Poll: Favorite show?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] What is your favorite tv comedy cartoon?

Which is your favorite. Sorry i dont have them all up there. Tired cant thinik of more atm.

My favorite is Futurama.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-08-06 at 10:48 PM.

The Simpsons, especially season 1-8. The classic era was simply pure gold.

Futurama and South Park are only slightly below

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I'd say American Dad, it's got the right mix of Family Guys "heh heh heh.... AIDS" rawness, but with a dash of the simpsons ACTUAL storylines and classic joke structure.

If it was ALL time... the the Golden years of the simpson were some of the finest comedy TV ever written, and I don't just mean cartoons.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the wrong number at 3am, I am Darkwing Duck!!

South Park, no doubt.

How is Archer not one of the choices?

Probably Archer at the moment.

Is this of all time? The Simpsons was unbeatable in its heyday, that was quite a long time ago now so many people have forgotten. But it was really good for a really long time and revolutionised modern animated comedy (and comedy in general). Respect. We will forgive you your many many awful seasons (when will it get canned? Seriously?).

Futurama had some excellent episodes but I felt like it didn't maintain that level for very long. And the later stuff was a mess. Shame, it was a good show.

South Park was always an uneven show, even in great seasons they would have terrible episodes next to awesome ones. Sometimes they could have awesome and terrible storylines in the same episode (eg, the excellent Buck Rogers episode with the Nintendo Wii had that tedious filler with Richard Dawkins). But at their best, they were hilarious. Also highly influential.

Does Invader Zim count?

Less well-known animated comedies I like: Harvey Birdman, Dr Katz, Bob's Burgers, Bromwell High.

*EDIT*

Voted Beavis & Butthead, highly underrated show. Go back and re-watch it, it actually gets better as you get older! Also, Daria was an amazing show - though not exactly a comedy. I mean, it was... but it wasn't. King of the Hill is also excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    At the moment I'd say American Dad, it's got the right mix of Family Guys "heh heh heh.... AIDS" rawness, but with a dash of the simpsons ACTUAL storylines and classic joke structure.
    I often feel like the only person on the planet who liked American Dad but hated Family Guy.

Family Guy was like 2 funny jokes per episode (granted some of them were very funny) and a shitload of awful padding. American Dad had fewer really good gags but it had a remotely tolerable structure and was more evenly funny across each episode.

And then they made Cleveland, and I have no idea why that even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gensui View Post
    How is Archer not one of the choices?
    IKR?
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-08-07 at 01:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No Archer? Futurama, either way. Archer should be on the list, however. It's a great show.

It's a toss between South Park, Futurama and The Venture Bros. with Metalocalypse receiving a special commendation.

It's a bit sad I haven't seen a single one of those. Even Futurama, I've heard good things about that one.

I'd say out of that incredibly specific title, that sifts out Avatar:TLA/korra (funny at times, but not really comedy shows) leaving me with My Little Pony: FiM and Dan Vs.

I'm pretty sure you've heard of the others, so here's a clip from Dan Vs. To put it simply, this is a show about revenge.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-08-07 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Venture Bros. with Archer coming in a close second.

But out of those choices i'd have to go with south park.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Phineas and Furb should be on there. It may be oriented at kids a bit more than some of the others, but I think its very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's a bit sad I haven't seen a single one of those. Even Futurama, I've heard good things about that one.

I'd say out of that incredibly specific title, that sifts out Avatar:TLA/korra (funny at times, but not really comedy shows) leaving me with My Little Pony: FiM and Dan Vs.

I'm pretty sure you've heard of the others, so here's a clip from Dan Vs. To put it simply, this is a show about revenge.

You haven't seen any of those shows listed above? Stop wasting time being a brony and watch quality cartoons.

Personally, it's a tie between Futurama and Family Guy, if I include all of their seasons. But if I just think about the shows as they are now, then Bob's Burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    I think Phineas and Furb should be on there. It may be oriented at kids a bit more than some of the others, but I think its very funny!
    No.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays? Archer. The only issue I have with it is that the seasons are so short. hell, season 1 was ten episodes, and the rest are 13.

10+ Year Old Account
    Futurama, followed by South Park, Archer, Simpsons, and Family Guy. The order is sometimes interchangeable.

The others on the list I either haven't watched or didn't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad you had the Cleveland Show on there :-) Even if you did misspell it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Futurama, with King of the Hill at a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    King of the Hill is king of cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently Archer is the only animated series I actually watch. Favorite of all time would be Futurama though. I just adore that series.

Honorable mention to some older series like Home Movies, Dr. Katz, and the little known but brilliant HBO series The Life & Times of Tim.