Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blue Dragon Fire for Mages

This Thread is half Joke half serious, so take with a grain of salt. How awesome would if be if mages got Blue Fire.

Who would teach us: The Blue Dragonflight
    Warlocks get green Fire which was more in tune with the Fel Magics mastered by the Legion. Well Mages draw their powers from the Arcane which were mastered by the Blue Dragonflight.

Why not Puple Fire: The Blue Dragon flight
    Because low fire exists and looks cool and … Because we’ll beat them up again if they don’t teach us.

When would it happen: The Blue Dragonflight
    Whenever the next Blue Dragon dies or gets defeated. With the Legion on their way I would say soon. Someone needs to pass on their Arcane Mastery before they die.

What?: The Blue Dragonflight
    It’s the Glass Cannon Dragonflight, the Mages of the 5 man team of the Dragons. They Owe us.

Where: The Blue Dragonflight
    I’m sitting here getting back on my mage and the Warlocks and Shamans just make me sad looking at my spells and Frost just leaves me cold. Also bored to tears and losing my sanity. Also … BLUE DRAGON FIRE!

End of Post: The Blue Dragonflight.

Deleted
    Only 1 spec would benefit :<

I currently play Arcanezzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd make a Mage for this... That reminds me, I should level up my warlock and try do to the green fire quest...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

While blue fire is pretty badass, I think the main issue is that the frost spec exists.

Mage is firing red stuff? Probably fire.
    How about blue? Should be frost.
    White/purple/whatever they are? Arcane.

So then you give them blue fire, and it gets kind of confusing when trying to figure out what that mage is.

Not going to lie...this is a pretty awesome idea, I like it very much. Only problem is other classes with lose their shit because they already believe mages are blizzards golden children and we get every thing and they get nothing and QQQQQQQ all the live long day. None the less I can only hope something becomes of this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    We could make it so that all frost spells turn blue as well

*flies away*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post

I currently play Arcanezzzzz
    Only one warlock spec really benefits with green fire

Deleted
    Yes, inc several forum pages of threads whining about being unable to kill a mob.

Nah I like my fire fiery.

Maybe we can persuade the Black Dragonflight to make it more crimson!

Fire -> Turns Blue
    Frost -> Turns Black(with some white/blue particles, See; Sha colour scheme)
    Arcane -> Turns White

Deleted
    Would be nice. But I'm not a fan of this "One class has it so another should have it." mentality we have now.

We already have lots of glyphs to transform our polymorphs. If that wasn't already implemented I would ask for that.

Warlocks got green fire because it's the colour demons have used since Warcraft III and possibly earlier
    This isn't true of any other class

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    *flies away*
    That's what I want from a mage quest line.

Fly spell (instant, not castable in combat, chance to break on damage like normal mount).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakey View Post
    Only one warlock spec really benefits with green fire
    With the changes coming in 5.4, make that 2, 3 if you include the mounts!

I completely support and love this idea.

Deleted
    Blue fire would be cool, Black Ice too but Arcane should stay the same.

How about spell graphics that don't look like garbage in general? Forget the blue fire I just want spell graphics that equal many other caster dps in terms of quality

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    While blue fire is pretty badass, I think the main issue is that the frost spec exists.

Mage is firing red stuff? Probably fire.
    How about blue? Should be frost.
    White/purple/whatever they are? Arcane.

So then you give them blue fire, and it gets kind of confusing when trying to figure out what that mage is.
    If you wait to see what you get hit by from an enemy Mage to find out their spec, you are playing this game extremely incorrectly.

As far as PvP goes, here's the right way to determine an enemy Mage:

Moving like crazy without a Water Elemental: Fire
    Moving not as much as Fire, but has a Water Elemental: Frost
    Never moves, does almost no damage, and is almost always dead: Arcane

There are much better reasons why something awesome like blue fire won't be implemented, not because "Oh no, I can't tell what an enemy is throwing at me".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    How about spell graphics that don't look like garbage in general? Forget the blue fire I just want spell graphics that equal many other caster dps in terms of quality
    Definitely this. Fireball looks like I lit the tiniest pebble I could find on fire. Pyroblast looks like a rock (at least better than the original, but that's not saying too much). We haven't gotten spell upgrades since we got Arcane Barrage and Frostfire Bolt, and those were back in Lich King.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Not only will fire alone look much much Much better but fire spells will also be more in sync with the spells of the other two specs^^ Ever felt that fire spell animations just dont fit ? Anyways blue fire ftw^_^

Go frost and imagine you're throwing blue fire.