Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yeah, the alliance "conqueror" title does sound cooler IMO; looks more like something PVP related.

You're right, Conqueror of Org should be for PvP groups that kill whoever is in charge at a given time...

doesn't conquerored imply they conquer and kept it. alliance don't really keep it. they give it back and leave nicely.

tails between their legs! haha
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week male breast feeding, batman and near death experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    doesn't conquerored imply they conquer and kept it.
    No. Perhaps the people arguing definitions should consult their dictionary first?

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    If only people got this riled up about ya know, worldwide political injustice, poverty, pollution and the extinction of wildlife. Who cares about that stuff, one word in a video game is serious!!!! YARRR!!!

Sort your life out TC.
    Wow, you are one to talk. Check out your post history, most of it is either whine or criticising people. Irony at its finest.

It's Blizzards way of trying to "give back" to the alliance players and make up for the unyielding horde favoritism since WoW beta. Lol.

Fucking Bullshit imo

Hellscreams fall is good enough hell they couldve even went with Conqueror of the Fallen Warchief or some bullshit

But to say that they conquered Orgrimmar when all they did was go in and help out is aload of bullshit fan service crap

We all know why they did it same with the horde breaker title now i agree they should give the allies better storys

So blizz when do we hordies get a title like we Broke the alliance or that we conquered SW oh wait that will never happen

Item names/titles/location names etc have really dropped in quality over the last few years. It seems like they have a pool of a few words that they just throw together to create new names now.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

doesn't matter if I get the title on my horde or alliance toons they still gonna be using the insane title

BC and Wrath are alliance stories. Cata and mists are horde so what. In vanilla alliance held 2/3 the lands in game all cata did was try to make it close to a 50/50 horde are just better when in second place.

Orgrimmar as a city is holding against you you are conquering its defenses its people its leader only people you are not conquering are it's revolutionaries. the other players and some npc

Thought Hordies didn't whine about stuff? /sarcasm

It's a title, we kinda do conquer Orgrimmar, I mean we go into Orgi and stop your warchief from being a doofus. Tis just a title, relax!

I imagine Liberators would be more appropriate for the Alliance, while Conquerors makes more sense for the Horde. Maybe they came up with the titles, argued long and hard over which side would get which, then either flipped a coin or did Rock Scissors Paper to end the office bickering and move on.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Strange that they would give different titles for accomplishing the same, exact thing. How are the Alliance "conquerors" when they fight side-by-side with members of the Horde, yet the Horde are not "conquerors?" The fight the same battle at the same time against the same enemy. Who maintains control of Orgrimmar: Alliance or Horde? Horde. So explain to me what, exactly, did the Alliance "conquer" on their own?

As for cool titles, I'm still waiting for "he who pees in the Alliance's cornflakes."

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It's a title, we kinda do conquer Orgrimmar, I mean we go into Orgi and stop your warchief from being a doofus. Tis just a title, relax!
    It's not a matter of kinda, the Alliance do in fact conquer Orgrimmar. It's a definitive military victory. The fact that the political interests of those commanding the forces do not extend beyond "eliminate the threat", it certainly doesn't change the fact that the Alliance have: Raided an enemy capital, killed or neutralized the enemy forces, as well as killing their leader.

Whiners gonna whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    It's not a matter of kinda, the Alliance do in fact conquer Orgrimmar. It's a definitive military victory. The fact that the political interests of those commanding the forces do not extend beyond "eliminate the threat", it certainly doesn't change the fact that the Alliance have: Raided an enemy capital, killed or neutralized the enemy forces, as well as killing their leader.

Whiners gonna whine.
    Conquer implies "take control," however. I can definitely see why it's not appropriate, in this case. What's happening in Orgrimmar is a liberation. Horde and Alliance both should probably get the "Liberator" title.

It's nice to see horde having something to be upset about for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Fucking Bullshit imo

Hellscreams fall is good enough hell they couldve even went with Conqueror of the Fallen Warchief or some bullshit

But to say that they conquered Orgrimmar when all they did was go in and help out is aload of bullshit fan service crap

We all know why they did it same with the horde breaker title now i agree they should give the allies better storys

So blizz when do we hordies get a title like we Broke the alliance or that we conquered SW oh wait that will never happen
    That's the best part!

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Game lore couldn't be less important to me. It's the same as lore in DotA 2 or Call of Duty, couldn't care less, it's entirely irrelevant. I don't play WoW for the story, that's what movies and books and single player games are for. WoW lore is idiotic and a complete waste of time.

Well, I mean, an Undead guy walking around is rather creepy, and Trolls/Orcs are pretty scary looking as well. I mean, I guess it's sort of racist, but I think it's well warranted. Not human things are fine, I mean elves are pretty chill and like Taurens are okay too, being all meaty and kinda cute.

It's no big secret that the ugly/scary looking people are the bad guys in 99.99% of all stories. I mean, I can't think of any video games or movies or tv shows or anime or mangas that have bad guys that are better looking than the good guys.

I mean sure, but if someone's priorities are "I better go bitch because of a title I can turn off in a video game" it's safe to say they need to fix that. Nobody should care that much about something so incredibly trivial and stupid.
    lore means nothing as blizzard changes lore to suit their whim. if lore were a verbal history handed down from generation to generation like it is normally defined then sure it would be important however blizzard wants holy cows, voila it is not lore.

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

After all the crap they've been throwing at alliance, (5.3 robotic cat, I'm looking at you) I feel we deserve SOMETHING out of this whole mess. While the titles may not be accurate by a long shot, at least Blizz is throwing us a bone.

Here's to hoping our big fist pumping moment comes next expansion...

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    That's the best part!
    as it shouldn't. horde gets shown plenty enough favoritism with better racials, classes that should not exist, etc.

so what if your panties get in a bunch over a title that most will never wear until they pop it up while tea bagging you after you flag somewhere you shouldn't and get whooped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It's nice to see horde having something to be upset about for a change
    how about it right?

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice