Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Medical Marijuana Stops Child's Seizures

Interesting that this is the front page story for CNN.com. Medical marijuana stops child's seizures. I wonder how many cases like this would be required for them to reclassify marijuana. It's currently a schedule I controlled substance(federally) which means it has no acceptable medical uses. Cocaine is a schedule 2 because it numbs pain...

its one of the least harmfull drugs out there but its just not ''normal'' to use like alcohol or tabaco. that shit we have been using for decades. if wed invented alcohol today it would be banned tomorow :P

but as long as the republicans pretend they have numbers nothing will change
    There is really no reason to get mad in a discussion. Unless u dont understand basic logic then rage away

B-But maroowana is teh evils!

Edit: Is this purely a US thread? Cause it should be legal in Britain as well. Would bring nothing but positives to the country.
    Last edited by Tommo; 2013-08-07 at 10:06 PM.

I wouldn't hold my breath for reclassification. It's more of an ideological war against drugs than a fact and reasoning based one. I mean Nixon went against the findings of the commission he set up, why would logical consistency matter now?

Im sure heroin did something good once before aswell, lets legalize it!

in before claims that mj cures aids and kills cancer, and claims of "it's not a drug, it's a plant!".

also before comparisons of mj to crack or satan's anus or some shit
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    in before claims that mj cures aids and kills cancer, and claims of "it's not a drug, it's a plant!".

also before comparisons of mj to crack or satan's anus or some shit
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.
    best thing i have read all day.

ot: mj should be legal. The pros heavily outweigh the cons. plus... less people in jail for such a stupid crime, rather than finding real criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Im sure heroin did something good once before aswell, lets legalize it!
    Your lack of knowledge surrounding "drugs" is showing... heroin is a incredibly harmful drug, on the scale for harm weed is one of the lowest, below cigs and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Edit: Is this purely a US thread? Cause it should be legal in Britain as well. Would bring nothing but positives to the country.
    It would be great for us in Scotland considering many people might not get into heroin if they could get weed from a shop and not have to deal with dodgy dealers. Considering the uproar from the tories (not that Labour has a better track record) and religious conservatives when it was switched from a Class B to C along with the firing of David Nutt, I don't think we're anywhere near ready for that unless the younger crowd start to vote and get more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Your lack of knowledge surrounding "drugs" is showing... heroin is a incredibly harmful drug, on the scale for harm weed is one of the lowest, below cigs and alcohol.
    Isn't marijuana filled with most of the harmful things as cigarettes?

Turns out morphine could do the same thing

That shows some knowledge? All i said is im sure its done something beneficial to someone before and that it should be legal. That being said if its legalized it will have absolutely no baring on my life, i quit that way before it became cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It's carcinogenic yeah, when smoked with tobacco it can be worse for you than just straight up tobacco, however it can be ingested in more than one way (Bong, vaporizer, any number of foods and drinks and tinctures) which for the most part remove the 'harmful things'

eh not really, there's a lot of extra shit added to Tobacco, just to get it to bind together properly in cigarettes. Added cellulose etc. Besides, the most appropriate way to inhale marijuana is through a vaporizer, which as it sounds, vaporizes the THC directly on a heated plate in a container, no flame is added and no smoke.

Pretty sure most of the bad shit in cigarettes is put in by the manufacturer. You do not have to smoke marijuana either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It would be great for us in Scotland considering many people might not get into heroin if they could get weed from a shop and not have to deal with dodgy dealers. Considering the uproar from the tories (not that Labour has a better track record) and religious conservatives when it was switched from a Class B to C along with the firing of David Nutt, I don't think we're anywhere near ready for that unless the younger crowd start to vote and get more involved.
    Annoying thing is, anyone can easily get it if they want to, its not hard, its just incredibly inconvenient, thats why I barely even bother anymore.

The government could tax it, save lives that would have been lost due to violence or badly altered products and give relief to a lot of people who may want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    That shows some knowledge? All i said is im sure its done something beneficial to someone before and that it should be legal. That being said if its legalized it will have absolutely no baring on my life, i quit that way before it became cool.
    You sarcastically said "legalize heroin i'm sure it's done something good!"

Your back pedal is horrendously obvious.

Unless you actually think heroin should be readily available to all, then you're just ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Meh, glad that this stopped it but my feelings on Marijuanna are still the same. With that said, you won't see me wanting to hate on *DEY TAKE MY MARIJUANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA* people.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

You sarcastically said "legalize heroin i'm sure it's done something good!"

Your back pedal is horrendously obvious.

Unless you actually think heroin should be readily available to all, then you're just ridiculous.
    The fact that you recognize it as sarcasm, and yet decided to pick a fight with it sounds to me an awful lot like you just wanted to pick a fight for the sake of picking a fight.

[E] Not to mention you picked a fight based on the premise that he was being serious.