Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    It's not just you, many players think this way.

- - - Updated - - -

What a stupid statement.
    With that statement i mean most of the players like it and didn't think it could be any better then they thought it could be.
    It's not stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    What a stupid statement.
    What a stupid statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    if the next expansion is not about the Legion Blizzard can shut the servers down

I think the theme is less important than what new features/systems are added. At least for me. I really hope they add some new form of progression (like EQ's Alternate Advancement). Because if it's just more of the same (endgame gear grind), then no matter how awesome the story is, it won't be enough for me.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's so "obvious" that next expansion is Burning Legion themed that I can actually see Blizzard using another theme just because. At this point I'm not so sure what the theme will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Why do people want a Burning Legion expansion anyways? So their factions can be replaced by another generic Paladin/Light based faction again? Or so they can fight a group of enemies who have always failed, even the plans that succeed end up just backfiring and making their enemy more powerful.

I'd like to see them return to some old villains. MoP wasn't really my cup of tea, probably my least favorite expansion.

Deleted
    I predict either something to do with the Emerald Dream, or something to do with Azshara; an underwater expansion would be fantastic, not least given the fact that she has Neptulon's Trident now and practically controls the world's oceans.

In the event that it's neither of those things, I predict they'll throw us a curve ball; some sort of bug-themed expansion, not least given the fact that the lore seems to say that the vast majority of Azeroth's insect empires are underground and potentially connected to one another. Or, as Teriz says, a Steampunk idea which I could certainly get behind; maybe a Gnome/Gilnean-themed expansion, depicting a clash of technology and tradition as the unlikely race pairing gets to work on taking back Gilneas!

Probably would un sub.

I do not see an expac about naga and old gods to be even remotely interesting at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think too many people took the Wrathion quest too seriously. They're going to be seriously disappointed when the next expac gets announced.

I expect BL xpac but I won't mind if it happens to be others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The next expansion could be.... Steampunk?

Very unlikely. Steampunk theme is not strong enough to be main theme imo.

Personally I'm tired of hearing about Old God stuff on its own. Old Gods and Titans are meant for each other, they're beings of immense power and should be treated as such. Everything we can do to the Old Gods is set them back in their slumber, it took Titans to actually defeat and imprison them. We're not Titans. We can't shape entire worlds. I think Yogg'Saron was the best thing they ever gave us with Old Gods, great fight and great lore, but it should stop at that. What's the point of always putting Old Gods back to sleep and not actually defeating them? It's so anticlimactic if we have to do it like 2-3 more times.

If the next expansion isn't about the Legion I hope it's at least something incredible related to the Warcraft engine, the same way Everquest Next is making an MMO where you can destroy everything around you, dig into the earth, crazy stuff like that.

I think it's time for Blizzard to show the world again why they are remembered as great. I hope they give us something incredible not by the new quests and raids, but by changes to the game itself. I think WoW pre-BC was great compared to EQ but after that not much changed until Wintergrasp, which I thought was the herald for even more amazing things, but it wasn't really.

So yeah, if it's not about the Legion but about something like "Ok let's go kill Azshara now because there's some OTHER old god controlling her" I'll still buy the game cause I'm really stupid and I have no self control, but I'll probably get just as bored with it as with this expansion.

Either way if they do Burning Legion they'll probably bring back Turalyon and Alleria and make them stand there with question markers over their heads, which makes me kind of depressed to think about, like they did with Alexstrasza and other peeps (Hello, I'm the mother of all red dragons you heard about all the way in Warcraft 2, go kill some things for me and I'll give you some gold). Ugh.

If it's Burning Legion I'd like to see Turalyon and Alleria and Danath and Khadgar and and Kurdran band up together and form the Sons of Lothar and take back Stromgarde and stuff, like really cool heroic shit, like go by themselves around the world and do stuff and you can fight alongside them, not stand there with question marks over their heads.

Yeah.

I honestly don't think the next expansion will be about the Legion. Blizz has said that next expansion the horde will be focused on rebuilding and the alliance will have a big win. Wrathion also says at the end of the questline that next time his plans will not be left up to chance. Would be tough to have more plans if the legion was on azeroth's front door. I personally am hoping for an Aszhara/N'zoth story. In my opinion it would be strange to go off and fight the legion with Azshara, one of the strongest beings on Azeroth, just hanging around especially since Neptulon is no longer in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Will the playerbase accept another "filler" expansion?
    So every expansion which isn't about the burning legion is a filler?
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-08-07 at 12:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why would it bleed more if it isn't burning legion?
    Conversely, what makes people think that that a return of the Burning Legion would make subs stop bleeding? A second Legion centric expansion doesn't necessarily mean a second coming of the TBC. Everything the current batch of doomsayers have blamed for the ruination of WOW will still be present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

if its not BL exp then im really done with this game. ive tried giving them the benefit of the doubt for most of the crap they've done this exp but its just getting a little too comical. considering where they have gone from wrath and bc im not suprised they have gone the MAX PROFIT and MIN quality content to satisfy the "Casuals"

Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    if its not BL exp then im really done with this game. ive tried giving them the benefit of the doubt for most of the crap they've done this exp but its just getting a little too comical. considering where they have gone from wrath and bc im not suprised they have gone the MAX PROFIT and MIN quality content to satisfy the "Casuals"
    Right, which is why most top raiders consider this the best raiding expansion of all time. Clearly that's because of minimum quality content.

MoP raised the bar on quality content significantly. It's been an extremely good expansion.

I don't really care what the theme of the next expansion is as long as they keep up the top notch work. Subs will continue to bleed whether they make something 10x worse than Cata or 10x greater than TBC. The game costs over 100 dollars to get in to compared to costing nothing at all to quit. The game needs a retail catchup mechanic to stop the bleeding. It has nothing to do with the content of the game.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-08-07 at 12:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post

Very unlikely. Steampunk theme is not strong enough to be main theme imo.
    Eh, Steampunk is a pretty large genre. Blizzard could go in several directions with it, and it could be an interesting direction for the game to go in. Additionally, they have a class and several lore-starved races that could benefit from such a storyline.

Then again I deeply enjoyed the Pandaria expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit, oh wait, I already did that

But, if it's a fun expansion, I think I'll play again, anyway it cant be worst.