Deleted

A little help to a returning lock

Hey

So i just got back into wow, havnt played since end of cata.
    This means that a lot has changed, and im having a hard time figuring out what i should do

Im pve only, and my goal is to get into raiding again.
    I really dont like dailies, but i will do what is needed to get the most out of raiding
    atm i have 458ilvl, so almost rdy for LFR.

So if u could give me some advice on what i should prioritize.

Are factions like Golden lotus and Klaxxi worth going for, or should i just go for the shadopan assault (or what its called) since they have the best gear?
    Then there are these Charms of good fortune... should i focus on dailies for a specific faction to get those?

And any other advice on how to get rdy for raiding is very welcome!

PS: just red a little about this upcomming Timeless Isle... Seems like its an awsome oppertunity for to get up to speed and to gear up alts But since its still a while away (im guessing), lets just focus on how things are now

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going into depths of this,so googling might help you bit more if needed.
    I personally don't bother with dailies, because I outgear reputation items with ToT LFR drops and raid drops(currently finishing up terrace of the endless spring with my guild)
    Shado pan assault rep items are totally worth tho.
    How I gear up my alts:

Get 90
    Spam hc dungeons for full 471 set of gear and weapons (jp is easy to earn for upgrades[400+ per dungeon])
    Do a quest which rewards 502 boots (starts with "War is coming")
    During this quest chain you will unlock a weekly quest "Battlefield:Barrens" which rewards a 489 item, depending on a drop and your choosing(google more about this)
    Go to Isle of Thunder and kill rares for a key for a solo scenario called "Troves of the Thunder King"
    Finish the solo scenario and get 10-20 Elder charms and possibly an 502ilvl item(youtube contains instructions how to get the most of this scenario)
    Spam LFR and use charms on certain bosses from which you may need specific gear to replace low ilvl parts
    Get 522 neck from Shado pan assault (neutral)
    Kill world bosses

Thats about it really. Once you get to 480 you can do hc scenarios which rewards 516 gear..not sure about drop rate tho(ps: Lie about your gear lvl in chat if you won't get into a group otherwise)

Do a bit googling about everything i just wrote and you'll be 480+ in 2-3 days.
    After that, or even before that find a guild that does tier14 content.
    ???
    Profit
    Last edited by Alyzyr; 2013-08-07 at 10:15 AM.

1. Ignore the old reputation grind and quite honestly ignore the impulse to run HC Dungeons or Normal Scenarios (both of these are a major waste of time).

2. There should be a quest that takes you to the Barrens. There is a goblin engineer with a teleporter near the flight path at the Shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Do all of the quests, about half a dozen or so. This will lead you to a weekly quest that gives a very large chunk of valor and a piece of 489 gear, plus a quest that gives you 502 boots. This will also allow you to get a solid start on your lesser charms of good fortune. Make sure to look at your map to see any of the commanders are up, these can be killed/tagged out of group (you'll still get credit and loot).

3. Get to the Isle of Thunder (you should get a quest if I remember right) the first starting point is in Townlong Steppes. This will start a series of quests and solo scenarios. Do all of these before moving on to anything else. While on the island you will find 'rares' that spawn, you do not need to be in a group to do these. Just tag them if another player is fighting them (you'll still get credit, the first one you kill per week will have extra stuff on them). You will get one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen use this asap to get an very quick 20 Elder Charm of Good Fortune. While on the Isle get a tag on Nalak (this is one of the two 5.3 world bosses) the other is Oondasta (you will have to fly to the Island of Giants, which is North of Kun-Lai Summit).

3. Run the old LFR's. They have increased the chance to get loot through these so it is pretty quick. I would save the bulk of your Elder Charm of Good Fortune for HoF and ToES. You should also try to get a Sha of Anger kill in Kun-Lai Summit and a Galleon in the Valley of the Four Winds. Use a Elder Charm of Good Fortune on both of these world bosses to get another chance at loot.

4. Run the new ToT LFR. Before you do this turn in the quest for three Mogu Runes of Fate (these are the 'new' Elder Charms of Good Fortune) they can only be used on 5.3 bosses. A new player should prioritize the three Mogu Runes of Fate each week. I would burn them on Nalak and Oondasta first, as it is 522 loot.

5. Your first valor purchase should be the necklace from the Shado-Pan Assault vendor in Townlong Steppes. The necklace is 522 and requires zero faction.

Here is a blog entry detailing some of this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9601895/
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Arrogant Bastard; 2013-08-07 at 10:23 AM.

Deleted
    Thx for the answers, just what i needed, short and precise, the details i can google

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss007 View Post
    Thx for the answers, just what i needed, short and precise, the details i can google
    You should also take advantage of the current jp to hp conversion rates (375 JP to 250 HP) and buy the 476 pvp gear. A few dungeon runs will easily give you enough jp to convert and buy a piece or two (prioritise your lower ilvl pieces to change). Pvp gear in mop is different to how it was in cata with their stat budget being worth the ilvl of the piece and could give you the extra ilvls you need to reach 480.

After 5.4 the jp required for 250 HP is being raised to 500 so might not be as worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    You should also take advantage of the current jp to hp conversion rates (375 JP to 250 HP) and buy the 476 pvp gear. A few dungeon runs will easily give you enough jp to convert and buy a piece or two (prioritise your lower ilvl pieces to change). Pvp gear in mop is different to how it was in cata with their stat budget being worth the ilvl of the piece and could give you the extra ilvls you need to reach 480.

After 5.4 the jp required for 250 HP is being raised to 500 so might not be as worth it.
    I should look into that, alrdy have some crafted 458 pvp gear on that a guildmate made for me, was plesantly surprised when i looked at the stats, cuz last time i played, pvp gear was pretty much useless in pve (except for getting up ilvl).