PC slowing down...

Something is happening with my PC recently. I get lag spikes in WoW ( when in cities mainly ) every 30 sec. When I open the official forums and go to some thread I see the brown background as pixels seperated in 3 different nuances of brown. Videos on youtube lag so much...

It could be my internet but idk. It's supposed to be good considering the price.

Please restrain from posting suggestions that include money because I am not able to buy anything for my comp.

Here are some screens:

Is there something wrong with my CPU usage? ( BTW I have a weird problem with League of Legends too. Sometimes, very rarely actually, my League of Legends which usually uses up 250k of w/e that thing in Task Manager is called ( is that CPU usage? ) and out of nowhere in the midst of a game it goes up to 750k and my FPS goes down from 18 to 6 ( low graphics ).

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Viruses, Malware, etc etc. Download Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware. Run 'em.

Also, your computer is outdated. Like, really outdated.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Something is happening with my PC recently. I get lag spikes in WoW ( when in cities mainly ) every 30 sec. When I open the official forums and go to some thread I see the brown background as pixels seperated in 3 different nuances of brown. Videos on youtube lag so much...

It could be my internet but idk. It's supposed to be good considering the price.

Please restrain from posting suggestions that include money because I am not able to buy anything for my comp.

Here are some screens:

Is there something wrong with my CPU usage? ( BTW I have a weird problem with League of Legends too. Sometimes, very rarely actually, my League of Legends which usually uses up 250k of w/e that thing in Task Manager is called ( is that CPU usage? ) and out of nowhere in the midst of a game it goes up to 750k and my FPS goes down from 18 to 6 ( low graphics ).
    From info I have, I'd say you're at the same time loading youtube videos and other stuff in browser which use alot of ram by themselves, and then also play wow which then doesn't have enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, a Pentium 4 3.06 Northwood. That's a blast from the past.

It might be due to the fact you have an 11 year old CPU. Software changes and gets better and requires more power. Hardware, on its own, does not.

That said, graphical entities are a bit odd. I'd hit up Malwarebytes and download that, run it, and clean off any junk you may have accumulated over the past er... decade. >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Honestly the fact that you can actually use a Pentium 4 is worth a cookie....

Wouldn't your CPU working on full load whenever you load a program?

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I diagnose your computer with a severe case of OLDNESS! Aside from possible malware, your computer can't really handle that much.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    might be time for an upgrade.

or run malware scans.
    Hi

Deleted
    What operating system and do you only have 2.5GB of physical memory?

Increase the size of your paging file and try to avoid running more than one process or combination of big processes that uses large amounts of memory (over "250,000K").

Also, any form of HD video playback, especially over Internet, will likely always be slow and jerky given your ancient CPU.

I'm rather surprised that WoW even runs on there since they state their minimum is a dual core processor (Pentium D).

10+ Year Old Account
    Notably, the system is not only 2 years older than WoW itself, but 3 years older than Youtube. So I can see it struggling some on things.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It might shock you but this 11 year old babe can run WoW with certain graphics on ultra xD ( Textures, Spell Effects, Ground Clutter, LIQUID QUALITY xD esp this one )

But yeah. It does need a sadly impossibly upgrade at the time. I posted my task manager screen because I want to ask which of these processes that are listed there are supposed to be running and which not? I have no idea what all of those are. Sometimes I wish I could just cancel them but I fear messing up something.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    From info I have, I'd say you're at the same time loading youtube videos and other stuff in browser which use alot of ram by themselves, and then also play wow which then doesn't have enough.
    I am not stupid, man. I wouldn't come here asking for help if it was my fault - loading more than 1 program/video at a time. I tried watching some japanese anime with skype, wow, LoL, lol recorded and all other programs and games that I use turned off. No other chrome/mozilla windows open. Didn't help. I even let it load but that didn't help. It's like watching a picture movie. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly your system (based off the screenshot) is not really using much resources. But you also aren't doing anything right then. no browser, no game, nothing. it's like asking what is wrong with your car, while the car is off.

Run some cleaners, get your system running smoother, and start looking at means for an upgrade. A cheap $100 system locally used would be better than what you have now =/

when's the last time you defragged your hard drive? an old system like that uses the hard drive a lot for virtual memory. i would suggest you do a thorough cleaning of your system, defrag, then check your virtual memory settings.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Honestly your system (based off the screenshot) is not really using much resources. But you also aren't doing anything right then. no browser, no game, nothing. it's like asking what is wrong with your car, while the car is off.

Run some cleaners, get your system running smoother, and start looking at means for an upgrade. A cheap $100 system locally used would be better than what you have now =/
    Please no upgrade suggestions. I just don't have such an option. I appreciate all the suggestions above. I'll see what I can do.