Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Gross desparity in achievement titles.

What the hell? I haven't been this angry about something that happened in a game since the ending of Mass Effect 3.

The Horde title for defeating Garrosh is "Liberator of Orgrimmar". The Alliance title? "Conqueror of Orgrimmar". Unless Orgrimmar becomes an alliance city post 5.4 they haven't conquered Shit. Now I held my tongue with the Battlefield Barrens title reward of "Hordebreaker" because I thought to myself "The Alliance does get screwed often why not let them have something?" The fact that it is soon to be a feat of strength made it more bearable. But to get the title "Hordebreaker" for doing nothing resembling "breaking the horde" is a complete insult, the horde hasn't been this united since marching on the burning legion, we're united against Garrosh. But to add insult to injury they award the Alliance the title "Conqueror of Orgrimmar" for NOT conquering Org. Two titles that are falsely awareded? It's too much to stand.

Garrosh Hellscream is the villian this expansion, not the horde, stop giving the alliance the impression they're the heroes and we're the villians, you want to start showing some favour to the Alliance? Start giving them better story arcs. The alliance is quite literally being treated like a mentally handicapped child, receiving a large reward for doing something not significantly greater than the horde's accomplishment: "Oh yes billy, you did soo good today! you get a gold star!" "haaaaahhhhhhh.... I did suuuuper!!". It's unfair and demeans alliance players treating them like they require special attention. This has to stop.

Edit: Noticed the spelling mistake in the title but couldn't change it.
    Last edited by Igerree; 2013-08-06 at 06:44 AM.

You... You're mad about this? I have to say, I feel like it's probably a good time reevaluate things if this made you angry. Who cares? It's a stupid title in a video game, why does it make a difference?

WoW is a fun game, but god the playerbase is stupid. The Alliance talks nonstop about how left out they are, and the Horde apparently get upset over the titles given out. So confused.

Its a "meh" thing. Just take it with a grain of salt or do like I plan to and have a good laugh when you see someone using it.

Hi, World of Warcraft is a game.
    If you want to, you can hide players titles so you don't have to run around and be angry because someone has a pointless title which you so not approve of...

i get where he is coming from. Not wanting the horde labeled as "the bad guys" is a fair enough request.

Unfortunately it's all a matter of perspective.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week a man robs a gas station with a BOOMERANG? wtf

Yeah - we're BREAKING you, Horde!

And this title shit is just gameBREAKING! cwatididthar?

I bet you were mad that we broke the Horde in 5.3 weren't you?

I'm surprised the Alliance aren't complaining that their title is just two other titles slapped together.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Alliance deserve nothing more than a "Assistant janitor"-title for their presence in pure Horde matter..

Well, if they prefer to make the two titles different, maybe the people who had the job of coming up with ideas... maybe Conqueror was the better of the options they thought of that was suitable for the enemy faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i get where he is coming from. Not wanting the horde labeled as "the bad guys" is a fair enough request.
    Out of curiosity, why? I've played since vanilla and always kind of assumed Horde were the bad guys while Alliance was the good guys. I don't read quests or lore or anything, but from a common sense standpoint it makes sense that Horde are the bad guys. Trolls, Orcs, Undead, not exactly good things.

I dunno it would look good on a cover letter for a job

John Smith
    Liberator of Orgrimmar
    123 Azeroth Way
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

First the cash store, and now this??!! Wtf blizz I've been playing since the vanilla beta and this is the maddest I've been!! Fire Ghostcrawler!!!
    "【A Chinese viewpoint on the new version:MOP】
    since we have lived in a world filled with magic and beast and lots of culture,so it is reasonable to let all kinds of culture come into World of Warcraft
    Orc:black people Jazz
    Gorblin:Israel Jews (No offensive,Gorblins are good at making money,that's ture in my eyes)"

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Out of curiosity, why? I've played since vanilla and always kind of assumed Horde were the bad guys while Alliance was the good guys. I don't read quests or lore or anything, but from a common sense standpoint it makes sense that Horde are the bad guys. Trolls, Orcs, Undead, not exactly good things.
    Really? You have almost 1100 posts Rucati and you're still utterly ignorant of all aspects of Game Lore? No one is ignorant of it.
    Mage T13 is alright, I guess. It's a bit bland and doesn't really say Mage but there is nothing that looks really bad about it...

Except that it as a clockwork, orange set.

Herald of the Titans Flutterguy's Avatar
    Conquest doesn't require the retention of the territory.

It doesn't exactly fit, I'll give you that.
    But of all the problems the Alliance has atm I don't think this is very high up on the list. You also seem to be layering it on a bit.

Anyway Hordebreaker > Revolutionary even though again it doesn't exactly fit the content.

But to be frank I just don't care about some silly title. It just means nothing to me.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-08-06 at 07:03 AM.

Is this a troll post, lol? Why are they not exactly good things? Because they're not human? o_O that's a little racist don't you think?

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Igerree View Post
    The Horde title for defeating Garrosh is "Liberator of Orgrimmar". The Alliance title? "Conqueror of Orgrimmar". Unless Orgrimmar becomes an alliance city post 5.4
    Edit: Noticed the spelling mistake in the title but couldn't change it.
    i will grant you horde breaker was dubiously applied but alliance boots are on the ground in orgrimmar, we quite literally do conquer it, we cant keep it but we conquered it, keeping it is not part of the definition, merely acquisition is.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    i will grant you horde breaker was dubiously applied but alliance boots are on the ground in orgrimmar, we quite literally do conquer it, we cant keep it but we conquered it, keeping it is not part of the definition, merely acquisition is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Conquest doesn't require the retention of the territory.
    Conquest requires Hegemonic Control at the minimum and the Alliance has no intention of controlling Orgrimmar. They are not Conquerors, they're liberators.
    Mage T13 is alright, I guess. It's a bit bland and doesn't really say Mage but there is nothing that looks really bad about it...

Except that it as a clockwork, orange set.

You... You're mad about this? I have to say, I feel like it's probably a good time reevaluate things if this made you angry. Who cares? It's a stupid title in a video game, why does it make a difference?

WoW is a fun game, but god the playerbase is stupid. The Alliance talks nonstop about how left out they are, and the Horde apparently get upset over the titles given out. So confused.
    Everyone doesn't have the same priorities as you do, nor do they live by the same standard.