View Poll Results: Should LFD ever been implemented?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    417 72.27%
  • No

    160 27.73%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I am glad they did implement it.
    It saves a lot of time finding a group and while in queue you can do lots of other stuff.
    Pretty much this, anything that saves time with the amount of things to do in MoP is fine by me

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Social interaction isn't real if it's only forced upon you by a game.
    Maybe next time you should try talking to people instead of being silent for 20 minutes followed by complaints that "everyone else was silent all the time!".
    The game didn't lost its social skills, you did.

    Difficulty is in challenge mode, that's the one you should try out. Hence the word: 'challenge'.
    I have already obtained gold in all of the challenge modes... I'm happy about Challenge Modes, I truly am, but that's really not the issue here.

    Forced interaction is to a degree required, or else it won't happen at all. Nobody is going to try to get a know a person they will spend 10-15 minutes with and no longer meet again, to then start over with a new person in the next run. If however you will meet again, be it out in the world, in the city, in the battleground, or in another dungeon, you are much more likely to be inclined to actually talk to the person.

    If it's truly me and not the game, this wouldn't be brought up as much as it is. The groups wouldn't be as quiet as they are, with the exception of trolling and flaming.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Granted it's no fun to wait for hours to find a group, even though that was pretty damn rare, I recall easily getting groups in 5-10 minutes... I still don't feel that the end result of the dungeons were worth it just for having a short queue. In the end you're still sitting around SW/Orgrimmar, only that the queue is looking for you. In exchange the difficulty is pretty much removed and all senses of social interaction is gone.

    If all you want is to enter the dungeon, smash through it and then leave, wouldn't it have been better to have a solo option so you could do it at your own pace whenever the hell you felt like it?
    Why would you want to get in smash and get out its beyond me really. Why would you want that? So you can do it again and again and again faster and faster till the end, so you can start doing the exact same thing at max level?

    Lfd killed it for me. I NEVER EVER waited 1 hour, that because I am a polite, sociable, skilled enough to use cc and not grab aggro kind of person. And my friends list was filled up with people like me that enjoyed taking the trip rather than reaching the destination.
    I know there were people waiting 1 hour for a group. But they deserved that. I always ignored "LFM RK" or the likes on trade. And rightly so. It's a social game. Be social, be polite.

    Not saying lfd isn't handy. LFD is EXTREMELY handy. Too much. Everyone likes efficiency. Me, you, everyone. We enjoy hearing the "ding". It's what people focus on. The mistake from blizzard was to create a system that wasn't balanced between "efficiency" and "fun". And for many many people (the fall in subs could be a proof of this), the current system that stepped in since the end of wrath, just isn't fun enough.

    A developer has to create a system that's fun and efficient in a balanced way. I believe the perfect balance was reached in tbc's heroics system. One shotted if you grabbed aggro, causing wipes if you fucked up cc's, yet efficient enough to allow players that cared to run them all the time without being a hassle.




    My opinion anyway.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The LFG channel was worldwide? You didn't have to stay in the city? Only when they removed the channel it became the ridiculous city camp because we had to use /trade now. Before with the LookingForGroup-channel, it was fine, the way it's still done on private servers (with a realmwide worldchannel) and it works perfectly. Or am I going senile and I'm making things up here? :P
    I believe there was, but I didn't know at the time or it was already gone by the time I actively searched for dungeons.

    The queues, but more the combination of queues AND crossrealm (aka grouping with unknown you will never ever meet again) killed a big social aspect of this game.
    It might have done so for a while, but now you can add friends crossrealm and group up, so there's no reason to never meet again. It's also perfectly viable to be nice and social to stranger you'd never meet again, but apparently people forgot that.

    Half of the game these days is looking at menus standing afk in the city minimized until you hear a dungeon ready-sound woohoo.
    No, the thing is, you can do whatever you like to do WHILE waiting for your queue. You choose to sit in town waiting, but you could be out doing dailies, killing rares, pet battling, PvP or whatever else you can do in this game. You can even queue for multiple things and the other queues will wait for you. I usually queue for raid, dungeon and then scenario. Scenario pops almost instantly, when it's done my dungeon is ready and when that is done my raid is waiting. No sitting around in town

    Seems to me that everyone who hates LFD and complains about losing the social aspect, needs the game to force them to be social, because there is no reason not to be social now, except the unwillingness to be so. You can still find groups on your own, add people to your friendslist for future groups (even crossrealm) and you can still talk in groups. Guess when the game doesn't force it upon you, your simply not social.

  5. #185
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,692
    I believe LFD should have been implemented, however it could have been implemented in a better way than it was. I mean it does give a free teleport to the location, instead of taking use of the Summoning Stones, which should have been placed inside the dungeon instead.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, the thing is, you can do whatever you like to do WHILE waiting for your queue. You choose to sit in town waiting, but you could be out doing dailies, killing rares, pet battling, PvP or whatever else you can do in this game.
    The two first of those are absolutely pointless and not something most people enjoy. The later two are things for which you've to stare at a menu with a queue-timer too.

    'Whatever else', kinda points out that you already know there isn't fuck else to do. Just ask some random twitch.tv streamers if they'd like to play WoW when they're asking what game to play today... They won't, because the usual answer will be: "WoW? There is nothing to do in WoW? What would I play if I streamed WoW?"

    For all the little side-things and extra things Blizzard tried to add to the game to give people things to do ... they really failed at actually adding fun things to do to the game.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The LFG channel was worldwide? You didn't have to stay in the city? Only when they removed the channel it became the ridiculous city camp because we had to use /trade now. Before with the LookingForGroup-channel, it was fine, the way it's still done on private servers (with a realmwide worldchannel) and it works perfectly. Or am I going senile and I'm making things up here? :P

    The queues, but more the combination of queues AND crossrealm (aka grouping with unknown you will never ever meet again) killed a big social aspect of this game. Half of the game these days is looking at menus standing afk in the city minimized until you hear a dungeon ready-sound woohoo.
    Also, can't really queue for these epic in-world group quest chains, so instead of letting people have the option to find groups and go on an epic journey through the world....they just removed all elite questhubs. gg.
    Yes I still have to find a valid reason as to why they removed the lfg channel actually.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I know there were people waiting 1 hour for a group. But they deserved that. I always ignored "LFM RK" or the likes on trade. And rightly so. It's a social game. Be social, be polite.
    So people who aren't very good at making friends or sucking up to people, are just screwed? I'm polite, friendly and skilled, but not very apt at making friends and I'm really bad at being a hypocrite (being friendly just so you can get them for your next group, while IRL you wouldn't even want to meet such a person), so I didn't have a very extensive friendslist. Add to that that endgame guilds would only group with each other and shun new people and grouping became very difficult.

    And then you try to find people in trade, but that's not social enough for you? How else are you supposed to find people exactly? Whispering random people isn't well received either, is it?

    Your ability to make friends should not interfere with playing a game (and there is a difference between 'being able to make friends' and 'being social/friendly' as I am the latter but suck at the first). If you are skilled and not a total douchebag, you should be able to group up for certain content. That was completely impossible before LFD.

  9. #189
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,803
    LFD has just been wonderful. I still remember how much time it took to find a group for Uldaman back in the day. Or a group willing to clear Blackrock, quests and all. The worst memory I have is spending an entire afternoon looking for a tank for Mana Tombs, because my friend wasn't online that day, and nobody wanted to run Mana Tombs, but I still needed an item from there.

    I also remember whispering to people who were looking for a dps and being declined because I was a warlock and they wanted a mage because they wanted decent CC. And warlocks were just the stupid guys who randomly feared everything and added additional trash (pah, and that when I had perfected the Curse-of-Recklessness-Curse-of-Weakness ping-pong on a feared mob, making it run back to me whenever it seemed it would run somewhere dangerous - and then send it away again before it could hit me).

    You could spend a lot of time looking for groups and people to finish your own group and not find anybody.

    And then it would take you a good 30 minutes to reach the likes of Maraudon or Caverns of Time, a timeframe during which it often happened that someone said "Sry guys, gotta go" and you'd be stuck looking for a replacement again.

    How can you people find it an enjoyable thought to imagine that WoW could revert to such a user-unfriendly, unfun, time-stealing activity? "So, what did you do last night on WoW?" "Oh, I was trying to build a group for Caverns of Evil Bad Monsters Part 1. Almost got the group complete, but then the healer had to go to bed after 2 hours of us looking for a tank."

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    'Whatever else', kinda points out that you already know there isn't fuck else to do.
    No, it points to the fact that it's too much to type and I don't know what other people like/do. My 'whatever else' consists of:
    - Brawlers
    - Killing rares
    - Finding and taming certain pets
    - Collecting all wild battle pets
    - Doing a few dailies for stuff I am interested in (fishing, cooking, durotar weekly)
    - Pet battling
    - Farming at the dino Isle
    - Playing the AH
    - Running old raids for fun and transmog gear
    - Achievement hunting

    Happy? It beats sitting in town for 2 hours trying to get a group together.

    edit: Oh, and I level a lot of alts, so they just quest while waiting for a dungeon. I did quests on my main too, to get loremaster, but that's done already. Ah yes, and added Achievement hunting.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So people who aren't very good at making friends or sucking up to people, are just screwed?
    No, but just because you're not very good at making friends doesn't mean that there cannot be any content for those that are. There should be different content suited for all play styles, not the same content for everyone. Some people prefer soloing or pick up groups, there should be some content for them. Some people like making friends, building fried lists, guilds and teams, and there should be some content suited for that. The problems start when you try to use the same content for all different play styles, which just doesn't work.

  12. #192
    Spending 3hours completing a single dungeon cuz u had to walk to it, then the tank left and had to find a new then the dps left and u had to find a new one and suddenly u spent 5hours or just gave up... Do you REALLY MISS IT?!
    Do u wish u lived in the 1500's? Die at 30years cuz of a cold?
    Evolution is king!

    " A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    No, it points to the fact that it's too much to type and I don't know what other people like/do. My 'whatever else' consists of:
    - Brawlers
    - Killing rares
    - Finding and taming certain pets
    - Collecting all wild battle pets
    - Doing a few dailies for stuff I am interested in (fishing, cooking, durotar weekly)
    - Pet battling
    - Farming at the dino Isle
    - Playing the AH
    - Running old raids for fun and transmog gear
    Every gamer worth it's salt, probably almost every person on this forum, will tell you that most of the things you just mentioned aren't fun or interesting gameplay. Try naming a few things that actually result in character progression you can do while waiting for your queue... because honestly, if it doesn't provide character progression you might as well start playing Tetris on your cellphone instead while you wait.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So people who aren't very good at making friends or sucking up to people, are just screwed? I'm polite, friendly and skilled, but not very apt at making friends and I'm really bad at being a hypocrite (being friendly just so you can get them for your next group, while IRL you wouldn't even want to meet such a person), so I didn't have a very extensive friendslist. Add to that that endgame guilds would only group with each other and shun new people and grouping became very difficult.

    And then you try to find people in trade, but that's not social enough for you? How else are you supposed to find people exactly? Whispering random people isn't well received either, is it?

    Your ability to make friends should not interfere with playing a game (and there is a difference between 'being able to make friends' and 'being social/friendly' as I am the latter but suck at the first). If you are skilled and not a total douchebag, you should be able to group up for certain content. That was completely impossible before LFD.
    You're taking it too far. A simple "would anyone be interested in running slave pens heroic with us? We need one tank and one healer" got me sorted most of the time.

    Regarding your friends list, that's your problem, and yours only. And yes, the game I play shouldn't be reduced to absolute boredom because you're not good at saying "hey all" and "bye". It's not about "making friends" it's about being polite. And I'm sorry you didn't live that wonderful experience that is finding a bunch of people you like and level with them and talk to them and creating a web of people you "know" that are reliable and friendly.
    Your loss really and I shouldn't be paying for it. Learn how to be friendly. It actually helps in real life too so there you go.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Because honestly, if it doesn't provide character progression you might as well start playing Tetris on your cellphone instead while you wait.
    Really? You only find char progress fun and nothing else? Yeah, then there's little to do, obviously, but I do think most of the 7 million people playing, have fun actually playing the game, instead of just getting loot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Regarding your friends list, that's your problem, and yours only. And yes, the game I play shouldn't be reduced to absolute boredom because you're not good at saying "hey all" and "bye". It's not about "making friends" it's about being polite. And I'm sorry you didn't live that wonderful experience that is finding a bunch of people you like and level with them and talk to them and creating a web of people you "know" that are reliable and friendly. Your loss really and I shouldn't be paying for it. Learn how to be friendly. It actually helps in real life too so there you go.
    Did you even read more then the first line of my post? I said I'm friendly, polite and skilled, but not apt at making friends. Those things are different, really, very different. Why should I be excluded from part of a game that I can certainly perform well in, being friendly, polite and skilled, just because I had no friends? These days I can get a group and do the content I like and even made new friends in the process. You can still exclude people from your groups, so no loss for you, and I can get groups without friends, so win for me. I don't see the problem.

  16. #196

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Really? You only find char progress fun and nothing else? Yeah, then there's little to do, obviously, but I do think most of the 7 million people playing, have fun actually playing the game, instead of just getting loot.


    Did you even read more then the first line of my post? I said I'm friendly, polite and skilled, but not apt at making friends. Those things are different, really, very different. Why should I be excluded from part of a game that I can certainly perform well in, being friendly, polite and skilled, just because I had no friends? These days I can get a group and do the content I like and even made new friends in the process. You can still exclude people from your groups, so no loss for you, and I can get groups without friends, so win for me. I don't see the problem.
    Sorry man but I don't actually get what you're saying. You're friendly, polite and skilled and yet you couldn't just add people on the list after a successful dungeon because.... ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    No, but just because you're not very good at making friends doesn't mean that there cannot be any content for those that are. There should be different content suited for all play styles, not the same content for everyone. Some people prefer soloing or pick up groups, there should be some content for them. Some people like making friends, building fried lists, guilds and teams, and there should be some content suited for that. The problems start when you try to use the same content for all different play styles, which just doesn't work.
    I disagree with this. I agree there should be content for solo players, but for anything raid related we are forced into groups for points. Making friends is all well and good, but what if youre the 6th in a group of friends? What if I dont want to be penalised for not being able to drag my friends into a group or not wanting to? LFD saves me from all the pissing about i had to do to get a group in BC, and as a moonkin, I NEVER got a group. I think you'll find the problems start when you try to suit content for people who actually like pissing around spamming LFG. The rest of us, as the poll shows, are totally fine not wasting our time doing that.

    The LFD system is a godsend. Oh, someone left in the middle of the group because their raid is starting? Thats fine, the system will fill the gap. Previously we'd have to hearthstone home, look for another and then fly back and summon them. Sickener if you lost a tank.

    Hassle =/= difficulty. LFD was a massive quality of life improvement, and nothing more. I boggles the mind how some people dislike it. It automated a sometimes frustrating and dull part of the game. Sorry we dont all have overflowing friends lists with people willing to suck our dick and/or group with us, or play on full servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.
    This is your stop, time to get off the bandwagon.

  18. #198
    LFD is a tool that the game needs, even if it harms the social interaction it used to have. But, as much as the LFD is needed, there also needs to be a higher difficulty of the same content with a better reward without a LFD tool. Challenge modes could have been that content, but without gear it can't work, even if is a very fun game option.

  19. #199
    I don't like LFR, for a number of reasons. LFD is quite great, although if they only provided LFD for < 90 and then went back to non-LFD for 90 (updated for each new level cap ofc), perhaps only nonLFD during peak hours, I'd be ok with that as well. But overall LFD is ok, and a huge benefit on low levels in particular.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    My god I wish these pointless threads would stop. No matter how many times you ask - LFD and LFR have high participation and people like it. If you don't, move on.
    This could have been a good thread. Unfortunately some people derailed it with the usual soapboxing.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •