10+ Year Old Account

[WA]Showing Debuffs on myself

Hey guys.

I'm assuming this is possible, but I don't know how;

I would like WA to show me the debuffs that are currently on me, as an icon with duration. If I happen to have more then one debuff on me, they would have to grow horizonally to the right, if possible.

On top of that, I would like to have it NOT show the Bloodlust/Ancient Hysteria/Heroism and Recently Mass Ressed debuffs.

Can this be done? Google came up with only tracking debuffs on others.

Cheers.

Tom
    Warlock (SL main)

Yes, it's possible, but not horribly efficient. Also, you can't do certain things that buff add-ons can do, like having like having both duration and stacks text on the icon, without writing custom lua. You're better off using a buff add-on like Raven, which includes blacklist functions.

If you're set on doing it with Weak Auras, though, the basics for doing it are:

1) Create new icon Weak Aura
    2) In Trigger, select Use Full Scan
    3) Select Auto Clone (say yes when it asks you to make a dynamic group)
    4) Go down to the drop down and select Debuffs instead of Buffs.

That gets the framework for your debuff frame. To blacklist certain buffs, you would just add a second trigger and make sure it's set to check for all triggers, not any. In the second trigger, enter the name of the first debuff you don't want to show on your buff frame, and switch the drop down to debuff again. Just keep adding additional triggers for things you don't want to show.

Edit: I don't know what I was thinking here, but this won't actually work for blacklisting your buffs. When I reread it, I realized I must have been on something. The more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's possible to add blacklisting to that sort of aura, at least not without some very good knowledge of custom lua. Sorry.

For more in depth instructions and a video so you can see the screens, check here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVAGj...B4F55&index=15

The debuff part of the video starts at about 3:29, but I would recommend watching the entire video as he explains a bit about Custom Scan with Weak Auras and why you want the dynamic group, etc.
    Last edited by Rarch; 2013-08-07 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really helpfull! I can totally make that work. Thanks!
    Warlock (SL main)