Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Oh, is that the chest you were talking about?

Yes, it's screwy and not just for you. I actually commented on this to Simca yesterday (but I didn't say which chest it was). I got all the way there only to not be able to see the chest! Another people dropped down right behind me though, and I saw them loot it. I definitely hadn't gotten the chest on any characters on live at that point.

I just logged out on the platform and came back a short while later and there it was. I saw someone loot it right after me, too, so it wasn't like it's the fluke chest with a super long respawn.
    Yeh when i was standing there yesterday at the daily/weekly chest you use the rope lines to get to. It wasnt there for me but ppl were obviously looting something in front of me.

prob just a bug bc it was there today for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4ever View Post
    Yeah your right, I went back this morning and did the pillar jumping chest and then checked the rope chest and it was there.
    I don't know if the rope chest depends on the hopping chest, and the wings statue depends on the rope chest. But the rope chest wasn't there the first time I checked for it, and the wings statue wouldn't fire me up into the air.

Then I did the hopping chest and went back to the rope chest, which was there.

Then I did the wings statue and it worked fine.

I don't know if you have to do them in order. Maybe they were just bugged. But when I did them in order, they worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4ever View Post
    Yeh when i was standing there yesterday at the daily/weekly chest you use the rope lines to get to. It wasnt there for me but ppl were obviously looting something in front of me.

prob just a bug bc it was there today for me.
    No, odds are they had never gotten the chest before. So it was there for them, but not you since you had already gotten it. There is no evidence I can find that they are daily, the MAY be weekly, but we wont know till next Tuesday.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

why did the daily chests get removed?

Deleted
    With the latest changes, I feel that the Isle went from too fast to too slow. I barely do anything but farming mobs right now, no exploration thrill of finding a random chest (can't find one) and it feels like I'm wasting coins on the keys.

I understand some changes, like the Burdens' drop from the chests, but the change from daily to weekly was too drastic for the purpose of exploration of the Isle.

Deleted
    This is all (except the weeklies) once per character, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    With the latest changes, I feel that the Isle went from too fast to too slow. I barely do anything but farming mobs right now, no exploration thrill of finding a random chest (can't find one) and it feels like I'm wasting coins on the keys.

I understand some changes, like the Burdens' drop from the chests, but the change from daily to weekly was too drastic for the purpose of exploration of the Isle.
    Agreed.

Timeless Isle is now just a mob grind for a select few groups. Which is even more problematic on highly populated servers. The island can not hold the amount of players that are on high pop servers. You end up basically screwed if you want to get coins and cannot get into a group.

Do the moss covered chests ever respawn after you loot them? Are they going to be weekly?

10+ Year Old Account
    so moss covered chest's are only once per toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't know if the rope chest depends on the hopping chest, and the wings statue depends on the rope chest. But the rope chest wasn't there the first time I checked for it, and the wings statue wouldn't fire me up into the air.

Then I did the hopping chest and went back to the rope chest, which was there.

Then I did the wings statue and it worked fine.

I don't know if you have to do them in order. Maybe they were just bugged. But when I did them in order, they worked.
    I can confirm that, the rope chest showed up for me only after the jumping one, and the statue worked only after the rope chest.

Also, what's up with the key drops for the sunken ship chest? On my monk they dropped within a few minutes, with my hunter i sat there for hours and they didn't drop.

Edit: Also, not sure if it's intended or a bug, but i was in a xrealm raid for ordos and decided to grab the blazing chest while waiting for people and the chest didn't show, after leaving the raid and switching back to my realm it popped up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    This is all (except the weeklies) once per character, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgreg View Post
    Do the moss covered chests ever respawn after you loot them? Are they going to be weekly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    so moss covered chest's are only once per toon?
    Once per toon, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bdew View Post
    Edit: Also, not sure if it's intended or a bug, but i was in a xrealm raid for ordos and decided to grab the blazing chest while waiting for people and the chest didn't show, after leaving the raid and switching back to my realm it popped up.
    A combination of bugged and intended. This behavior was intended to stop the quick gathering of Treasures of Pandaria from low pop realms via cross realm grouping. However, the Blazing Chest's respawn is instant, unlike the Treasures of Pandaria (which were several hours), so probably an oversight that it applies to that too.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-15 at 11:32 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I've gathered more than 17 moss covered chests. I was under the impression that there are 17 unique moss covered chest. Wouldn't that indicate that moss covered chests respawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    I've gathered more than 17 moss covered chests. I was under the impression that there are 17 unique moss covered chest. Wouldn't that indicate that moss covered chests respawn?
    There are actually 34 unique Moss-Covered Chests. I'm not sure why, but the achievement was changed to only require 17 (half) of them.

Since this information is listed on other sources now, no reason not to just share my spreadsheet if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LS2RkelE#gid=3

Question

Apologies for slight off-topic here, but the thread is about chests, and I have a quick question about the item(s) you get from the chests, so not completely off-topic, yep!

Does anyone know if I can "use" the ring token items twice on the same toon and get 2 equippable rings?

Same question about trinkets? I.e. if I used trinket (curio?) token once and got a trinket, equipped it, will I get ANOTHER type of trinket that I'd be able to equip as well if I use the 2nd curio?

Thanks guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mgs View Post
    Apologies for slight off-topic here, but the thread is about chests, and I have a quick question about the item(s) you get from the chests, so not completely off-topic, yep!

Does anyone know if I can "use" the ring token items twice on the same toon and get 2 equippable rings?

Same question about trinkets? I.e. if I used trinket (curio?) token once and got a trinket, equipped it, will I get ANOTHER type of trinket that I'd be able to equip as well if I use the 2nd curio?

Thanks guys.
    Rings: Yes. Those rings are not unique-equipped, so you can use as many of them as you want.
    Trinkets: Not really. There is only one possible trinket reward for each Class/spec combination, and they're unique. If you were, for example, a Warrior, you could swap into Protection (or change your loot specialization to Protection, anyway) and get the Protection trinket to use at the same time, but since it has a tank use effect it would only be an upgrade if your second trinket is really bad.

I'd recommend spending your valor on the 522 valor trinket as your main trinket and use the 496 from the curio token as your second trinket.

Just wondering.. I looted the weekly chests on Monday when I decided to go do all the chests achieves. Now it's Tuesday (still same reset) and the weekly chests are lootable again? Did they all get changed to daily or something?

Same with Celestial Tournament (battle pet one, not world bosses), it's a weekly think but my friend says he can do it every day?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Just wondering.. I looted the weekly chests on Monday when I decided to go do all the chests achieves. Now it's Tuesday (still same reset) and the weekly chests are lootable again? Did they all get changed to daily or something?

Same with Celestial Tournament (battle pet one, not world bosses), it's a weekly think but my friend says he can do it every day?
    Weekly quests reset at 3 am PST Tuesday for everyone.

The reason you and your friend can do weeklies again is because it is no longer the same reset.

This is a fantastic guide and was super helpful for me early last week. However, I suggest using this addon instead:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/timelessislechests

It pops up little icons for each chest on your map that disappear after you loot each one. Much easier than tomtom waypoint macros.

It also marks the entry point and targets for the weekly chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Since this information is listed on other sources now, no reason not to just share my spreadsheet if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LS2RkelE#gid=3
    Wow, thanks!
    But that spreadsheet shows 3 daily and 3 weekly chests. I thought all 6 were weekly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Wow, thanks!
    But that spreadsheet shows 3 daily and 3 weekly chests. I thought all 6 were weekly?
    Updated. I thought I fixed that a few days ago, weird.