[Music] Can you have iTunes in your car?

OK i love using itunes on my PC for its streaming radio. Is there any way to have that in my car? Just got a new car and would love to have like a ton of techno stations to choose from like I do when Im on my PC. Maybe this is pretty simple but I havent kept up with car stereo related stuff since I was in highschool and that was 16 years ago.

Most cars today may have a USB port that you can plug an iPod into and use that, if it is an older car but new to you, an aftermarket stereo with one should work just fine and can be had for pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by stockishgsr View Post
    Most cars today may have a USB port that you can plug an iPod into and use that.
    or Aux or Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by stockishgsr View Post
    Most cars today may have a USB port that you can plug an iPod into and use that, if it is an older car but new to you, an aftermarket stereo with one should work just fine and can be had for pretty cheap.
    i dont want an ipod or another MP3 player. I want the same itunes that I have on my PC for the streaming radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    i dont want an ipod or another MP3 player. I want the same itunes that I have on my PC for the streaming radio.
    Unless you have an iPhone or something that has 3G/4G and Bluetooh/USB in the car then no, there is no way to really stream music like a PC outside of Pandora in a car that I know of.

I'm gonna say that's not possible. You need the device with music in the car and connected in some way. You might be able to get a headunit that supports itunes through your iphone/ipod.

Otherwise try satellite radio.

There's several ways to do it, but like I said you need the device in your car. I can play music on my phones hard drive/google music account through bluetooth or aux. If I had an iphone I could play music through aux, bluetooth, or MDI. Using MDI I could even plug a hard drive straight into it and play the music off that. Not quite sure how the MDI works though, it came with the car lol

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    yea Im looking into SiriusXM now. It has 7 dance/electronic channels. iTunes has 900. Not really a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I'm gonna say that's not possible. You need the device with music in the car and connected in some way. You might be able to get a headunit that supports itunes through your iphone/ipod.

There's several ways to do it, but like I said you need the device in your car. I can play music on my phones hard drive/google music account through bluetooth or aux. If I had an iphone I could play music through aux, bluetooth, or MDI. Using MDI I could even plug a hard drive straight into it and play the music off that. Not quite sure how the MDI works though, it came with the car lol
    Basically the best way to put it, I use my phone with a USB port and stream through Spotify but it eats up data fast which sucks of you manage to be capped by your provider.

And my experience with Sirius was underwhelming as I heard the same song more than compared to regular radio, which may vary depending on the station, but it is a good alternative for ability to listen anywhere there is a signal.

yea Im looking into SiriusXM now. It has 7 dance/electronic channels. iTunes has 900. Not really a comparison.
    I can't say I'm a fan either. I got 3 months for free and I never used it.

You would think someone would come up with a way to get tons of radio stations from all over the world into a car by now. Seriously someone fire off a Satellite right now that lets me listen to music from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia. Just anything but this garbage thats currently on. If I can have 1000 channels on my Direct TV why the hell cant I have Direct Radio or something like that?

You would think someone would come up with a way to get tons of radio stations from all over the world into a car by now. Seriously someone fire off a Satellite right now that lets me listen to music from Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia. Just anything but this garbage thats currently on. If I can have 1000 channels on my Direct TV why the hell cant I have Direct Radio or something like that?
    They have that, it's called plug your ipod into your car and stream off your ipod. Some cars now even have the ability to control your ipod via car buttons.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    They have that, it's called plug your ipod into your car and stream off your ipod. Some cars now even have the ability to control your ipod via car buttons.
    Buttons? This is the future, we've got voice commands!

Some car radio decks can accept USB harddrives and some can take SD cards. My friend's car has a SD card slot that plays mp3s. Go by one of those car stereo places the kids get their loud bass speakers installed at. They usually have a decent/better selection of decks compared to places like best buy.