Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't have a problem with it on a personal level, but I don't like it because usually the women who do it are low class attention seeking selfish monsters.

For instance; I went and saw a midnight movie premier afew years ago, a woman was sitting front row breast feeding her kid who was crying the entire film and she got uppity when someone told her to take t to the bathroom so we didn't have to hear the crying.

So in principal I don't have an issue with it but in practice I do because usually the women who do it have the worst and most selfish of attitudes. They act like the world revolves around them and their little kid and are inconsiderate of the feelings and wants of others.

I have no problem with women breastfeeding in public but beware there are plenty of perverts/pedophiles out there who would love to watch.

I don't see why both parties cannot act civil.

How about the anti breastfeeding people stop acting like they see the devil in person when they see it happening and the pro breastfeeding people try to bring pumped milk or try to look for some quiet corner (doesn't have to be the toilet) or realise that in some places it is not very descent to do it. Try to put yourself in somebody else shoes for a moment and stop caring so much. Keeps your stress levels down too so bonus health benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I don't have a problem with it on a personal level, but I don't like it because usually the women who do it are low class attention seeking selfish monsters.

For instance; I went and saw a midnight movie premier afew years ago, a woman was sitting front row breast feeding her kid who was crying the entire film and she got uppity when someone told her to take t to the bathroom so we didn't have to hear the crying.

So in principal I don't have an issue with it but in practice I do because usually the women who do it have the worst and most selfish of attitudes. They act like the world revolves around them and their little kid and are inconsiderate of the feelings and wants of others.
    Bringing babies to a cinema is always a bad idea. Breast feeding isn't the issue here; it's 'baby in the cinema.'

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Whether a woman chooses to be discreet about it or not, she has the right to breastfeed in public. It's one of the most natural things in the world, as well as the most healthy thing you can do for your baby.
    not really a strong argument because someone could come out of left field with "sex is one of, if not the, most natural thing in the world as well, can't do that"

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Bringing babies to a cinema is always a bad idea. Breast feeding isn't the issue here; it's 'baby in the cinema.'
    Exactly right. If anything, the breastfeeding is at least shutting the kid up. Shouldn't really be there in the first place though; going to movies is just something you don't get to do for a few months if you decide to have a child.

Deleted
    So much ignorance on these forums. Ill just unsub to this thread before i say something that will get me banned...

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.

Have your baby fed before you leave your home, or find a public bathroom to feed it if you need it.
    It's good to see people that have mastered time travel and have shown evidence they went back to the 40s with attitudes like this. You and UnC, who said:

"Disgusting, don't show me your disgusting stretchmarked cowtits please." are either bad trolls or just bad people.

There is NOTHING disgusting about breastfeeding; if you think there is, please kindly join the rest of us in the 21st century.

If I have to put up with your squalling brat that you can't be bothered to discipline when I'm at a restaurant, you can put up with a mother feeding her baby, peacefully and discretely.

The sheer amount of sexist people in this thread is what's disgusting.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    True, but it was just one of many examples. No one wants to a night out at a restaurant and have a crying infant breast feed in front of u. Whether or not I'm offended by it, I'm not, I still lose
    My appetite which goes back to my movie theatre point in that usually the women who breast feed in public are low class and selfish. They don't care about ruining the night of others if they get a night on the town. If I ran a high class restaurant or movie theatre, I wouldn't even allow infants in due to this uncomfortable issue. The women who do it tend to have the worst attitudes and there is no point of trying to ask them kindly to take it elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    So much ignorance on these forums. Ill just unsub to this thread before i say something that will get me banned...
    You could actually get infracted for that, you may as well chime in with your opinion before you get a private message with a 5 point worthy infraction for "minor spam"

Sex is indeed natural, but you can't compare it to breastfeeding....
    i know, just playing devil's advocate :P

Sex is indeed natural, but you can't compare it to breastfeeding....
    Because...? I don't really see what something being natural has to do with anything. Pooping is quite natural, yet generally don't behind closed doors.

(Note: I'm fine with public breastfeeding, I just don't think, "it's natural" is a valid point.)

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Disgusting, don't show me your disgusting stretchmarked cowtits please.
    Well aren't you assuming bullshit, speaking of bovines.

OT: No problem for me, as long as it's kept out of eating establishments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Because...? I don't really see what something being natural has to do with anything. Pooping is quite natural, yet generally don't behind closed doors.

(Note: I'm fine with public breastfeeding, I just don't think, "it's natural" is a valid point.)
    Well, sex isn't a personal necessity. (inb4 someone says "u need it 4 da humon raec") Breastfeeding a child is a personal necessity.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

You really cannot compare the two, Sex is something that can wait, There is no reason to just do it there and then, Hunger on the other hand is entirely different, especially in a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Well, sex isn't a personal necessity. (inb4 someone says "u need it 4 da humon raec") Breastfeeding a child is a personal necessity.
    Pooping is a personal necessity. I still don't do it in public spaces.

The reason breastfeeding is fine is because it's fine. It's inherently not objectionable in any sort of relevant way. Something being natural, or a bodily function isn't really an argument for doing it publicly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    You really cannot compare the two, Sex is something that can wait, There is no reason to just do it there and then, Hunger on the other hand is entirely different, especially in a baby.
    Sometimes I really need to poop. This is not a good argument for doing it wherever I please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cashzilla View Post
    not doing it in restaurants is very fair i think, but how long before "i can do it where i want when i want" from someone who thinks it's sanitary to whip their tits out around people eating. that's the only place where i'd draw a line i think
    Can't see why you see anything wrong in feeding someone in a restaurant.

the sex comment isn't about personal necessity, it was a response to someone who used the argument "breastfeeding is very natural." personal necessity and natural aren't the same thing

No one is disputing that. No one faults the baby for being hungry, they fault the mother for being too self centered and selfish to stad up, take 5 minutes away from the table, and go feed in the bathroom. I've had women breast feed in front of me during midnight movies, restaurants, and the worst was at a YMCA children's soccer game with 6 year olds(and she wasn't exactly covering up)

The problem isn't with breast feeding its with the selfish mothers who don't want to get up and are inconsiderate of everyone else except the baby. Baby should alway come first but if u are gonna breast feed in public, ffs Do it with class and cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    couldn't you then argue that pumping breastmilk to use in public is the same as waiting?