View Poll Results: Should LFD ever been implemented?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    417 72.27%
  • No

    160 27.73%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    LFD is awesome, if you dont like it go make your own pugs? I dont see the problem here.

    Removing it would just be a big step backwards in convenience and piss more people off.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

    -Bob Marley

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Every gamer worth it's salt, probably almost every person on this forum, will tell you that most of the things you just mentioned aren't fun or interesting gameplay. Try naming a few things that actually result in character progression you can do while waiting for your queue... because honestly, if it doesn't provide character progression you might as well start playing Tetris on your cellphone instead while you wait.
    Ah please just stop that. I know people who enjoys doing all those stuffs. So they are not gamer's worth its salts to you? These people lead raids back in the 40 man days.

    So stop with the insults. You don't want to do them? Find them boring? Find. Just don't insults people that do. It does not make you cooler, or a better gamer. As if that is something important.

    Some people actually play this game to have fun. But seems others like to dictate to other what "fun" is according to their own style.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yours is a completely delusional, onesided and fundamentally wrong point of view that isn't really going anywhere.

    Yes getting a group and going there was part of the journey. Only lazies spammed chat and thank god they were rightfully ignored by most of the people.

    Again, getting a group together (10-15 mins max at 10 pm in tbc) wasn't much of an issue for normal, polite people. Social awkwardness shouldn't be rewarded you know?

    You never had to socialise in wow? Ah I see you must have been one of them. The ones that didn't say a single thing apart from "Rez pls" and were rightfully kicked and ignored. Yes for people like you lfd is a great success of course.
    For normal people that cared about their character instead, having a good reputation server wise was as important as having good gear. It got you groups faster, a better chance to get into guilds and raids if you wanted to, and generally it made you feel good. Same reason why if in real life someone tells you "hi" you reply "hi". Same feeling.
    Again, social awkwardness shouldn't be rewarded, it's no your fault you're born that way but it definitely isn't mine.

    Edit: and yes I knew exactly who was reliable and who wasn't server wise. I know it might sound strange to you but people cared about the social aspect of wow when there was one.
    Maybe that's why people avoided you?

    No it isn't. It is just different to yours and your experience. Guess what. People are different. Some people do not say much. That is just them.

    Just like kids in schools. Some are very social and very popular. Some are more introvert. There is nothing with them. Just different.

    And yes, I spammed chat for groups before. And it took upto an hour to find a group. And sometime dropped because one of their friends happen to come online.

    So tell me great one, as a complete new player, how do you make groups before knowing anyone, before having a rich friend lists of tanks, healers and dps?

  3. #283
    I would probably stop playing this game if they took away LFD. It was quite possibly the best thing ever implemented in this game. Anyone that wants to go back to the previous model is a fool with rose tinted glasses. You know how people drop group in LFD after they beat the boss that drops loot for them? Second boss in slabs was the bane of my existence I shit you not more tanks have dropped group after that boss than any other combined if that trinket did not drop. Then guess what it was back to spamming /2 for a tank but guess what? None want to join because that boss is already dead!

    Also good luck trying to find tanks mid to late expansion after they gear up there was no reason to run any heroic thus HUGE tank shortage. If you were trying to gear up a alt or get the kara key it was the most frustrating aspect of the game. Not to mention if you needed gear out of dungeon that DIDN'T have tank gear you were essentially screwed (mana tombs, Bot, sethic halls)

    Just thinking about the old model makes me mad.

  4. #284
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,135
    LFD yes LFR no.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  5. #285
    oh god yes... I just went on a private server that had no LFD and it was a nightmare

    No LFD=World of Grindquests
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  6. #286
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yours is a completely delusional, onesided and fundamentally wrong point of view that isn't really going anywhere.
    Except the person you quoted was quite right.
    This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.
    More corporate lies and bullshit PR in the gaming industry.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    No. It wasn't part of the journey. I didn't feel like some sort of adventurer going starting an epic quest when I was trying to get people for a group.
    Yeah, because teleporting a dungeon with 4 randoms to button smash in silence (possibly interrupted by obscenities) for 15 minutes makes you feel like an adventurer? I can remember many great 5-man runs from vanilla and TBC. They were the great experiences that I was paying for (although of course there were bad experiences back then too). Since LFD I don't remember a single enjoyable 5-man, it was all an utter waste of time.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Ah please just stop that. I know people who enjoys doing all those stuffs. So they are not gamer's worth its salts to you? These people lead raids back in the 40 man days.

    So stop with the insults. You don't want to do them? Find them boring? Find. Just don't insults people that do. It does not make you cooler, or a better gamer. As if that is something important.

    Some people actually play this game to have fun. But seems others like to dictate to other what "fun" is according to their own style.

    - - - Updated - - -




    No it isn't. It is just different to yours and your experience. Guess what. People are different. Some people do not say much. That is just them.

    Just like kids in schools. Some are very social and very popular. Some are more introvert. There is nothing with them. Just different.

    And yes, I spammed chat for groups before. And it took upto an hour to find a group. And sometime dropped because one of their friends happen to come online.

    So tell me great one, as a complete new player, how do you make groups before knowing anyone, before having a rich friend lists of tanks, healers and dps?
    It was done before, didn't kill anyone and created a good few long lasting friendships.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Except the person you quoted was quite right.
    Absolutely not he wasn't. His experience. I and the people around me had completely different experiences.

  9. #289
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Absolutely not he wasn't. His experience. I and the people around me had completely different experiences.
    The fact that I have heard about such experiences proves that it's not all rainbow, sunshine and butterflies like you acted.
    The queue-time WAS a problem, so they implemented LFD.

  10. #290
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The fact that I have heard about such experiences proves that it's not all rainbow, sunshine and butterflies like you acted.
    The queue-time WAS a problem, so they implemented LFD.
    The queue-time was still a problem after they implemented LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  11. #291
    High Overlord Carlosdanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    192
    yes. I take some issue with cross server lfd and wonder if server merges two expansions ago would have been a better solution.

  12. #292
    No, I would not go back in time and stop LFD from being implemented. Who would want to have to be in a city to get a group, and then, travel to the instance and need to get at least 2 players there in order to use the stone to summon the others? It made life easier and also gave a way to bypass the 5 dungeons per hour per account lockout.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The fact that I have heard about such experiences proves that it's not all rainbow, sunshine and butterflies like you acted.
    The queue-time WAS a problem, so they implemented LFD.
    The queue time was as much a problem as "dungeons are too hard".

  14. #294
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The queue-time was still a problem after they implemented LFD.
    See, that's my only problem with the community.
    The complain about queues that take an hour, so we get a fix.
    Following the fix we get queues that take 30 minutes and again they complain.
    Then we get a fix that brings them to 10-15 minutes and guess what..

    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    The queue time was as much a problem as "dungeons are too hard".
    That's why we have both heroic dungeons and challenge dungeons now.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    See, that's my only problem with the community.
    The complain about queues that take an hour, so we get a fix.
    Following the fix we get queues that take 30 minutes and again they complain.
    Then we get a fix that brings them to 10-15 minutes and guess what..


    That's why we have both heroic dungeons and challenge dungeons now.
    Are you saying we improved the "dungeons mechanics" since tbc?
    (I say tbc as for me that's where perfect balance was achieved).

  16. #296
    Nobody's stopping you from making your own groups. The dungeon entrances are still there, knock yourself out. If LFD were really all that bad, then people wouldn't be using it, would they? Everybody would still be doing it the "old fashioned" way.

    I remember those days, too. Spend twenty or thirty minutes actually getting five people to agree to run something, then sitting outside the entrance for another fifteen minutes waiting for the healer to show up. And no, we didn't sit around and bond during that time, and no one gave any more of a shit about the other players in the group than we do now. It was way better when I joined a decent guild and it was far easier to just /g "Hey, anyone wanna run some heroics?" And guess what? New toons, new server, new guild... we still do that.

  17. #297
    I haven't tried it yet, but remembering how many time I was waiting as warrior dps to enter anywhere, I will surely love it

  18. #298
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Are you saying we improved the "dungeons mechanics" since tbc?
    (I say tbc as for me that's where perfect balance was achieved).
    I like the way the lowered queue-times and I like how you don't need a key or attunement for every dungeon.

    I dislike the way CC isn't needed.
    Doing Karazhan, MgT and other stuff was some of the most fun I had in the game.
    So you can imagine I was quite happy when Cata came out and dungeons were a lot harder again.
    I loved how GC basically told people to "learn to play" and we all know how well that went.

    But do we want to discuss the social aspect/grouping, difficulty or tactics?

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde View Post
    Nobody's stopping you from making your own groups. The dungeon entrances are still there, knock yourself out. If LFD were really all that bad, then people wouldn't be using it, would they? Everybody would still be doing it the "old fashioned" way.

    I remember those days, too. Spend twenty or thirty minutes actually getting five people to agree to run something, then sitting outside the entrance for another fifteen minutes waiting for the healer to show up. And no, we didn't sit around and bond during that time, and no one gave any more of a shit about the other players in the group than we do now. It was way better when I joined a decent guild and it was far easier to just /g "Hey, anyone wanna run some heroics?" And guess what? New toons, new server, new guild... we still do that.
    Yes this is a silly point. It's like asking someone to send letters because he doesn't like emails.
    And again, your personal experience. We all had them and I can clearly say I'd take waiting once in a while 30 minutes over this aberration we have now.
    Sure they might as well put us in a group with npcs.

  20. #300
    Mechagnome Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    503
    Well, what if there was a possible solution? What if they made non-LFD groups get an extra XP Bonus while in the dungeon? It'd get more levelers out into the world on there way to the instance groups and tone the dungeons to the appropriate difficulty. The leveling time would be essentially the same (depending on the server) but, there would be more of an option when leveling up toons on what to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •