The topic of racials has been discussed over the years to a great extent and after some research I have compiled the main advantages and disadvantages of the removal of this core part of the game into one thread:
- Creation of an even playing field in terms of PvE and PvP
- Makes race choice purely cosmetic
- Wider race representation - positive effect on RP
- Race choice (GC apparently stated this on the official forums) may become uninteresting
- Could also have a negative impact on RP (removal of race defining abilities) i.e. Removal of stoneform takes part of the dwarves potential stone-skin origins away
- Removal of a long term, core, part of the game - may annoy some old timers or new players alike
My overall thoughts are that racials should be revamped to be purely cosmetic. This way race uniqueness is retained whilst ridding some of the current in-game (potentially unfair) advantages i.e. Humans EMFH in PvP.
Then again, Blizzard makes far too much cash from race changes based upon the players desire to min-max either their performance in PvE or PvP. Why would they ever remove or change the current racial situation?
What would you like to see done with racials? Would you completely revamp the system or leave them be?