Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
    idd, i dont like the vengence nerf at all.. good bye multitanking
    Im more irritated due to soloing purposes. Some of the bosses require vengeance cheesing to solo. I see a bunch of stuff we are able to kill now easily become either much harder to do or basically getting too close to the enrage. I finally just killed LK heroic, and mostly did it due to vengeance cheesing now I have to pray I get invincible before 5.4 =/.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do the chests like they did in Isle of Thunder. Not everyone can see every chest or open every chest at all times. Learned this questing with my sweetie as sometimes one of us could find a chest the other one could not see or loot.

Good job Blizzard on making GW2 style cartoons.

Though Legend of Korra for some reason, music maybe, on the first video.
    And the monkey reminds me of Rafiki from Lion King, 'course.

Oh, the camping...

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people upset about the chests:

They're phased after you've looted them, they can be opened in combat, and they have a super fast respawn, and some, like the daily ones, don't even despawn at all and can be chain looted. There isn't going to be chest camping and probably minimal competition for them in the first place given the way they were designed.

Wait until you've actually seen how it functions before you get riled up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcloud View Post
    do you really think it was a good idea to mark the chest locations on an island that is supposed to be exploration based?
    There is absolutely a demand for it, and many players will use and appreciate the map. Of course it destroys the mystery but I highly recommend that players who want to maintain that not use a treasure guide. I'd like to think most players can make the decision for themselves based on what they prefer.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To the people upset about the chests:

They're phased after you've looted them, they can be opened in combat, and they have a super fast respawn, and some, like the daily ones, don't even despawn at all and can be chain looted. There isn't going to be chest camping and probably minimal competition for them in the first place given the way they were designed.

Wait until you've actually seen how it functions before you get riled up about it.
    How about no.

Raising concers BEFORE this stuff goes live is exactly when people should be riled up about this. Also its a PTR, fast respawns are kinda normal, while the population is nowhere near the one of populated realm, its not a strech to assume respawns are gonna be longer and the demand is gonna be high (hell, on my realm, if I wanna farm warbringers I still have to go at 3 AM because people are constantly farming them and thats just for a mount, not for actually decently powerful gear)

Your prediction isnt any better in that regard than anyone elses, so I dunno why you act like you know something more.

There is absolutely a demand for it, and many players will use and appreciate the map. Of course it destroys the mystery but I highly recommend that players who want to maintain that not use a treasure guide. I'd like to think most players can make the decision for themselves based on what they prefer.
    Wow, good thing that map with numbers is the first thing people see when they open MMO... before they read what it is about, they already lost the mystery.

Hmm I wonder which class is going to be the best for all this treasure and rare hunting on the Timeless Isle? Any ideas?

Oh boy! Those chests sure are going to be fun to try and get on my high-pop server...NOT! I guess the only redeeming quality to them is the fact that the ilvl of said obtainable epics is so low that on a well-progressed server the hardcore raiders (read: NOT ME) aren't going to want i535s unless they're out there on their alts.

To be honest I'm still curious as to the overall purpose of adding in low(er) level epics to new patches. Seems a bit odd to me. Like when 5.3 happened and you get i496 from the Kor'Kron tokens when all of the current epic (good epic) ilvls are 522+. Is it a sating mechanic? "Here, we know you lowly LFR junkies/casuals (their thoughts, not mine...I'm an LFR junkie) probably couldn't get much, if any, good epic gear during ToT's run...so here..." /tosses tokens in our face

But lest we forget - the progressive raiders have some deep-seated NEED to feel special about their higher ilvls as compared to us "nobodies" who "can't play the game."

They say they don't cater to the small % of hardcore raiders in this game...but to an extent they very much do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    Oh boy! Those chests sure are going to be fun to try and get on my high-pop server...NOT! I guess the only redeeming quality to them is the fact that the ilvl of said obtainable epics is so low that on a well-progressed server the hardcore raiders (read: NOT ME) aren't going to want i535s unless they're out there on their alts.

To be honest I'm still curious as to the overall purpose of adding in low(er) level epics to new patches. Seems a bit odd to me. Like when 5.3 happened and you get i496 from the Kor'Kron tokens when all of the current epic (good epic) ilvls are 522+. Is it a sating mechanic? "Here, we know you lowly LFR junkies/casuals (their thoughts, not mine...I'm an LFR junkie) probably couldn't get much, if any, good epic gear during ToT's run...so here..." /tosses tokens in our face

But lest we forget - the progressive raiders have some deep-seated NEED to feel special about their higher ilvls as compared to us "nobodies" who "can't play the game."

They say they don't cater to the small % of hardcore raiders in this game...but to an extent they very much do.
    When did you start playing wow? I'm assuming either during wotlk or cata and most likely probably cata.

The whole reasoning behind lower ilvl epics is so previous content does not become obsolete. The three five mans at the end of cata made it so firelands, bot, bwd, and to4w became obsolete as you didn't need to do them to get into DS LFR or normal DS. They are keeping all content relevant to an extent. I am absolutely OK with this because I absolutely hated that they spent all this time on content only to make it obsolete the next tier.

For the people complaining about others gearing up through chest loots...do what I do...

If that person responds to a pug in trade chat, you take a moment and armory them. If they are NOT wearing raiding gear (that is, gear from the current tier normal or heroic) you do NOT invite them.

Also - LFR gear should be blue, not purple. If anything - color LFR pink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Raising concers BEFORE this stuff goes live is exactly when people should be riled up about this. Also its a PTR, fast respawns are kinda normal, while the population is nowhere near the one of populated realm, its not a strech to assume respawns are gonna be longer and the demand is gonna be high (hell, on my realm, if I wanna farm warbringers I still have to go at 3 AM because people are constantly farming them and thats just for a mount, not for actually decently powerful gear)
    There's no reason to be so hostile. I'm just trying to assuage people's fears.

Concerns should definitely be raised before things go live, but I don't this its fair to pass of panic on a third party website about things that are currently not true to be synonymous with expressing critiques to Blizzard. By all means, if something is poorly designed people should totally complain on the PTR forums before it makes it live. The problem is that (a) posts here are not raising concerns with Blizzard and (b) people are "raising concerns" about things that there is no evidence to suggest are true.

The people commenting about hypothetical worries like four hour respawns and having to fight people for chests and other things that they are imagining in their minds as some kind of worst case scenario. Whether the instant respawns on the PTR will manifest on live is one thing but even if it doesn't (and it very well might), getting upset because one assume something is going to function one way is getting ahead of ourselves. It doesn't function that way on the PTR, and while the PTR might not accurately reflect live, it's a lot more reasonable to believe the content as it currently exists than based on changes we assume will happen based on nothing but worry.

And aside from the issue of respawning chest, as I said, many of the chests do not despawn at all when looted for other users; they simply phase out for the people once they've been opened. This applies to all the daily chests (and I am pretty sure the weekly ones but I'm not positive there) which will be the ones looted the most. There is zero competition on those, regardless of respawn times or PTR vs live population or any of that.

Some things are always going to be harder on a high pop realm, of course. Overall, the island has been very well designed with population size in mind and I think it's pretty fair to point that out to players. A great deal of the chests are phased, the rares (and even some of the regular elites) are shared taps, and stuff like the lootable sand and nutrients are all over the place and (currently) respawn super fast.

Criticism is fine but it should be levied against things as they are and not as people imagine they are. A lot of the people who are upset based entirely on assumptions and I'm just saying people should see how it actually works before declaring the sky is falling.

Wow, good thing that map with numbers is the first thing people see when they open MMO... before they read what it is about, they already lost the mystery.
    Let's be reasonable here. No one who glances at the map now is going to remember the precise locations and coords of the markers in a few weeks when it makes it live.

But really if someone does have an amazing photographic memory but doesn't like spoilers, they probably shouldn't read the news posts at all since they contain tons of PTR previews, datamining, and lore spoilers and always has.

I think it's a lot better to provide that kind of information and let users decide for themselves whether they want to utilise it or not than to not provide it at all.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

WOOT Midwinter Reppin not only Ally, but US-Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Fast respawn: 4 hours (probaly)

I already see ppl camping chest 5 24/7 (mostly hard core ones)
    Betting its this, lolol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    to feel stronger? have a way to improve your character? if you ask like this, why do you think we need gems in the first place?
    Epic gems are not needed. They need to break the pattern, it's always the same stuff every expansion. You don't seem to get it either, you get the epic gems, x and y also, so it makes no difference if you improve your character.

Think about it, them introducing *epic gems* is not interesting in the slightest. Really think about it.

Deleted
    I stopped watching when the monkey king came! What´s next? The frog prince and the seabass princess???

Dear god............

Deleted
    Epic gems are not needed. They need to break the pattern, it's always the same stuff every expansion. You don't seem to get it either, you get the epic gems, x and y also, so it makes no difference if you improve your character.

Think about it, them introducing *epic gems* is not interesting in the slightest. Really think about it.
    Actually, it's very interesting. Please correct me if I am mistaken, as I have been away from WoW and only got back a few days ago. 5.4 is the patch where we fight Garrosh, right?

If no, then sorry, my logic is flawed. No point reading what comes next.

If yes, saying "epic gems not happening in 5.4", means they will eventually happen still in MoP. If Garrosh is the final boss, what are they holding up their sleeves? Some surprise boss aka Sunwell or Ruby Sanctum to introduce next expansion?

EDIT- Quoted wrong comment. Corrected.
    Last edited by mmocbf971f7ee1; 2013-08-06 at 11:20 PM.

Can't wait, going to be awesome. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Karagar View Post
    Yeah! Screw the centuries-old artstyle its actually based off of, this is OBVIOUSLY an act of cheap copying done by Blizzard... >.>
    ummm and? comment still stands, GW2 made the brush stroke style their signature in the mmo space. Blizzards effort is very similar although much less saturated from a colour point of view.