View Poll Results: Would you prefer a Shadowpriest class, and a Holy Priest class with less shadowform?

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • Totally!

13 18.84%
  • Never. Please no. By the light.

56 81.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I thought it was pretty self-explanatory... OP said Forsaken are forsaken by the light. Blue post clearly shows that not to be the case.
    i could post everything but the first two sentences of what you just quoted of me again, and it would still be a fitting response :P

again, whether or not the op believed that forsaken are unable to use the light or not, it's still true that forsaken were given the priest class ingame due to their shadow priests in lore, which was really the point of the op (as i understood it, anyway).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I enjoy playing Shadow Priest more than any other DPS class but I do not like healing at all. If there was a separate class for the Shadow Priest spec that had three different DPS options I would be very happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i could post everything but the first two sentences of what you just quoted of me again, and it would still be a fitting response :P
    Forsaken using the Light is allowed in the lore. Their rarity in lore is irrelevant, PCs don't follow those rules. There aren't really 7.7 million adventurers running around Azeroth more powerful than Ragnaros. PCs are already special cases.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-06 at 09:30 PM.

lol wut? .......................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Good idea, but it would be nightmare for all those people that already have priests.

simply put the only way that this is feasible is if blizz gets off the "horde is the good side too" bandwagon and made shadowpriest horde only.

of course they would need to rescind holy cows or force them to be an alliance breed.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you're going along this route, warlocks and DKs shouldn't be allowed in the Alliance. Necromancy is forbidden.

We could just remove priests altogether since warlocks and death knights exist for the shadow portion and paladins exist for the holy. All people do is complain about disc being op and shadow being crap anyway.

The distinction works lorewise, but it isn't enough to justify a new class for the game. If Sunwalkers (tauren paladins) or Medics (gnome priests) didn't get unique classes, I don't see how the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow would deserve one.

On the other hand, I do think the spec should have more spells and visual effects. That would make them feel more unique.

I really enjoy the duality of the priest class; I think it's pretty cool to be able to wield both light and darkness (in game if not entirely in lore).
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken using the Light is allowed in the lore. Their rarity in lore is irrelevant, PCs don't follow those rules.
    you're mostly wrong here. the number of individuals in a specific group in lore is relevant for what blizzard choses to make available to players.
    obviously what they think is best in terms of game mechanics has higher priority, but that doesn't mean the lore is irrelevant. if it was, there would be no race-class restrictions at all.
    PCs are already special cases.
    that's pretty much what i said in my earlier post (not the one you quoted). still, usually it's a case of giving pcs quite a bit of leeway when it comes to what is in lore (and what isn't) rather than ignoring the lore completely.

And if you're going along this route, warlocks and DKs shouldn't be allowed in the Alliance. Necromancy is forbidden.
    warlocks actually don't usually practise their magic in public, they certainly wouldn't run around with a voidwalker following them in plain sight at day in the streets of stormwind. but they still are part of the alliance, there are still quite a few humans (and of course gnomes, etc) who are drawn to these demonic powers. they just tend to practise them out of sight of the public and/or guards (there's a tavern in the mage district of sw that fronts for a sort-of-secret circle of warlocks).

deathknights are a special case, since they were allowed back into the alliance despite distrust and hate against them. no idea if blizzard ever made an official statement on whether or not they'd be allowed to practise necromancy, but i figure it would be like with warlocks: not officially allowed, but connived as long as they use their powers away from public eyes and/or against the enemies of the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're mostly wrong here. the number of individuals in a specific group in lore is relevant for what blizzard choses to make available to players.
    obviously what they think is best in terms of game mechanics has higher priority, but that doesn't mean the lore is irrelevant. if it was, there would be no race-class restrictions at all.
    Lore population numbers are irrelevant to making PCs. The Darkspear are a small tribe, but everyone can make a troll PC. Bilgwater are a small band that can fit onto a single ship, but everyone can make a goblin PC. Wandering Isle Pandaren are a small population, especially those that leave to join the Horde/Alliance, but everyone can make a pandaren PC. Lore population numbers of holy magic using Forsaken is irrelevant to creating Forsaken priests.

deathknights are a special case, since they were allowed back into the alliance despite distrust and hate against them. no idea if blizzard ever made an official statement on whether or not they'd be allowed to practise necromancy, but i figure it would be like with warlocks: not officially allowed, but connived as long as they use their powers away from public eyes and/or against the enemies of the alliance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Are blood elf death knights still afflicted by their racial addiction to magic?
    A: No, though their new addiction, the one all Ebon Blade death knights possess, is arguably worse: the need to inflict pain. If death knights do not regularly inflict agony upon another creature, they begin to suffer wracking pains that could drive them into a mindless, blood-seeking hysteria—a far worse fate than that of those who suffer from arcane withdrawal. (Source)
    Darkmoon Faire Cataclysm Promotion: Fortune card:
    Humans, Night Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Draenei, and the savage Worgen make up the illustrious Alliance. Proud and noble, courageous and wise, these races work together to preserve order in Azeroth. The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith.

In a time when chaos and uncertainty reign, the Alliance remains steadfast in its determination to bring light to the darkest corners of the world.

Pandaren faction choice screen:
    The noble races of the Alliance are bound together by proud traditions of nobility, honor, faith, justice, and sacrifice. The many different Alliance people all contribute their technical, arcane, and spiritual wisdom toward the goal of a peaceful and just world. Take up their banner to represent the high ideals of the Alliance throughout Azeroth and beyond. For the Allliance!

There is no way DKs should be allowed into the Alliance. Needing to inflict agony upon another creature breaks all their high ideals. But it's a contrived "special case" for the sake of gameplay.

warlocks actually don't usually practise their magic in public, they certainly wouldn't run around with a voidwalker following them in plain sight at day in the streets of stormwind. but they still are part of the alliance, there are still quite a few humans (and of course gnomes, etc) who are drawn to these demonic powers. they just tend to practise them out of sight of the public and/or guards (there's a tavern in the mage district of sw that fronts for a sort-of-secret circle of warlocks).
    They don't practice in private. They practice their necromancy on the front lines, often in plain view of important Alliance characters. Same with DKs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-06 at 11:10 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense lore-wise, but not gameplay-wise. Not wise. (heheheh)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.