Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Your thoughts?
    Sargeras will be in the final expansion. 100 is an insignificant number in WoW

people that keep saying its been dealt with should really stop mentioning a book they probably didn't read.

"Despite Xavius' defeat at the hands of Malfurion Stormrage and his allies, the Nightmare was not entirely destroyed following its master's defeat. One small part stubbornly stayed in the Rift of Aln, and Malfurion could only seal off the vicinity around the rift until a time that another war would be in their favor." http://wowpedia.org/Emerald_Dream#Wo...aft:_Stormrage

which is also referenced in-game.

During my stay in the dream I made a vital discovery. The rift that weakens the boundaries of this world has hastened the return of powerful allies.
    The Ancient Guardians are coming back. Cenarius, Aviana, Goldrinn... I can feel their presence. We must make sure we usher them into this world. Their timely aid will be indispensable. - Ysera, at the begining of mount hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion is going to be the Emerald Dream since the Vanilla patches. It's going to be no different this time around.

Personally, I'm still full on druids from Cata and I don't know when I'm going to be ready to stomach that lore again.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2013-08-07 at 09:40 PM.

Maybe the dream is a good place to introduce my idea of an anthropomorphic cat race that are simple minded at first but gain intelligence and awareness from the Green Dragons. They join the Alliance while Ogre's join the horde in south sea's xpac!!!

Deleted
    HELL NO. Burning Legion or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Sargeras will be in the final expansion. 100 is an insignificant number in WoW
    I seriously can't see Sargeras ever being fight able in WoW.

It's stated that 1000s of miles around him the temperature can be raised by 40 degrees just by his mere presence. Broxxigar who by all accounts is one of the strongest warriors (or is represented as such in WotA) with an empowered weapon by a demi-God could only scratch his leg.

I think there will be a Warcraft 4 were it might come to pass, but if Sargeras dies with WoW then the Warcraft Universe is finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    The Emerald Nightmare plot was largely resolved in the Stormrage novel. I'd expect something like Firelands and the Molten Front as a final resolution for the Nightmare.
    No it wasn't, if you read the book you would know that the Nightmare wasn't resolved but pushed back into the Rift of Aln and would spread out again eventually.

What is exactly is the rift of aln? Do the random green portals go to specific points in the dream? What about it is soo exciting for you guys sell me on this.

sage...i feel the same way about the Legion as you do with Emerald Dream. I don't get the hype of it at all and doesnt excite me one bit tbh....I would prefer ANYTHING over the legion even a MoP 2.0...

I mean you know eventually we will see Sargeras or at least his toenail....so why the fuck would people want legion now and then again 2 patches later? that seems a far too much of the same to me..
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2013-08-07 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    sage...i feel the same way about the Legion as you do with Emerald Dream. I don't get the hype of it at all and doesnt excite me one bit tbh....I would prefer ANYTHING over the legion even a MoP 2.0...
    Well for me an unknown world is more exciting than a failed xpac idea lol. Most revere the Burning Crusade as WoW's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Considering that a logical Sargeras fight would be for a raid of level 100 adventurers
    You've already lost me here. Levels are just numbers; there's no reason we need to fight Sargeras at lvl100, and there's no reason that we can't go above lvl100.

most people live in a nostalgilistic world and think that gijoe cartoons were the best thing since sliced bread....memories are far better than when you lived them....

Anything is better than what we've had inn Cataclysme and MOP if you ask me...Re-cycled lore, and a villian that didn't even turn into a good end-tier boss, and now MOP with all its forgetsome lore and asian theme...:/
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see it like a levelign zone or something like timless isle... but no I don't think it can carry an expansion. It's Azeroth from when titans came on it, meaning it's pretty much empty. Not to mention only druids can go in the dream... I could see it as a Green fire quest thing though for druids only like for a druid only legendary or a special flight form or something...

Burning Legion xpac ver 2.0 on planet Argus is what wishing for. Lets stop them once and for all, then we will get Sargeras' attention and face him later with help from other titans, I could see a Titan civil war with us in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post

I mean you know eventually we will see Sargeras or at least his toenail....so why the fuck would people want legion now and then again 2 patches later? that seems a far too much of the same to me..
    Why would people wanna see the joker in every episode of batman? or lex in every episode of Superman? because they are fucking pimping and that's what recurring villains do, they show up again and again. Besides it's already been 3 expacs of almost no legion, it's time for the recurring villains to make a comeback.

i guess all the players of wow dont share your enthusiasm of Legion. Pretty sure you would stop playing a batman MMO if the joker was always the end boss....so your analogy really doesnt work

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant see Blizzard making the Dream an entire Xpac. Maybe a Zone, a Patch, a Raid and a Daily hub.... not a whole xpansion.

I don't think the Emerald Dream is very compelling. It's a generic nature blueprint of Azeroth before races and events changed the face of it. So.....what: We'd wander around this big forest for an expansion? I don't think the lore behind it is interesting enough to make an expansion out of. Nobody aside from Ysera and Druids give a shit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Anyone who doesn't think Emerald Dream can be an expansion needs to go back and look at the past year of WoW. MoP was almost completely new, a single name of an island made a huge blown continent. Emerald dream has more of a foundation in lore and can do better.

I doubt 95-100 we'd fight Sargeras. It's a bit too early for him. They said they're talking as far ahead as 3 expansions down the road, so I'd say it'd be awhile before we fight him.
    And you need to go read the disgraceful excuse for literature that is stormrage. Blizzard isn't dumb enough to turn something that looks like a 14 year old wrote into in game lore.
    Aye mate