Poll: Favorite expansion cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Your favorite WoW expansion cinematic?

Sorry if such a thread exists or not but I couldn't find recently but the question is, what is your favorite WoW expansion cinematic and why? (I'm gonna include vanilla since some might actually like the original game's cinematic). Mine would honestly be WotLK's cinematic due to seeing arthas after playing wc3 and him raising the badass dragon it just really felt awesome for me and how blizz made it was well done. So what's yours? 2nd best for me would actually be cataclysm due to the scenery and destruction of azeroth
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-08-07 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath. Its a work of art, and the best establisment of character for any lore figure.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath > MoP > Cataclysm > Burning Crusade > Vanilla.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Also Wrath of the Lich King for me. The moment you see Arthas on that throne... its also just where The Frozen Throne left off, zooming out while he's sitting there. And then hearing Terenas's voice... you know an epic dialogue was coming. The music was also beautifull and really fitted in.

Deleted
    Wrath > MoP > Vanilla > TBC > Cata imo.

Tough choice, really tough. I'm going to have to go with a 3 way tie with Wrath, Cata, and MoP. The first 2 were nice but all they really did was show off races.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Wrath's cinematic, but I felt like Mists was more exciting. $0.02

I have to say I loved the Mist's cinematic the most. The expression animation the Blizzard cinematics team pulled off were insane. Wrath is a very, very close second. Unfortunately, the MoP cinematic is one of the few things I liked about the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it might be a mid-expansion cinematic like BT or ZA.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I liked the Mist's cinematic, but I just feel like the Cataclysm one had a more epic feeling to it. Probably just because it had a sense of danger in it.

Wrath was the most special to me, as for the list: Wrath > MoP > Cata > BC > Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

TBC and WOTLK here. The original back in the day was awesome. TBC made people want to play Draenei Paladins. It had a lot of power and awesome behind it at the time. WOTLK was just awesome with the narration, the lore, and what we all knew must be done. MoP started off really cool with the fighting between the two factions, but when the line "why do we fight" hits the trailer goes to total crap.

Cata was just terrible in my eyes. Cata cinematic was 50% of just DW breaking free from the ground and the other 50% was the destruction of everything that once made Warcraft cool.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

By cinematics OP means in-game cinematic which you can see on start? As there is more than that. Personally, I liked Black Temple cinematic. However I am not sure you can watch it from inside the game.

Deleted
    Wrath by a long shot, Ive played WC 1, 2, 3 And wow from Beginning of TBC, but no Story in wow have catched me as much as Arthas story

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went with The Burning Crusade, which is kind of funny as it was an expansion I didn't enjoy as much as others.

wrath>bc>vanilla/mop>cata

Vanilla > MoP > TBC > Wrath. These were all good but that would be the general order. Cata, now ignoring the impressive technical aspect of it, was both boring and stupid, setting the exact same sort of cartoony Saturday morning show that the whole lore of that expansion presented us with.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Wrath was amazing.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    WOTLK aggresive how i like it

10+ Year Old Account
    i like all of them but my favorite would be the Cinematic for Mists of Pandaria.