10+ Year Old Account

Headsets: Which is Better Corsair Vengeance 1500 or SteelSeries Siberia V2

As the title indicates, what do you, the community of MMO-Champion think is better in terms of quality and comfort?

Note: I am not using a Soundcard, just the onboard.
    or any other headsets for that matter under $100, wired preferred.

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

Personally im not a big Corsair fan, but i guess that dates from way back.
    I do am a Steelseries fanboy, tho i think the Corsair headset is better then the Siberia. Mainly because i dont think the Siberia is one of the better headsets, its just fancy..

+ the corsair one has dolby..

I think the Steelseries 9H or 7H (<-- I am using this one) falls more into the same category as the Corsair 1500, but those are more expensive.
    Last edited by psycon; 2013-08-07 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly my thinking, and I really don't care about looks. Just iffy on trying a new brand. ( don't even like their memory)
    I am open to other headsets besides these as well.
    (Please no Razer suggestions)
    Last edited by Blazefury5; 2013-08-07 at 07:48 AM.

The only headset i got experience with (had some crappy cheap ones before) and which i really like, is the Steelseries 7H. ( €104,-)

- awesome sound
    - INTERCHANGEABLE EAR-CUSHIONS (which is awesome for example playing in the winter/summer or when you play on LAN, you can put the leather ones on so you dont hear surrounding noise. Personally im usually using the cloth ones, because need to hear my GF when she starts yapping to me )
    - braided cord, which is also awesome. It never gets strangled)
    - you can pull out the mic and put it back in (handy when using outside or so )
    - did i mentioned the braided cord, which is like a gazillion meters long?
    Last edited by psycon; 2013-08-07 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    Plantronics GameCom 780 $66

Pretty good sound quality price considered and great user feedback.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-08-07 at 08:15 AM.

unless you spend more than $250

you might aswell just go with deltaco hl-56, ~same sound quality as the ones you have in your title, but cheaper

don't know if they're available in your country

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    unless you spend more than $250

you might aswell just go with deltaco hl-56, ~same sound quality as the ones you have in your title, but cheaper

don't know if they're available in your country
    Because we all love burrito's!
    http://www.deltaco.com/

I dont trust products that doesnt show up on the first page on google

Damnit now im craving for a taco..

Deleted
    I believe Deltaco is scandinavian, probably why it isn't on the first page for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I believe Deltaco is scandinavian, probably why it isn't on the first page for you.
    Ya I couldn't find the deltaco brand, and I have seen a lot of posts and reviews saying the Plantronics headset you mentioned was made poorly

If you are open to a purchasing a separate mic and headphones from a reputable audio manufacturer, you will find the quality (both sound and physically) will surpass any headset of equal value at your budget.

There is a steep price to pay for the convenience of a "headset", that additional price never reflects the quality of the components and materials used. If you are willing to pay for that kind of convenience then the best advice I can give you is to avoid anything marketed as "gaming quality headset" like the plague. More importantly, 5.1 and 7.1 headsets are nothing more then highly taxed over-hyped gimmicks and empty promises.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    Ya I couldn't find the deltaco brand, and I have seen a lot of posts and reviews saying the Plantronics headset you mentioned was made poorly
    That's not the impression I got but I haven't looked that much into it, have any links one of these many reviews and post that say they're poorly made?

I usually don't value user comments on sites like Amazon etc. that high but it's got a lot of good feedback out of 800-1000 comments, not bad I'd say. At least has no design flaws (that i know of) compared the the Vengeance 1500.

Gamescon 780 Review

The Plantronics GameCom 780 has the best sound reproduction I’ve heard from a gaming headset to date. Highs are crisp and clear while lows are deep and throaty.
    Headphone+mic will always be better but for the price this is not a bad buy, obviously it won't satisfy everyone but overall I think it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazefury5 View Post
    siberia v2's and corsair 1500's are close in sound quality. V2's have a bit of an edge, but the comfort level is heavily in favor of the V2's for me.