner.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Animal Rights thread, should've guessed you'd be here. You must sit there and refresh MMO-C's feed just WAITING for threads like this.

As I've stated in the other threads on similar subjects, as I'm sure Mr. Fargus here vividly remembers reporting me for, it's a mouse. They breed by the millions. They're vermin. He's not doing it to a cat or a dog, or any other fluffy animal that people seem to care about, he's doing it to a mouse. Like the ones I just fed to my snakes, they are quite literally a dime a dozen and cause massive amounts of damage, not to mention spread diseases, wherever they go just like rats. Rather unfortunate that he just stopped at one mouse.
    Except killing an animal and torturing an animal are *totally* different things. Taking a mouse and just killing it is usually more or less acceptable, but torturing it (and enjoying it while you do it) is something completely different. Think of it this way, if somebody shoots a person in the head they're a murderer, but if somebody takes a person and dismembers them while they're alive and films it, then they're a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Yep, people with too much freedom causes to do some incredibly stupid things.

Eye for an eye, He needs to get the same treatment the mice had.
    Complete bullshit. It might be sadistic and proof of not being taught life skills by his parents but no..... an eye for an eye does not apply here you whackjob.
    According to your logic they kid down the street should be set on fire and burnt alive because he burned an ant with with a magnifying glass. Don't be a tard... Use your brain and think for a split second before u regurgitate BS.

Like the people trying to imprison a guy for killing a mouse?

Because hey, you have never done anything stupid that you aren't ashamed of and wish you could take back with all your heart. And neither has anyone else. We're all perfect people.
    I'm sorry, but it's one thing to make a mistake and regret it deeply, but this kid is brutalising animals for fun, and that's a pretty sure sign that he's fucked in the head. No one in their right mind thinks "Oh hey I like this girl, I'll film myself killing a helpless creature chicks dig that!" No, he needs to be off the streets before he's after a girl with a douchey bf and he thinks "I like this girl, I'll film myself murdering her boyfriend and send it to her chicks dig that!"

You can't even make the distinction between an act of deliberate torture and the act of killing something because if you have to. Anyway, the law in the UK doesn't care if it's a mouse or a dog, the guy's obviously in legal trouble for it and trying to justify torture makes you as sick in the head as him.

You are quite pathetic trying to justify it. Unfortunate? So you're OK with people going around torturing mice then? That's not really healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Complete bullshit. It might be sadistic and proof of not being taught life skills by his parents but no..... an eye for an eye does not apply here you whackjob.
    According to your logic they kid down the street should be set on fire and burnt alive because he burned an ant with with a magnifying glass. Don't be a tard... Use your brain and think for a split second before u regurgitate BS.
    Technically no, the kid shouldn't be set on fire, he should have a magnifying glass increase the heat of the sun. A human wouldn't catch fire from that, sure it'd be hot and depending on the strength of the magnifying glass it might actually leave burns, but it wouldn't catch someone on fire.

So here all they need to do is hold the kid down and drill a hole into him somewhere, which would be more or less fine since he wouldn't die from it anyway most likely.

Are you literally brain damaged or are you just a moron? Read the article. Maybe you should join him, seems like you're just as f'ed in the head as he is. And you do realise that cats and dogs are considered "vermin" in parts of the world, right? At least feral ones. And please tell us how an animal bred in a clean environment, used either as a feeder or as a pet, spreads disease and causes massive amounts of damage?

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-08-06 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    He broke the law. Explain why he should not be punished and other people should. Torture is torture and no animal is above another based on intelligence or power or any other measure.

Let's just give him a freebie and encourage other people to do the same without consequence.
    Oh my God, he broke THE LAW?!

You act as if he tossed a child out the window. Talk about overreacting. Also, it sounds as if you're taking that whole "law-abiding citizen" thing a bit too literal. I wouldn't torture a mouse either. But because it's cruel and stupid, not because it's against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    That made me nauseous just to READ.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You can't even make the distinction between an act of deliberate torture and the act of killing something because if you have to. Anyway, the law in the UK doesn't care if it's a mouse or a dog, the guy's obviously in legal trouble for it and trying to justify torture makes you as sick in the head as him.

You are quite pathetic trying to justify it. Unfortunate? So you're OK with people going around torturing mice then? That's not really healthy.
    Mmm, yes, feeeed me your hate...pfft.

No, I don't support him torturing animals. I DO, if you recall from another thread in which you were harassing me, think torturing animals is sick. I certainly wouldn't do such a thing, nor do I condone him for doing it. But again, it's a freaking MOUSE of all things, and I find it absolutely silly of you people who are getting bent out of shape about it. You sit there and call me names, but you don't think about anything other than someone hurting a fluffy little animal. Again, I don't condone what he did, but considering it was against a mouse, I really don't give a flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.