Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What is this? Is this new? [PTR]

While looking through the dungeon journal for the SoO I saw this.

http://i.imgur.com/X9N0yNa.jpg

Never seen it before. is this new heirlooms?

Deleted
    Does this mean the next expansion will be 90-100? I would be so happy.

Level 90-100. Did they just inadvertently let the cat out of the bag about the next expansion's level range?

Also. Heirloom drops? I don't mind that. But if they drop INSTEAD of items.. there's gonna be a lot of irate folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably a bug.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    My god I want that so badly for my unholy DK

Oh snap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Level 90-100. Did they just inadvertently let the cat out of the bag about the next expansion's level range?

Also. Heirloom drops? I don't mind that. But if they drop INSTEAD of items.. there's gonna be a lot of irate folks.
    What stops you from using them as normal items? They are 574 ilvl, not lower than they are supposed to be, they are BoA and can be used for all of your characters....These are better than BoP epic items with the same stats in all possible ways.

those are really awesome, just wish you could get them on raid finder :/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How curious.

The concept, if it's not a bug, is neat. Weapons from the final boss that are "heirloom" items that you can use all the following expansion for leveling.

Also, a level 100 expansion for me is both neat and scary. Neat because that could mean we get Demon Hunter next, scary because it means we may never get DH.

Still, I'll wait for 5.4 to go live before calling this anything more than a bug/placeholder.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    What stops you from using them as normal items? They are 574 ilvl, not lower than they are supposed to be, they are BoA and can be used for all of your characters....These are better than BoP epic items with the same stats in all possible ways.
    Ah true, I didn't see the item level. My bad. With that in mind.. well, huh. I guess it'll be the first time where they fully intend you to use the weapon the entire time you're levelling. Usually weapon DPS/spell power tends to surpass the last tier around the <new cap -2> level.

Interesting... If it does somehow indicate about next expansion being 90-100 even though this is really strange, I would be happy to be honest.

Gonna assume that's not meant to be there. Heirlooms dropping from raid bosses sound like an awful idea, especially if they might drop rather than epic loot. Could indicate potentially next expansion would be 90-100, maybe, but I don't see why they'd lengthen the leveling and go back to BC/Wrath of 10 level increase. Could also simply indicate that these will just last for two expansions (90-95 and 95-100). Note that they only go from 90-100, not 1-100, so not usable at lower levels.

I'm thinking, if anything, that these aren't meant to be there, and if they are I hope they're not taking up the place of other loot from bosses. And I think they will last two expansions, rather than indicating that the next will go all the way to level 100. Though I suppose a 10 year anniversary in 2014 and level 100 does sound neat together.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Gonna assume that's not meant to be there. Heirlooms dropping from raid bosses sound like an awful idea, especially if they might drop rather than epic loot. Could indicate potentially next expansion would be 90-100, maybe, but I don't see why they'd lengthen the leveling and go back to BC/Wrath of 10 level increase. Could also simply indicate that these will just last for two expansions (90-95 and 95-100). Note that they only go from 90-100, not 1-100, so not usable at lower levels.

I'm thinking, if anything, that these aren't meant to be there, and if they are I hope they're not taking up the place of other loot from bosses. And I think they will last two expansions, rather than indicating that the next will go all the way to level 100. Though I suppose a 10 year anniversary in 2014 and level 100 does sound neat together.
    Given how many cite 1-90 as the reason they didn't roll Monk, I doubt that next expansion would bump us straight to 100. If anything, Blizz may opt to crunch BC and Wrath to 5 levels just to reduce the leveling burden on players.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a bug people... Relax
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    That's probably a bug.
    except theyre going to change it now and just call it a bug lol

Deleted
    I really like the idea! Instead of replacing epic boss drops with green weapons next expansion. Great idea! Not for everyone though, luckily this is not in Raid Finder.

I think they need to go back to 10 levels per expansion. Cata and MoP are both 5 levels and have been bleeding subscribers. Maybe Blizzard wants to try the old formula that proved so successful. (10 levels might not seem like a deal breaker, but you never know. It's the little things.)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    How curious.

The concept, if it's not a bug, is neat. Weapons from the final boss that are "heirloom" items that you can use all the following expansion for leveling.
    It would be pretty cool if that's what it turns out to be. BoA Heirloom style gear for BiS of a tier sounds weird though lol.

Deleted
    If you look further on the loot table you will see they all drop only from Garrosh, + the normal Garrosh loot, like all other normal weapons and sh*t.

Deleted
    yep 90-100

100 = 10 year anniversary

should make sense

^my brain in sleep mode using logic

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's just a bug people... Relax
    Not a bug.

A whole bunch of updated lv60 PVP gear models are a part of Garrosh's loot. They were epic BoA last patch, now they've been changed to Heirloom. Such a thing requires a dev to change that manually and with intent. You don't "accidentally" make them BoA, then two weeks later "accidentally" make them heirloom.

I expect them to be somewhat rare drops.