Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It looks amazing I hope that the numbers will also be amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    OT: How is the damage from the proc looking?
    I've only done proper raids with the old proc. The old proc was doing roughly half of my legendary meta gem's damage, although on multiple targets it was doing significantly more. Unless there is a fight where you are able to constantly AoE adds expect it to be around the same as your meta gem at best.

But that's okay, the cloak is the real reward with the proc being a new extra thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    Is there an npc on the ptr to simply swap your epic cloak for the legendary version? Or do you actually have to do something significant?
    Not that I know of, I had to do the whole quest from the start till the end. But the quests aren't very long so you are able to hop on the PTR and get them done in an hour orso.

Does that 28,259 damage scale with our AP or something or is it just an arbitrary static number?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Does that 28,259 damage scale with our AP or something or is it just an arbitrary static number?
    It should scale, although I have no idea how the formula works. But agility procs do increase the damage from the cloak.

Thanks for the updated info. Puts me at ease to know I don't have to micro manage my pet more than I already do. Effect looks awesome as well. Happy days! Now for the buffs to our signature shots and ill be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    The entire realm will zerg them the moment servers come up
    I did not get credit for already tagged mobs on the PTR. So I am not sure if they are faction-tapped (quite hard to tell when there are 100 people who might got the tap), raid-tapped or group-tapped. So having an entire realm standing there might not be as helpful as you could expect.

Yeah the legendary upgrade is easy, they want people USING these cloaks to progress, not just to acquire them after content has been downed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I did not get credit for already tagged mobs on the PTR. So I am not sure if they are faction-tapped (quite hard to tell when there are 100 people who might got the tap), raid-tapped or group-tapped. So having an entire realm standing there might not be as helpful as you could expect.
    They are faction taggable, so if you are Alliance and the Horde gets the tag you are out of luck. I've also heard people saying that they weren't getting credit in a raid group but I can't confirm or deny that. I did them without a group by just dodging bad things. Just take Spirit Bond to heal up the little damage you take.

Deleted
    Did some quick testing on the proc and it seems massively stronger than the melee counter part. Since its a 4-5 yard radius circle around the target instead of a 2 by 5 yard cone in front of us(pet). This gives us a HUGE area where it hits compared to melees. Also in a few quick 100m damage ST fight with just the cloak doing AoE damage to 3 targets (think klaxxi fight is like this iirc) it did about 11% of my damage, no beast cleave or MS. Haven't tested 3 target full AoE but my guess will be that it will drop to about 7% of overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    Did some quick testing on the proc and it seems massively stronger than the melee counter part. Since its a 4-5 yard radius circle around the target instead of a 2 by 5 yard cone in front of us(pet). This gives us a HUGE area where it hits compared to melees. Also in a few quick 100m damage ST fight with just the cloak doing AoE damage to 3 targets (think klaxxi fight is like this iirc) it did about 11% of my damage, no beast cleave or MS. Haven't tested 3 target full AoE but my guess will be that it will drop to about 7% of overall damage.
    Rubbish. It's not massively stronger. It makes up for the fact that Melee can move their cone to hit as many mobs as they like. We can't do that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Rubbish. It's not massively stronger. It makes up for the fact that Melee can move their cone to hit as many mobs as they like. We can't do that!
    You can freely switch targets and the proc will follow your currently selected target. If the mob you have targetted moves away from the pack, you can select a new mob and continue the damage.

So having seen the proc myself, I must say that while I really like the tiger growl proc sound, the visual proc on your back, as well as the animation of shooting a bazillion arrows, the stuff that rains down on the mob itself just looks like... blue rain. Can't really tell that they're arrows.

Minor gripe, but I guess this is what happens when you use an old existing animation.

Is it just the old volley animation they tried in a WotLK PTR and scrapped? I think Subetai in MSV used it as well if I recall correctly.

Where's the video! I'm too lazy to get the PTR.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I'm too lazy to get fraps :P

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    New proc seems awesome.

Quick question: The tooltip seems to suggest the proc should be doing some ~28k every 0.3 seconds (which I admit sounds kinda OP), but in your screenshots it seems to be doing around 10k?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    New proc seems awesome.

Quick question: The tooltip seems to suggest the proc should be doing some ~28k every 0.3 seconds (which I admit sounds kinda OP), but in your screenshots it seems to be doing around 10k?
    Yea it seems like the tooltip is wrong or I made a screenshot with loads of big buffs active on accident. The latter seems unlikely because I wasn't attacking anything and I didn't attack anything for a good minute before that. I didn't check yet if it was really hitting every 0.3 seconds either, but I have the feeling that's incorrect as well.

Deleted
    Any chance that you could Fraps it quickly?

Deleted
    I will if it isnt up after this boss test

Deleted
    Made a really quick vid (9sec) of the proc for those interested Here. You can hear that it actually procced twice in a row tho it's a bit quiet.. soz about that

Can't wait to unleash this proc on a giant pack of trash and geek out at recount.