Deleted

[PTR] T16 5 Set stats, mastery???

There's mastery on every 5 pieces of the priest T16 healing set, is this going to change?

Why it should? Mastery is the best stat for both specs sort of, for holy because it makes EoL even stronger and for disc because it make shields even stronger. You can always reforge if you don't like it or get offpieces which there are plenty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like it to change because I think it's boring and is going to be tough on Disc. But... :-\
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I would like it to change because I think it's boring and is going to be tough on Disc. But... :-\
    People would complain about it no matter how Blizzard itemized them.

"What, no Spirit on chest pieces!"

"Haste, wtf is this haste?"

"Too much Crit, more Mastery plox!"

Me? I just roll with the punches.

Thank god for Reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    People would complain about it no matter how Blizzard itemized them.

"What, no Spirit on chest pieces!"

"Haste, wtf is this haste?"

"Too much Crit, more Mastery plox!"

Me? I just roll with the punches.

Thank god for Reforging.
    While I know it's silly, I'm going to feel weird gemming Haste again.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Here's hoping I could get 50% Echo of Light until next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Why it should? Mastery is the best stat for both specs sort of, for holy because it makes EoL even stronger and for disc because it make shields even stronger. You can always reforge if you don't like it or get offpieces which there are plenty.
    Mastery is most certainly not Disc's best stat.

Its all mastery because of the disc 2pc that gives us 10% crit like 80% of the time. And it may not be our "best" stat, but discs best stat has always come down to playstyle, so I'll probably just leave the mastery there and gem crit. Problem solved.

I think Mastery is a reasonable compromise, discs can reforge into crit and holy into haste, otherwise one spec would always been screwed or they had to do two different healing sets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    Its all mastery because of the disc 2pc that gives us 10% crit like 80% of the time. And it may not be our "best" stat, but discs best stat has always come down to playstyle, so I'll probably just leave the mastery there and gem crit. Problem solved.
    Lol your sig is brilliant :P

Finally no need to reforge or cry about my gear lacking spirit so I finally can choose which 5th item not to wear. (That spiritless chestpiece we kept getting was ridiculous). Yay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityPM View Post
    Mastery is most certainly not Disc's best stat.
    Actually, Mastery can be depending on the playstyle, I for one go both mastery/crit, I leave all mastery untouched, and gem into spirit/crit. And the difference is i don't play full on atonement like full crit is meant to, i aim for more higher divine aegis than atonement/PW:Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Personally, for holy, I'd rather have haste, and for disc, I'd rather have crit. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Lol your sig is brilliant :P

Why thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Actually, Mastery can be depending on the playstyle, I for one go both mastery/crit, I leave all mastery untouched, and gem into spirit/crit. And the difference is i don't play full on atonement like full crit is meant to, i aim for more higher divine aegis than atonement/PW:Shield
    Full crit isn't meant for solely for Atonement spam. The purpose of full crit is free absorbs and minimal overhealing.

Quote Originally Posted by CharityDKT View Post
    Full crit isn't meant for solely for Atonement spam. The purpose of full crit is free absorbs and minimal overhealing.
    Although it can be argued that Crit is best stat for Atonement, regardless. With minimal Haste, I'm close to 1-sec cast on Smite during Bloodlust. Smite is just a quick cast spell.

The benefit of crit vs. Haste on Holy Fire/Solace is stranger; it's instant cast...so how much crit out-weighs the GCD reduction?

And Penance would need a mighty butt-load of haste to get to 1-sec channel time.

The benefit to pure Atonement spam is the added DPS, which Mastery adds none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Personally, for holy, I'd rather have haste, and for disc, I'd rather have crit. But that's just me.
    Exactly.

Haste is good for Disc in certain amounts but not stacked as much as Holy. Crit doesn't do anything that meaningful for Holy to the point of wanting to stack it. Mastery however is something both specs will be fairly stacked with...