View Poll Results: Should LFD ever been implemented?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    417 72.27%
  • No

    160 27.73%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
  1. #381
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You mean argent dawn and defias brotherhood are small servers?
    They must have been small if you knew every ninja by name.

    On a server like Twisting Nether it was impossible to keep track of, you were lucky if you recognized guildmembers by their playername.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Let's see.
    Pros:
    - Lower wait time
    - Other than that, none.
    Cons:
    - Leavers
    - Bad mouthing
    - Lower player skill/experience, looked like everyone who couldnt do dungeons for some reason suddenly started to do it
    - Insurge of non-geared players, who wouldnt be able to get into group before, which you couldnt get rid of.

    For me it's quite clear.
    You mean people who were not elite players were able to experience the content they were paying for!? Say it ain't so! You should definately quit over it, I mean dungeons and heroic dungeons are supposed to the the daughter you lock up in her room because shes still got all her teeth and someone might want to steal her so she can make dem a sammich!

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You mean people who were not elite players were able to experience the content they were paying for!? Say it ain't so! You should definately quit over it, I mean dungeons and heroic dungeons are supposed to the the daughter you lock up in her room because shes still got all her teeth and someone might want to steal her so she can make dem a sammich!
    You don't need to be an elite player in order to handle the previous heroic dungeons, all you needed was an actual desire to complete it, work as a team and to improve upon your own personal skill. If you lack this however, then perhaps you should focus on single player content where you have all the time in the world to complete whatever it is you desire without having to feel the need to live up to someone else's expectations.

  4. #384
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    Except that there isn't any alternative. Again, the illusion of choice. You can choose not to use the Dungeon Finder tool, but then you won't get any Valor Points. You can choose not to do Raid Finder, but with the pugging scene being dead and Normal raids requiring* a raiding guild, LFR is the only way to enter raids and get epics. You claim that there are alternatives to these anti-social features, but really there aren't.

    * = not strictly requiring, but it's nigh impossible without having a spot in a raiding team.
    Am I missing something here? Does WoW not how have multiple ways to get Valor points? You can even do Heroic Scenareos with your friends if you like that sort of thing, and you get likely the most efficient means of valor acquisition there is? Sorry, you're point about illusion of choice to do lfd is invalid if you base it on some false belief that there is no other way to get valor in WoW. Its not even the most efficient way anymore.

    Secondly, you say you are forced to do LFR to get raid gear if you don't have a raid team. I think that's the point. People who don't have a raiding guild want to do the LFR, because otherwise they wouldn't get to raid at all, duh! LOL. If you don't have a raid team, be glad you have something to do, because what else would you do? Become a pet battling champion? lol. If you have a raid team, then the point of "you don't have to do LFR" comes right back - it is ultimately a choice. LFR is there to server exactly the audience and the purpose it was meant to serve, and not having a normal raid team option 'is' as much the main reason as any.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You don't need to be an elite player in order to handle the previous heroic dungeons, all you needed was an actual desire to complete it, work as a team and to improve upon your own personal skill. If you lack this however, then perhaps you should focus on single player content where you have all the time in the world to complete whatever it is you desire without having to feel the need to live up to someone else's expectations.
    Perhaps not, because I happen to like World of Warcraft just the way it is for this. Its players like you who have such problems with the game, not us who like it just fine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Let's see.
    Pros:
    - Lower wait time
    - Other than that, none.
    Cons:
    - Leavers
    - Bad mouthing
    - Lower player skill/experience, looked like everyone who couldnt do dungeons for some reason suddenly started to do it
    - Insurge of non-geared players, who wouldnt be able to get into group before, which you couldnt get rid of.

    For me it's quite clear.
    Hmm,
    Pros:
    - not having to pug

    Cons:
    -having to Pug
    -if you have a beef over any other cons of LFD, see Con number 1

    Pretty clear to me too:

    I hate f' ing pugging, and so do a lot of other players who love WoW in every way otherwise.

    Our preferences are different than yours, if you like pugging, go pug, in fact, get the Pug outta here! lol. Blizzard understands that they have a huge playerbase, and a good number of them hate pugging as much as I do. Not everyone cup of tea. As long as there are a large number of players who hate pugging for various reasons, LFD and LFR will be critical to WoW's survival, and if they had never been implemented, WoW might never be what it is today.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Yeah, because teleporting a dungeon with 4 randoms to button smash in silence (possibly interrupted by obscenities) for 15 minutes makes you feel like an adventurer?
    I didn't say that. My point was simply that finding people to group with wasn't part of the fun of running dungeons.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  6. #386
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Why? because not everyone, regardless of how social they consider themselves as a person as a WoW player, or what they consider social in the first place would prefer to give a squirt of spit to the work and time it takes to pug. For many of us, its the complete opposite of fun. For me, fun is hacking my way through dungeons and LFR's quickly and efficiently, and not having to wory who I have to work with - I'll do my best to work with pretty much anyone that a random generator can stick in my group. I find sitting around pugging and waiting to be no fun, waiting in an insta que while I do other stuff and then hacking my way through rapid fire content - much more fun. Its all a matter of preference.

    Since getting rid of LFD and LFR would ruin the fun for a large portion of the player base, and since keeping them in need not spoil your fun in any way shape or form, which method do you think Blizzard will always chose? That's why so many of us love Blizzard right now, and why you probably are developing a distaste for Blizzard and WoW. Not our problem, sorry!

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You mean argent dawn and defias brotherhood are small servers?
    It goes back to something I wrote earlier. It's not possible to know who all unreliable (or reliable) players are. On big servers, especially, many, perhaps most players are going to not even show up on someone's radar.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  8. #388
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,933
    mop
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    Except that there isn't any alternative. Again, the illusion of choice. You can choose not to use the Dungeon Finder tool, but then you won't get any Valor Points. You can choose not to do Raid Finder, but with the pugging scene being dead and Normal raids requiring* a raiding guild, LFR is the only way to enter raids and get epics. You claim that there are alternatives to these anti-social features, but really there aren't.

    * = not strictly requiring, but it's nigh impossible without having a spot in a raiding team.
    you can do dungeon finder with a fullet pug group, there is no illusion, the choice is clear, I do full guilds runs for valor or if I'm not too fussed I'll run a random

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They must have been small if you knew every ninja by name.

    On a server like Twisting Nether it was impossible to keep track of, you were lucky if you recognized guildmembers by their playername.
    Twisting nether has exactly the same number of player as argent dawn. 140k. And OF COURSE I didn't know the name of every single ninja but I can tell you for sure that if I met a ninja I would remember his name. Did you play before lfg? Cause I mean, what I am saying is not an unbelievable feat of superhuman strength you know? It was pretty much common practice for people that cared about their experience in wow and didn't want to face unnecessary issues.

  10. #390
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    mop
    you can do dungeon finder with a fullet pug group, there is no illusion, the choice is clear, I do full guilds runs for valor or if I'm not too fussed I'll run a random
    Nothing more fun than to waltz through a heroic dungeon with 5 ridiculously overgeared dps within 5 minutes *ele-pewpew!*

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Cons:
    - Leavers
    - Bad mouthing
    - Lower player skill/experience, looked like everyone who couldnt do dungeons for some reason suddenly started to do it
    - Insurge of non-geared players, who wouldnt be able to get into group before, which you couldnt get rid of.
    You have a gripe with leavers? There were leavers back in the day too. And back then, the cost of someone leaving was much higher, as it often resulted in the group
    breaking up or someone having to go back to a major city to find a replacement. LFD is infinitely superior in this one aspect.

    I still don't know how people have all of these bad experiences that they claim they do. I can count maybe a dozen bad dungeon runs since the current LFD was implemented. Yeah, I understand that my experience is just my experience, but if LFD is as bad as people claim it is, I'd think I'd have had a very bad time indeed.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    It goes back to something I wrote earlier. It's not possible to know who all unreliable (or reliable) players are. On big servers, especially, many, perhaps most players are going to not even show up on someone's radar.
    Of course it isn't possible and it's also not needed. What's possible and needed if you cared about having fun in wow, is to remember and know the reliable and unreliable people around you.

  13. #393
    I could see the argument for making LFD by realm so that realm identity was still a thing, but before LFD and still today I have been in a guild that can assemble a 5 man in 5 minutes or less. Of course, I usually tank or heal so I never stood in cities long asking for groups if I was on during off guild hours.

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's true again and another proof of blizzard giving up to gamers requests. Why should leveling be faster? It's not "how fast can you level an alt" that improves replayability, it's "how interesting is the levelin process".

    Linearity, easier content, minimised travelling time... All these improve the efficiency of the game by a ton but they really do hit other aspects.
    Wow's itemisation was fantastic. Heirlooms (but also bags after random lfg) are great but they got rid of that particular aspect of the game. What for? So you can level alts faster? Would it help the game long term? Not sure.
    When it comes to a blanket reduction in a level range then there is a good reason for it, even if the timing it not always right.
    The release of expansions are adding the requirement for additional levelling to reach the cap, a process which without those reductions would get ever longer and each time penalising new players or alts.
    The levelling process is made to be a similar length in total, irrespective of what the level cap becomes.

  15. #395
    Arrival of LFD/LFG/LFR has eliminated a huge number of annoying, irritating and time consuming things in WoW.

    Pretty much the ONLY downsides of LFD/G/R is it's negative effect on the realm's community and the lack of traveling to the dungeon's entrance.

    Those 2 are nasty prices to pay, but i believe that LFD/G/R is truly "for the greater good" of WoW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •