D3 Console Test Invite, Blue Posts, Solution to Inventory Screen on Local Co-op
Stormwind Gameboard Audio, Blue Posts
Patch 5.4 - Timeless Isle Chests
Last week, we talked about the new BoA ilvl 496 tokens on the Timeless Isle and the ability to upgrade them to 535s with a Burden of Eternity. Today, we look at the biggest source of these items on the Timeless Isle: chests.
While the Timeless Isle hosts many different rare mobs and events, by far the fastest way for a character new to the Timeless Isle to get epics is through finding these chests. The catch is that almost all of the chests can only be found and looted once per character and you have to compete with other players for respawns (though they're short).
There are several major types of chests on the island, so here is a list which also serves as a legend for the map below. Keep in mind that contents and locations can change before these go live.
- Tier 1 (1): These are on the western half of the Timeless Isle and have the name "Moss-Covered Chest". They contain a very small amount of Timeless Coins and can sometimes contain an epic token.
- Tier 2 (2): These are on the eastern half of the Timeless Isle and have the name "Moss-Covered Chest". They contain a few hundred Timeless Coins and can sometimes contain an epic token.
- Tier 3 (3): These chests are located in hard to reach places and have many different names. The western two of them are on top of cliffs and are accessible by using a Highwind Albatross. Another two are in caves, and the final one is an area densely populated by Gulp Frogs. These chests all contain a few hundred Timeless Coins and multiple epic tokens.
- Tier 4 (4): These chests are located in the middle of groups of Ordos yaungol and have the name "Smouldering Chest". They contain several hundred Timeless Coins and multiple epic tokens.
- Tier 5 (5): This 'ultimate' chest, the Blazing Chest, is located in the western part of the Ordos Sanctuary and can be tricky to reach due to the large amount of high-level elites in the area. The chest contains a medium amount of Timeless Coins, a few epic tokens, and a guaranteed Burden of Eternity.
- Daily (D): As the name implies, these chests can be looted once per day, unlike the majority of the island's chests. All of them are in places that require effort (and even some platforming skills) to reach. Additionally, they all drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune in addition to a medium amount of Timeless Coins and a possible epic token.
- Weekly (W): As the name implies, these chests can be looted once per week, unlike the majority of the island's chests. Both of these chests are underwater and require a bit of fighting to reach - one even requires a key from the mobs around it. Additionally, they both drop (~5-15)Lesser Charms of Good Fortune in addition to a medium amount of Timeless Coins and a possible epic token. The southern-most Weekly chest also will contain a Cursed Swabby Helmet the first time you open it.
In addition to lots of loot, these chests are now linked to achievements as well. Finding all of the 'one-time' chests (Tier 1-5 in the list above) will net you the achievement Treasure, Treasure Everywhere. If you loot both Weekly chests and the eastern-most Daily chest (all three are pirate-themed), you will receive the achievement Where There's Pirates, There's Booty, and you can receive the achievement Extreme Treasure Hunter for getting the other three Daily chests.
Patch 5.4 - No Epic Gems
It seems we won't get epic gems during Patch 5.4.
Raid Testing Schedule - August 6
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Patch 5.4 - Vengeance Diminishing Returns
Keep in mind that this is a translated post, so details can be lost. Thanks to ngacnlcq for the translation.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionBrief summary: You will get 1/N of the full Vengeance when hit by the mob within 5 seconds who has the Nth highest DPS. This "N" will be recalculated each time you are hit.
For example, you are tanking 3 mobs: one is the Boss and the other two are mobs. The Boss has 1.5 million DPS, one mob has 400K and the other has 300K. The system will now sort these mobs by their DPS:
- 1. Boss: 1.5 million DPS, so you will get 1/1 (100%) of the full Vengeance.
- 2. The first mob: 400K DPS, so you will get 1/2 (50%) of the full Vengeance.
- 3. The second mob: 300K DPS, so you will get 1/3 (33.33%) of the full Vengeance.
This mechanism will be recalculated when you are hit by even more mobs within 5 seconds(1/4, 1/5, 1/6,etc). Additionally, in the example above, if the first mob is not attacking you while the second mob is, you will get 1/2 of the full Vengeance by this attack instead of 1/3.
WoWDB Addon Data Collection
Collection data on things like Timeless Isle drops and locations is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.
To help out, just click here if you have Curse Client already installed.
When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse Client will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon. You can see the last time data was uploaded by looking in the Plugins tab of the options, as well as making sure the addon is enabled there. Be sure you have Curse Client open before you close WoW so that the data will upload!
The Burdens of Shaohao
If you can't get enough of Lorewalker Cho's storytelling, this should be a fun week! Blizzard is releasing a six part series that looks at Emperor Shaohao as he progresses toward discovering the truth about his future.