Coming back to wow.....

Coming back to wow and going to mainly pvp.

It will either be as a
    Resto Druid
    Moonkin
    Ret pally
    Holy pally

Leaning towards healing but never know enjoy all these aspects.

What I'm curious about what is the pros and cons to each?

I don't care if its the best spec but more so I don't want the worst

And I heard pallys aren't the greatest in pvp anymore.

Thoughts ideas? Gimmie the scoop thx.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shaman is pretty fun as both elemental and resto.

I can only really comment on Hpally and Resto druid from using both for a long time in PvP (Arena, BG, RBG, and world)

I personally feel the Hpally has a lot of great tools and very high healing effective healing but a huge downfall in the vulnerabilty/mobility area. Hard casting makes up a large part of healing especially when the damage gets high, the way PvP is now the burst forces you to be in los hard casting too much which leaves you extremely vulnerable to CC and there is a ton of it in game. There are ways to help mitigate some of it but imo thats really the only real issue with Hpally in PvP otherwise when not chain CCed they are fun and effective.

Resto Druids have a completely different play style than Hpally. They can be way more offensive which can help your partners if you have the opportunity. HoTs alllow you to los the enemy a lot more as well as shifting to kite. I think the major downfall to Resto would be heavy burst. The HoTs do not heal enough to handle the burst in this game alone when cds are popped, not even close. You will be forced to hard cast leaving you vulnerable if you dont cyclone and use your cc/defensives properly. Overall the Druid is almost unstoppable when heavy burst is not happening.

To put it simply Hpally is great when you are not getting chain cc (which happens alomst all the time in high arena) and can handle the burst very well. Resto Druids handle cc better because of HoTs and mobility but have a more difficult time dealing with the heavy burst to their partner and themselves. They both have good cc's themselves with the edge given to druids due to cyclone.

elemental shaman or bm hunter /thread

Resto druids might be the most forgiving healer to start with in terms of mechanics, yet offer one of the largest growth potentials as they benefit so greatly from a player's predictive capabilities (among other things). The spec is very transparent and open regarding playstyle and skill; depending on how you choose to play I feel a druid can be either the most offensive or most defensive of healers.

I find moonkin are a very gimmicky spec. They're decent, but it's mostly momentum from their aoe silence with no DR (now nerfed) and a cooldown that temporarily gives them as much healing throughput as an actual healer. They have access to all the CC a resto druid does, and most of the class's skill is tied into good usage in this category. Moonkins are more of a sustained, periodic-based class (like resto) but also have burst potential in their starsurge procs and hardcasted spells.

Ret paladins are actually quite a strong class right now. They have more reliable hybrid-based support than a moonkin--a magic dispel for removing CC on your healer, regular freedoms, high off-healing with no major cooldown dependence. Rets have pretty weak sustained damage and low cc, but incredible mobility and very strong burst damage with cooldowns. I see rets as the most hybrid-structured hybrid, if that makes sense.

Holy paladins seem like the most healing-oriented healer. While that may seem like a good thing, it means they're lacking in basic self-support. Their biggest problem is that they have so little CC avoidance. Sacrifice is a fairly long cooldown, dispellable, and only works on a minority of CC in the first place. Aside from that issue, they can support (melee) teammates better than other healers and appear to have a low learning curve to their actual throughput. Paladins are currently the weakest healer overall, but are getting a couple buffs next patch.