Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Racials is something that people need to learn to accept.
    When you look into the fact that racials do make a significant impact on in-game balance, I don't believe you can legitimately look upon the argument in such a manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Honestly I think making more racials like Bouncy, and the Goblin Banking one, all racials that don't directly effect PvE or PvP in a performance manner. So for example Worgen get a Mount that is fine, and Two forms is amazing, and the skinning speed that is fine but everything else would go away. Dwarves could keep stone form as a passive, maybe have it a cosmetic proc when you crit or parry/block? there's so many cool things they could to with them cosmetically. Voodoo shuffle, make it so when the Trolls dodge/parry they do a cool shuffling animation and phase out a bit. Will of the forsaken could be similar the the stone form but have their human essence over them like a spirit after they get feared or sleep or at low HP almost like it is leaving their body.
    Not exactly this but something along these lines would be amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I say remove any PvE/PvP benefits and make them like Boosts Enchanting by 15 or something. Not very useful, but it sucks that people are forced to play certain races because of how superior they are in situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or to balance PvP just make racials unusable in arenas/rated bgs

Deleted
    Or to balance PvP just make racials unusable in arenas/rated bgs
    That is a good idea for PvP imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love by bouncyness and food addiction to much to lose it Removing race racials would be things very stale (especially when you have like 2 of each race like me -.-)

Deleted
    Removing race racials would be things very stale (especially when you have like 2 of each race like me -.-)
    Even if Blizzard removed the non-passive racials there would be a significant improvement to race balance - not a complete balance mind you.

Deleted
    Another solution is just to remove the racials from where they actually make us choose our race because of it.

PvP: Racials disabled in ranked matches, arena, war games, RBG, etc.
    PvE: Disable racials in raids, challenge modes.

The racials can still exist, but just for levelling or fooling around. I'd love to pick a race for the looks/lore, rather than the extra's it'd give me :\

Deleted
    I'd love to pick a race for the looks/lore, rather than the extra's it'd give me.
    This is exactly how I would like it to be!

Keep racials as they are in my opinion. They work perfectly fine and people really need to get over their OCD about them.

Yes, and while we're at it let's remove classes too. You know, cause balance trumps fun.

If they were to remove racials or make them purely cosmetic, I'd perma-unsub.

Deleted
    They work perfectly fine and people really need to get over their OCD about them.
    I don't think there is a case of OCD over them in most peoples opinons. They don't work perfectly fine at all.

Wow, it's always remove this, remove that. How about just removing the whole game or reducing it to Pong.

Deleted
    Hell no, but Ghostcrawler himself has admitted that they need to overhaul most of them, and I agree with him.

yeah sure, and while we are at it lets continue to homoginize until professions add no bonus, and anything else that differentiates one player from another is removed.

I cannot wait because of how fun it will be when I log on one day and my TOON, because he will no longer be a human paladin as all things making him different from a holy cow other than cosmetics will have been removed.

Part of the enjoyment of the game is in taking the benefits and detractors from each different class, and race and putting a team together that can complete content. Remove that and we might as well just play hello kitty island.

besides, if racials are removed then what new way will Blizzard have to think of in order to favor the horde?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

They should at least be identical across factions. Racial pairs could be something like:

• Blood Elf / Night Elf
    • Troll / Dwarf
    • Orc / Dranei
    • Tauren / Human
    • Goblin / Gnome
    • Undead / Worgen

Right now the racials are severely imbalanced. I remember hitting 85 in Cataclysm with my Orc warrior and being shocked to discover that they were putting out 5k more DPS on average than alliance-side warriors in T11. That's just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly like to see racials just becoming nothing more than cosmetic, or fun things. I know if I wasn't worried about min/maxing, Zerra would probably go back to being a Tauren in a heart beat. As it stands now though, that berserking and beastslaying racial is too good to just pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I cannot wait because of how fun it will be when I log on one day and my TOON, because he will no longer be a human paladin as all things making him different from a holy cow other than cosmetics will have been removed.
    So? He doesn't have hooves nor horns, he's not a cow. Holy or not.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-08-06 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make the Racial Abilities "cosmetics", for example:

-Worgen: the ability to change form, and their "mount"
    -Orcs: An ability that makes them look "angrier" (red eyes and a angry face... everyone happy)
    -Draneai: take the healing effect of their active and just leave that as a cosmetic (maybe add it to happens everytime the player do X or Y)

etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    That is a good idea for PvP imo.
    True, but what about PVE?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    When you look into the fact that racials do make a significant impact on in-game balance, I don't believe you can legitimately look upon the argument in such a manner.

- - - Updated - - -

loop
    Not exactly this but something along these lines would be amazing!
    racial balance? spit in ocean.
    class balance is the real problem. blizzard seems to not care at all. why wait for major patch 3months, when they could easy hotfix 1-3 percent each week and see what happens. too lazy to do this.
    ptr number balancing sooner or later always have failed - why wait 3 months each time? dumb.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take the SWTOR approach, in my opinion. Give every race a CC break like EMFH but with a racially fitting name.

*These are just examples I came up with off the top of my head*

Human - Every Man for Himself
    Dwarf - Soul of the Mountain
    Gnome - Wily Gadgeteer
    Night Elf - Nature's Cunning
    Draenei - Spark of the Naaru
    Worgen - Greymane's Howl

Orc - Bloodcraze
    Troll - Mojo Risin'
    Tauren - Strength of the Mesa
    Undead - Will of the Forsaken
    Blood Elf - Never Ending Thirst
    Goblin - Underhanded Tricks

Pandaren - Unbinding Brew

Strip every race of any racials that give an in-game benefit, and give everyone at least one unique flavor ability or turn an already existing ability into a flavor ability.

Examples

Dwarf
    Stoneform no longer grants damage reduction and no longer cleanses poisons and bleeds.
    Crack Shot, Mace Specialization, Explorer, and Frost Resistance removed.
    New Ability: Drinks All Around - 1hr cooldown - The dwarf sets down a keg that lasts for five minutes. Right clicking the keg gives the character a flagon that lasts for fifteen minutes. This is a weak alcoholic beverage.

Night Elf
    Wisp Form no longer grants a speed bonus.
    Quickness, Elusiveness, and Nature Resistance removed.
    Shadowmeld now has a unique animation to depict the night elf sneakily going into stealth mode and tip-toeing around. This ability is NOT stealth and does NOT hide character in any way, just makes the model darker / grey with a shadow effect. Lasts for one minute or until combat and has a thirty minute cooldown.

Tauren
    Endurance, Nature Resistance, Cultivation, and War Stomp removed.
    New Ability: Ancestral Traditions - fifteen minute cooldown - The tauren reaches for a long, wooden pipe and proceeds to blow smoke rings through the air. Lasts for thirty seconds.
    New Ability: Strength of the Earth Mother - 1hr cooldown - The tauren stomps with all of their might causing earth spikes to shoot up from the ground around them. Spikes deal no damage add last for three seconds. (Visual uses the War Stomp animation and the spikes are similar to the newer earth elemental spikes from Cata)

These ideas aren't gold, but I'm sure people who are more creative than myself (the game designers) can come up with some really neat ones.