Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I really wish this would happen. But it won't.

@Shelly
    If rogues got a 4th spec then they'd be like druids... who already have 4 specs.

Rogues would more than likely get pigeon holed into ranged similarly like how most shaman you find out there are elemental even though from what I understand enhancement has higher damage. Other people have commented on it already but melee just aren't as good to stack as ranged are. In a 10 man having more than 1-2 melee starts to get detrimental to a raid where instead having 4-5 ranged really isn't a big deal. Melee, rogues in particular right now, are a very strong class to bring to a raid... as long as you just bring 1 or 2. I guarantee that a group consisting of 3 melee and 2 ranged is going to run into a lot more trouble than a group with 3 ranged and 2 melee and a group with 4 melee and 1 ranged is just a horrible thought but 4 ranged 1 melee is a pretty awesome set up.

As far as ranged weapons go sure only one class can use them but that's the same as daggers for rogues.

You could also make the argument that there aren't many physical dps ranged classes and that there are a whole lot of tank specs but if a rogue got a ranged spec sure that'd help with making the specs different but I personally don't think it'd really bring much to the table aside from doing what were doing anyways just doing it from further away.