Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MW] RJW Nerf 5.4

Rushing Jade Wind: The Monk summons a whirling tornado around them, dealing damage to nearby enemies (heals nearby allies for Mistweavers). Rushing Jade Wind has the same costs, Chi generation, and periodic rate as Spinning Crake kick, but, deals 60% of the periodic damage or healing, lasts 6 seconds, is instant, and not channeled.

They keep nerfing Monk Healers... its time to rerrol?

Deleted
    I don't understand why or how this was thought to be a good change...

They're changing a buff on the PTR to not be as large of a buff as it was previously, and you're considering rerolling?

e: unless you're /stopcasting it for Chi, I guess. Except it's not channeled.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2013-08-08 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    They're changing a buff on the PTR to not be as large of a buff as it was previously, and you're considering rerolling?
    "buff", this iteration of the talent was already worse than live, educate urself

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    "buff", this iteration of the talent was already worse than live, educate urself
    now you're being ironc, right? worse than live? I havent used RJW a single time for healing in PvE. never. not this patch not last patch. (only on Ji-Kun for damage...)
    no chance the new RJW, no matter what the are going to do with it, is going to be worse than before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    now you're being ironc, right? worse than live? I havent used RJW a single time for healing in PvE. never. not this patch not last patch. (only on Ji-Kun for damage...)
    no chance the new RJW, no matter what the are going to do with it, is going to be worse than before.
    RJW on live is at least a theoretical gain, the new one isn't close to it. Considering you use SCK primarily as a chi generator during AoE the bonus simply shapes down to 4 extra seconds of SCK on your last cast. You can figure out for yourself whether or not that's worth 40% less healing and a 2 second CD.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-08-08 at 02:40 AM.

RJW on live is at least a theoretical gain, the new one isn't close to it. Considering you use SCK primarily as a chi generator during AoE the bonus simply shapes down to 4 extra seconds of SCK on your last cast. You can figure out for yourself whether or not that's worth 60% less healing and a 2 second CD.
    you will obviously not use it as a primary chi-generator if you chose this incarnation. it'll be a passive you'll keep up during stacked AoE, while being able to do other stuff. (Sooth+Uplift, Chi Burst etc).
    Don't know if it still has a CD, but if you choose this version and go and spamm it, you're stupid. and stupid behaviour should not be the base of your discussion about the usefullness of a talent.
    not saying it's great. it seems to still be inferior to CT. (maybe for a Ra-den fight where you have constant AoE for long periods, but otherwise not)

Deleted
    you will obviously not use it as a primary chi-generator if you chose this incarnation. it'll be a passive you'll keep up during stacked AoE, while being able to do other stuff. (Sooth+Uplift, Chi Burst etc).
    Don't know if it still has a CD, but if you choose this version and go and spamm it, you're stupid. and stupid behaviour should not be the base of your discussion about the usefullness of a talent.
    not saying it's great. it seems to still be inferior to CT. (maybe for a Ra-den fight where you have constant AoE for long periods, but otherwise not)
    You think any of that will even provide even a break-even output compared to a 40% throughput loss? We don't need another short duration buff to cram in our short term globals either. What's stupid right now is even taking this talent because no matter what you do with it, it's inferior to just not taking it at all. Both in terms of numbers and just how the spec plays.

It's absolute trash, at least RJW is a throughput increase in situations with a large amount of SCK casting, albeit at a throughput cost which makes CT the sensible option on progression.

The 2 chi cost ruined it for us though. Made it unusable.
    Not saying the newest RJW is any good. The 60% throughput downgrade broke it.
    The prviojs version could have been usefull once in a while, but in its current state its basically a:
    SCK doing 135% periodic healing with a 6sec CD which is instant instead of channeled (0.5sec saved)
    Defenetly not worth a talent point next to CT

Deleted
    The 2 chi cost ruined it for us though. Made it unusable.
    Not saying the newest RJW is any good. The 60% throughput downgrade broke it.
    The prviojs version could have been usefull once in a while, but in its current state its basically a:
    SCK doing 135% periodic healing with a 6sec CD which is instant instead of channeled (0.5sec saved)
    Defenetly not worth a talent point next to CT
    For most progression yes, but you could still take it and argue that mana wasn't an issue. Don't be mistaken though, RJW absolutely was a throughput increase in heavy SCK use situations like on Qon/Ra-den and such. Just at an immense cost. My point is though, with the new RJW at least it's not worth taking over nothing. I would rather have no level 90 talent in pretty much every situation imaginable. SCK is better at healing, better for chi, equal for mobility, and worse for mana. Guess which one I don't care about.

It "works" in having a larger HPCT sense, but the only scenario I would take it is if our paladins and druids were ill or something and our tank was taking a beating during a heavy AoE phase.

I don't understand the design goal of this talent.

Removing the channel penalty of SCK so that we can move at full speed and continue to perform other actions is a great idea and very worthy of a talent. Extending it to beyond its normal duration for the same cost makes it a throughput gain (remember this has to be viable for DPS and tanking as well), and we could very well spam Soothing while having RJW up to do both our spread raid healing and stacked raid healing sets at the same time. However, being only 4 seconds long was kind of weird, if it was 150% the cost and duration of SCK then it would be more able to be worked in.

Making it only tick for 60% of SCK's value is very..... strange. It's a straight AoE nerf to even take the talent as WW as they don't even have another option to AoE. Mistweaver is in a similar boat in that, because mana is not a concern, resource efficiency alone does not interest us, especially at a throughput loss. I can only imagine BrM using this for rapid AoE add pickups, but that's no excuse to make it absolutely garbage for MW and WW.

Of course this wouldn't be a problem for MW at all if we weren't balanced around having infinite mana....

Deleted
    Thinking about it, how about removing the channel from SooM?

Thinking about it, how about removing the channel from SooM?
    You mean like, turn SooM into a HoT that can only exist on one target at a time, still generates chi, and still triggers JSS beam? That would certainly be an interesting choice as a juxtaposition with Xuen and Chi Torpedo, but I feel like there's a(nother) huge potential abuse with the LMG just waiting to happen right there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    You mean like, turn SooM into a HoT that can only exist on one target at a time, still generates chi, and still triggers JSS beam? That would certainly be an interesting choice as a juxtaposition with Xuen and Chi Torpedo, but I feel like there's a(nother) huge potential abuse with the LMG just waiting to happen right there.
    Nothing more than we can already do though

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why oh why I expect blizzard to nerf CT now, to make RJW more intersting to us

But well lets see what really comes up. I wonder if our concerns really reach Blizzard at all ... Monk community is simple to small and no whiners :P

I planned on taking RJW over CT. However, with the nerf to 60% I don't know if I will. With that kind of reduction it's hard to justify losing 3 mana free aoe heal/dmg moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't we just keep spinning crane kick ? -.-

Deleted
    Yeah. The way I read the news post was that sck will be replaced with rjw. Now unless im grossly mistaken, that'll mean that we no longer have sck at all and open the door to a new talent.? It'll be the same for all monk spec's.
    Unless anyone can clarify this?

I don't quite see how it's a loss.

It's the same as SCK, except you don't have to channel the entire time. Thus, you're getting 6 seconds of free healing/damage around you, chi, and you can still cast your othr spells after the GCD is done.

Deleted
    Ye ok so no way im going to drop CT as it looks now. SCK in the trash bin.... Glad my main is a resto druid...