Which heroics next in 10?

Hey there,

My raid comp is prot warrior, blood dk, mw monk, holy pally, resto/ele shaman, shadow (disc if needed) priest, warlock, rogue, hunter, retri pally. We have taken down H Jin and H Ji-kun, but I'm unsure of which fights to kill next. On my alt, I've already killed H Qon and H Horridon, attempts on council, Tortos, and TC... So I know the fights, but not entirely sure which way to steer my team.

For Horridon, it looks like a fairly easy fight to me. Most of the mechanics are the same as reg (except pink dino of doom, obviously), and the heals and tanks are strong. But the last phase tank damage is also ridiculous. We'd probably three heal it, since I (the shaman) am the only one that can dispell curses. If the curses aren't an issue, I might stay ele and have the priest go disc for heals+dmg, since the last phase hurts a lot.

On Tortos, I'd be concerned about killing the bats or kiting them. I know our monk could go bm for the fight, but I'd rather have his heals, so that'd be a very last resort thing. For reg, we had our warrior tank on Tortos and dk on bats. I haven't had a dk tank try to kite the bats, and I haven't had a warrior tank try to pick up bats. Are either of these harder than I'm imagining? It'd be nice to let the dk dodge/parry some attacks from Tortos instead of warrior blocking it and still eating damage.

We did some attempts on Qon last week 'cause we had time after killing Ji-kun, and it seemed doable, as long as no one dies to stupid early on. Heavily considering switching from 3-2-2 to melee takes like 5 with huge cd's, range stack after that if needed. However, last phase we weren't able to burn fire quillen down in time before he reached max energy, and juggling a ranged group in that phase would just seriously suck.

I'm assuming TC would have to be later, same for council. Both those fights seem harder than Qon, Horri, and Tortos.

Any other 10 man friends have thoughts on these fights?

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/96424/calendar/07-13/

I'd say go for Horridon and after that Iron Qon.

If you kill Horridon fast you will still have some time left to try Iron Qon without wasting the rest of the lockout.

after that I'd say tortos.

Your next bosses should be horridon, tortos and qon in any particular order.

- Horridon is a 2 heal fight, if any are in this tier its horridon. The only damage in the last phase after the boss enrages is on the tank and a dire call once per minute. The converse is there is a clear benefit to having more damage - the adds die quicker.
    - Tortos, DK's have more health so having them on the bats isn't a bad idea. I strongly suggest just killing the bats. As long as they don't drain the weak its not that hard if you have decent dps assignments.
    - Qon is like you say, survive the first phase and the worst is past.
    - Twins has a high healing check for 2 heals and a high dps check for 3 heals. The key to this fight is managing the celestials. Heroic is a pig if you mistime them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In our experience Tortos ended up being harder than IQ. Not quite the same lineup, but with a MW and an absorb healer IQ is cake. For Tortos though, MW dominate, and killing the bats instead of kiting might be pretty easy where you have the DK and an HPal, making it pretty trivial. I'd say give it some shots and see how it looks before you pass over him.

Horridon is just. . . frustrating with a Prot Warrior in my experience. They get one shot too easilly in the last phase if they aren't on point along with the heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd go iron qon next up but thats me.
    Hi

Horridon is a good next choice, three healing it will only make your life harder though and the healing requirement if very low. You can cure curses in any spec as a shaman so that shouldn't be your deciding factor.

Qon is quite easy if people don't die to stupid stuff, when we were progressing on it we had the ranged take 2 stacks and then our tanks + enhancement shaman took all of the following stacks. I would strongly suggest two healing Qon, it'll stress the healers a bit at the start of phase 4 when all the dogs are out, but with an extra dps you can get through phase 1 much quicker, avoid getting a second Wind Storm in phase 2, and kill Ro'shak in phase 4 before stacks become an issue.

Tortos is a bit mixed, we've spent quite a bit of time on him and had no success, currently 7/13 and still no Tortos. It's a really unforgiving fight and if people have a hard time managing their shields I'd recommend not wasting a lot of time on him.

Consorts is substantially harder than the first 5, it's very rough two healing it and depending on your gear you might even have a hard time making the enrage using 2 healers. This was our 4th kill and I wouldn't recommend it until you have both Qon and Horridon dead, they are substantially easier than Twins.

The difficulty of Council is highly dependent on gear and group comp, if you can negate a lot of the Frostbites it'll save the healers a ton of mana that they'll need for when Kazra'jin discharges. If you can't meet the dps check on Consorts I wouldn't recommend trying this fight.

I recommend iron Q or tortos, with a bit more farm Twin > horridon > council