Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The only negative thing with it.. and the whining elitists who bitch and moan about it because they don't feel like special snowflakes. So really, there isn't anything wrong with it period.
    The "elitists" (I.E., The people that did content you wish you could do when LFR didn't exist) are doing content that befits us. The diatribe of "You're just mad because you aren't special anymore" is just as unfounded as it is obnoxious.

Time has nothing to do with what content you can clear at this point

Deleted
    I like how the fat, no life heroic raiding brigade come in talking shit about how people decide to gear up their chars, I've had a lot of friends go through the heroic raiding scene and the amount of time they dedicated to it is much more than the 2-3 days per week you guys like to try and make it seem.
    Maybe instead of worrying about how your life in a game is being affected by LFR you put down the candy bar and mountain dew, change out of your sweatpants, shower and head into the sunlight for awhile and try some IRL achievements. These IRL achievements can include <losing all that fat you gained caring too much about a video game> <Losing that pesky virginity> <Moving out of mom and dads after age 18> <getting a girlfriend that isnt your spunk sock> Believe it or not, people actually respond better to these things more than how leet you and your 24 vent buddies are at slaying scripted pixels.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-08-07 at 09:19 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I dont think it is meant to help anyone to be better player. Raiding guild are for that.
    Why we need to be better players anyway?
    Who do we need to compete against anyone? Whats the point?
    We can just relax and play with no competitive burden around our neck...
    I think someone understands what a *Game* actually is and what it is for.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, because it would mean I couldn't see raid content at my convenience anymore and Blizzard was catering to a bunch of whiny crybabies who base their self-esteem on not letting others see 'their' content.

But seeing as that will never happen and I'll enjoy their QQ for years to come, it's not something to be concerned about.
    It's funny because it only came into existence because of a bunch of whiny cry babies who were jealous of what other people had and wanted the same things with minimal to no effort. MMOs were historically required much effort, you came to the genre and demanded change when it didn't suit your needs. Then you bitch about the people who want their genre back the way it was.

Anyhow, as someone who only has time for LFR. Please remove that shit.

Would be the best thing they could do for the game. Creates terrible players and kills realms by eliminating nearly all pugs. Content is mind numbing and a joke. I don't really care what anyone says, my $15 per month blah blah get better if you want to see the content. The end.

Sadly they can't remove it, they have conditioned a new generation of scrubs that just won't be able to cut even normal modes (lol). So half of them will quit and Blizzard just can't have that now.
    Last edited by Rtslbd; 2013-08-07 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Who says a game can't be for more than relaxing? Who says a game shouldn't be competitive? A game should ultimately be fun for the player; however they define what is 'fun' is up to them. Some people enjoy relaxing and not having to compete; others live for the buzz/thrill of having an on-edge, competitive gaming experience.

yes and no .)
    yes where will i gear my alts (and test strategy and other things not playing on ptr )
    no i will stop playing my alts
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muradu View Post
    Who says a game can't be for more than relaxing? Who says a game shouldn't be competitive? A game should ultimately be fun for the player; however they define what is 'fun' is up to them. Some people enjoy relaxing and not having to compete; others live for the buzz/thrill of having an on-edge, competitive gaming experience.
    You are right but thats what normal and heroic raiding is for and LFR is for us slackers who enjoy life both real and wow.

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    It's funny because it only came into existence because of a bunch of whiny cry babies who were jealous of what other people had and wanted the same things with minimal to no effort. MMOs were historically required much effort, you came to the genre and demanded change when it didn't suit your needs. Then you bitch about the people who want their genre back the way it was.

Anyhow, as someone who only has time for LFR. Please remove that shit.

If you could try to be more wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Blizzard introduced LFR because they said, point blank, that raids were a waste of money and resources since such a small portion of the playerbase raided. It wasn't because people complained; its because Blizzard wanted to get more people involved with raiding and so that more people could experience their work.

Then again logic has never worked against people with your mentality before, so I don't see it changing anything now. You think you know more than you really do, that you know what's "really" going on but you and your ilk never come across as anything more than whiny, spoiled-rotten little brats who are upset that they have to share the toybox now and don't want people getting "their" toys dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If it went away my sub would never be renewed.
    This is about where I am.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Except the word game is intrinsically linked to competition. Hell the greeks had the same word for both. The MMO genre was always about time investment and dedication and all of that kind of hooplah. Many of us old timers came here because we enjoyed that. We enjoyed that WoW had that but in a much more polished and reasonable degree. Primarily non MMO players changed that. They came to the game because of friends, and found they did not like the genre as it was and wanted it more casual. There are plenty of casual game options, but no, you all wanted WoW changed. And then the people who like how it is now fault others for wanting it they way it WAS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    If you could try to be more wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Blizzard introduced LFR because they said, point blank, that raids were a waste of money and resources since such a small portion of the playerbase raided. It wasn't because people complained; its because Blizzard wanted to get more people involved with raiding and so that more people could experience their work.

Then again logic has never worked against people with your mentality before, so I don't see it changing anything now. You think you know more than you really do, that you know what's "really" going on but you and your ilk never come across as anything more than whiny, spoiled-rotten little brats who are upset that they have to share the toybox now and don't want people getting "their" toys dirty.
    Yeah if you could try debating without resorting to "hurr durr your dumb". Blizzard has also stated that Activision has 0% influence on their decision making, not very likely. As a business Blizzard has stated many things that turn out incorrect. They only say what they want you to hear. People complained constantly about not being able to see raids, are you really going to make the argument that it had 0% influence over blizzard?

And I have no problem sharing my toys, I only take issue when you dismantle it and change it and repaint over it because you didn't like how it looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wouldn't mind it too terribly much since I'm not part of it's target audience, but neither do I want it to go away. I just don't see any benefit I could get if LFR was removed so might as well leave it for the people that do enjoy it... for some reason I'll never understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    If you don't have time to enter a PuG, you don't have time for this game.

Therefore, I'd find a new game or accept that you won't raid. Rather than ruining raids for people that do have time for it.
    How the hell does me going into LFR ruin your raid? Not a single anti-LFR has come up with an answer to this other than "it devalues my epix!!!!!!"
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killilth View Post
    Would it bother you? Yes or no and Why.

Some day's I'd say no it wouldn't. There are moments when I miss the way progression use to be. There are also days when I love it, more so than not. Why? Because my schedule is normally very hectic and changing and as I get older (have kids,work, sports with kids etc) a raiding schedule of any type is almost impossible.

How about you?

(I predict that as much as people dislike LFR more would want it to stay than go away)
    What bothers me are people who continue to make topic after topic about LFR (specifically, topics that whine about it or discuss its removal). There are countless threads about it already: why you decided to make yet another one is beyond me.

The nonstop whining/debate over whether or not LFR should be removed/QQ-in-general is 1000x more annoying and toxic for the game than LFR itself.

LFR is here to stay. Don't like it? Don't queue for it. But have enough maturity (and I know this is a stretch for many people here) to respect the fact that there are more peoples' tastes and preferences at stake than just yours.

Moderators around here are far too tolerant. The vast majority of these thousand and one threads about LFR/Blizz store/Blizzard hates my class and ignores me/etc are in need of locking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This has always been the most ludicrous suggestion from anyone against LFR. Why the hell would anyone want to do something week after week if there not getting anything from it.
    Because you're supposed to earn it?
    Because you're worked or are working for it? The whole point of playing this game for PvE.
    Are you gonna tell me people deserve raid finder epics just because they have the mental capabilities to know they're breathing and alive?
    How about you use that week after week to actually play the game? Doing LFR over and over every week is the saddest thing ever, its like watching a youtube video of the boss kills while you eat some popcorn where you don't progress, just always stuck doing the same brain dead raid.

Goddamn I'm actually starting to feel bad for people that run LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Because you're supposed to earn it?
    Because you're worked or are working for it? The whole point of playing this game for PvE.
    Are you gonna tell me people deserve raid finder epics just because they have the mental capabilities to know they're breathing and alive?
    How about you use that week after week to actually play the game? Doing LFR over and over every week is the saddest thing ever, its like watching a youtube video of the boss kills while you eat some popcorn where you don't progress, just always stuck doing the same brain dead raid.

Goddamn I'm actually starting to feel bad for people that run LFR.
    Jesus, what the hell is this game, a job now? Do I get paid vacations and healthcare?

I'm "earning" lower ilvl epics for doing an easy mode raid. You're earning higher ilvl epics for doing a harder mode raid.

So what exactly is the problem? Are you upset because the text on my gear is still purple? That the models are the same? That somehow me running around in LFR tier deflates your self esteem when you run around in Heroic tier?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A stupid question, blizz will never stop lfr, period...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How the hell does me going into LFR ruin your raid? Not a single anti-LFR has come up with an answer to this other than "it devalues my epix!!!!!!"
    It doesn't ruin our raid, but the fact that it has a separate lockout and is the fastest way to gear makes us who don't want to do it because we find it boring, have to do it to excel in our preferred difficulty, especially on alts. I think LFR is great for people like you who want to see the content, but the reward shouldn't be so great, it should have rewards, just not ones that are that appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    He's also tweeted that LFR isn't going anywhere so threads like this are pretty much an exercise in wasting time and chest-pounding. The reality is that making threads about this more or less speaks to the thought that anti-LFR folks really have nothing else to talk about.
    I think what these kinds of threads show is that LFR is a deep, philosophical threat to certain players. LFR doesn't directly affect them, but the success of LFR directly threatens their world view, that difficulty is what makes a successful game.

In a bass-ackwards way, they have a point. The success of LFR does threaten their philosophy, by showing how flawed and unrealistic it is. And this is another step on the path to game companies catering to people who like easier content, not hardcore minority content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"