Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Conquest requires Hegemonic Control at the minimum and the Alliance has no intention of controlling Orgrimmar. They are not Conquerors, they're liberators.
    Maybe horde should get "Conqueror of orgrimmar" and alliance gets "Justicar of orgrimmar"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    They liberated the Horde for the Darkspears while they also conquered the capital city of the Horde and removed Hellscream in the process. Liberating the Horde was a bonus, they went there for Garrosh and broke his mighty defenses to take the city. They took the city by force. They conquered it.

I imagine you wouldn't be complaining about this if the Horde got the conqueror title as well.
    It's still inaccurate and yes part of this is establishing relative parity for the same work
    Mage T13 is alright, I guess. It's a bit bland and doesn't really say Mage but there is nothing that looks really bad about it...

Except that it as a clockwork, orange set.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    "Oh but the Alliance don't actual break or conquer the Horde!".

Yeah, you also probably died a few times in the game yet you're "the Immortal", "the Undying" and "Death's Demise"? Did you defeat death by trading punches?

I guess we should start editing all titles? "Kingslayer" ought to become "Kind of a Kingslayer 'cuz ultimately I got owned and this other dude got the kill, plus, it was just normal mode lol" and maybe we could change "the Patient" into "Well, I did group up with a bunch of people but I'm not very patient 'cuz I raged a lot and even used caps lock a time or two".

Also, how come you're the "Loremaster" if you never read any of the quest text?

Seriously, in a setting where time travel, magic, pocket dragons, pit fighter critters and talking ninja pandas are a normal day-to-day thing I'd expect people to be a little less worked up about fucking semantics.
    I had assumed that when I titled the thread "Gross disparity in achievement titles" and opened by comparing the titles "Darkspear revolutionary" and "Liberator of Orgrimmar" with the titles "Hordebreaker" and "Conqueror of Orgrimmar" respectively, that people would see that my umbrage was the "gross disparity in achievement achievement titles" for equal amounts of work. If you take issue with the titles "Kingslayer", "the Immortal", and "the Patient"(all of which are the same title for both factions) feel free to create your own thread outlining why you don't like them and how they can be improved upon either in earning them or editing.

However, someone had mentioned what I thought would be a really good title for the alliance slaying Garrosh: Avenger of Theramore. As it references not only the opening event for this expansion but the conclusion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Igerree View Post
    However, someone had mentioned what I thought would be a really good title for the alliance slaying Garrosh: Avenger of Theramore. As it references not only the opening event for this expansion but the conclusion as well.
    while i like the title and idea it also indirectly advertises for the next Marvel Avengers.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    I know that I would probably have never donned the title since it is meaningless except for the fact that it will piss off players like you.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

We went in and took it BY FORCE.
    We could just as well stay there and control it, but we don't see the need to do so, because the threat (Garrosh) is removed.

The Alliance did conquer Orgrimmar. They just didn't want to keep it.

Personally, I'd prefer the Liberator title, because it sounds nicer.

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Sigh. People will always find a way to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

I can understand why the OP is mad.

Everything has indeed been made to make Alliance players feel less bad about the story. Varian going superwise so suddenly, awesome titles for doing nothing, etc.

But I'm not exactly sure that's what the Alliance community is looking for.

We don't believe in your Horde or your Alliance. We only believe in undeath.

I'll just headcanon it away as a title given out by alliance command to their troops to keep them from wondering "wtf were we doing there anyways?". Political propaganda is easier to stomach than developer incompetance :P

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    I wish my life was so easy that my priorites would be a random title at a random videogame.
    Your life is even easier, considering your priorites [sic] are a random post on a random forum about a random videogame?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    As far as the size of violins go, this is on the minuscule side of them. Quite embarrassing for the OP really.
    Isn't it even more embarasing for you then to post about it?
    Last edited by bdew; 2013-08-06 at 10:46 AM.

Feed me with your anger!
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

What the hell is up with all the new accounts being made this month just to hate on random aspects of the game? Who the frak goes to a fansite just to bitch about whatever that fansite is about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Warchief
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Okay calm down and lets wipe away the rabies mouth foam yah?
    Getting all aggro and emo about pixel titles is just laughable.
    If you don't like it, don't use it, that's why you get choice in what title you use.
    Problem solved.
    Feel better?
    No? Hmm tough cookies...
    Welp, it's your ulcer
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    Isn't it even more embarasing for you then to post about it?
    And pointing this out would make you..?
    Look, instead of going "no, you - no, you" and pointing fingers of who posted what - exploding in a nerdball of rage publicly over a title just seems overly negative and a little bit excessive - debating about semantics of liberation and conquest seems equally pointless.

Debating a larger issue of lore and the general quality of it (or lack of interesting storylines per faction) would be interesting (and there's actually already a thread for it *gasp*).

And overall - Blizzard had clearly stated they prefer gameplay > lore (and I'm thankful for their common sense in that matter) - so converting enemy capital to other faction city, is never, ever going to happen in-game. The best we're going to get is a cinematic and a title (which is quite ok, I think)

It might happen in some books/stories/comics/fanfiction outside the game, but it never will in-game. It would make no sense at all.

Warchief
    I didn't bother with this title until thread showed me how much horde is butthurt over it :P
    I'll get my hordebreaker in about 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    But I'm not exactly sure that's what the Alliance community is looking for.
    In the Legion expansion, we board the fully functional Exodar again and fly towards Argus.
    However, the Horde isn't allowed on board because they will stink up the place and Velen got, like, JUST done with the interior decorating and carpeting.
    A plan is devised. They build a large wooden raft (from Ashenvale lumber, of course), plant a big horde flag on it, and call it the "SS Doomhammer".
    Then, with a sturdy rope, they attach it to the back of the Exodar, lifting along.
    This while the alliance sips Martinis with all the hot Draenei chicks in the Exodar's swimming pool.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I didn't bother with this title until thread showed me how much horde is butthurt over it :P
    I'll get my hordebreaker in about 30 minutes
    Have fun acting as Voljin's servant.

Yep the Horde is no broken by you collecting all that wood, stone and food.

On a personal note I can't wait until we get past this stupid Garrosh story arc, its been a monumental disaster to focus the plot around the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Igerree View Post
    They've taken out many Kor'Kron, Dragonmaw, and Klaxxi generals, but you fail to grasp that at this point the mainstream Horde has separated itself from Garrosh's "True Horde".
    Given most of the other Horde races view the orcs as dirt at the time, and participated more to get rid of a tyrant dictator for their own safety, a ruined Orgrimmar isn't going to be mounting a strong defense, particularly not with assistance from the "mainstream Horde". Hopefully Varian will hang around a bit for tea and bikkies at the very least.

Honestly they could've went non-faction specific with "the Freer of Orgrimmar"

Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    Honestly they could've went non-faction specific with "the Freer of Orgrimmar"
    "Liberator of Orgrimmar" is applicably neutral enough, but I still would prefer "Avenger of Theramore" for Alliance more.

The title is a bit over the top. It seems to me that "Conqueror of XXX" should be awarded by killing the faction leader, as well as killing X number of defending players while in that city.

Conqueror of Org, Conqueror of SW, Conqueror of Undercity, Conqueror of Ironforge, etc.

Get all of the respective Conquerors, and then you get Conqueror of the Horde vs Conqueror of the Alliance.