Poll: Desired Theme

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Theme would you prefer for the next Expansion?

Title explains it all. Pick from the options above or post your own!
    Last edited by seni; 2013-08-08 at 04:36 AM.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

South Seas and anything that can be related to it.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-08-08 at 04:39 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Always thought Steam Punk with a heavy mix of the Gothic Victorian get up of Gilneas would be pretty cool. Then again, most others probably prefer the bright Disney colors over gloomy drab dark. It doesn't necessarily have to be a depressingly drab dark 100% of the time though.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-08-08 at 04:52 AM.

Something completely unexpected.

World of Warcraft: Rebellion

No new races HOWEVER goblins and gnomes get their own class: Gyromancer (this absolutely allowable with the goblin storyline). It would be an intellect plate wearing class.

(Link to the original idea for the class: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6893021?page=1 )
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plot:

Mekkatorque is trying to take over Azeroth for the Gnomes. He has these grand illusions that every living thing on Azeroth could use a mechanical upgrade. This involves blowing up entire sections of Azeroth.

Gallywix is just in it for the profits with the promise of letting the gnomes use his pleasure palace in exchange for the goblins not to become slaves (or whatever).

Now, Gallywix is obviously doing this all under the table. The actual goblins in Org etc do not know anything about this. It's all a rogue super secret squirrel operation.

In fact, we don't find out about Gallywix's involvement until one of the last patches.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The dungeons:

There would be only one revamped dungeon: Gnomeregan. But, in this version of Gnomer, Mekkatorque isn’t the final boss. One of his many lieutenants’ is. But, it is only a smaller version of Gnomer (see why below).

Every other dungeon in the expansion would involve the gnome plot. HOWEVER, there are also goblin mercenaries in them (disguised as Gnomes- full outfits so we can‘t tell.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The raids:
    Once again, these would involve Gnomes.

The final raid would take place in Gnomeregan Main- the main corporation of a company named Mecawiks Industries. This company has been doing trade with both the horde and alliance the entire time.

The final fight of the expac itself would have 2 bosses: Mekkatorque and Gallywix: on a GIANT robot.

One of the boss lines would be:

"You punt me???? NO! I PUNT YOU!!!!"

When he says this, the giant robot would literally /punt the raid.

And, of course, there would be lasers and explosions.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, one of the main reasons I said the class should only apply to goblin and gnomes: think engineering.

The reason for keeping it specifically for these two classes: lore wise, it would make sense.

For obvious reasons, goblin can't have monks. The timeline of the starting zone doesn't allow it. However, they can have gyromancers due to the fact that goblin engineering has existed for who knows how long and it easily fits into the lore.

Now, the main reason for gnomes: they don't have hunters BUT they do have gnomish engineering. Maybe to play on the gyromancer idea, have a spec that can work with robotic battle creations but just for the Alliance side. That would take care of the need for a gnome hunter.

I'd have to think of a different spec for goblins though- something of an equivalent. Maybe something ordinance related.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-08-08 at 04:44 AM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

I gotta say Burning legion

Those guys have been out of the loop for too long

I feel its time for the Burning legion to show why they are the baddest motherfuckers around

I really want to see what Azshara has been up to.

But I also want to go to Argus and deal with some demons.

But I also really want to go to the Emerald Dream.

...seee there is also Titans stuff I want to know about also.

Honestly I'm up for anything they want to give us, I will enjoy it regardless!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here are some images to go along with the options I presented!

Ocean:

Emerald Dream:

Old God:

Burning Legion:

Combination:

Titan:

Orcs vs Humans:

Caverns of Time:

ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it is not half finished like Cataclysm was I will be fine with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Out of the loop? You must not have a warlock. Sizeable chunk of Legion lore directly from the class quest.

On topic, Emerald Dream/Azshara/Titans. The legion is boring.
    I got the tome on my lock alt but its been on the back of my to do list for a while i really need to find the time to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with burning legion, but. I don't wan't to face Sargeras as the last boss of the expansion, i'd rather have one expansion as a preparation for the legions return. Where we ultimately fail, only for the next expansion to be the "true" legion expansion, where we go to other worlds and ultimately face Sargeras.

I mean it is Sargeras and the goddamn legion. If we are going to face that we should have some epic build up time. Not just go "lawl I killed your minions and lieutenants easily, come at me bro"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard will release Sargeras for a long time, really until WoW is either dying or done with, mainly because he is the "last" boss of Warcraft.

Something new. Would make all the morons cry again because "this isn'w what classic Warcraft is about", yadda yadda, but life's really to short to chew the same old stuff over and over again.

I'd like something involving outerspace and give somewhat of an ulduar feeling to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    Here are some images to go along with the options I presented!

Emerald Dream:

What the hell... why are there cities on the Emerald Dream map? Especially Darnassus, which just isn't a location, but planted by Fandral Staghelm and therefore shouldn't be presented in the ED at all? (alongside with most other towns, but they could at least stand for the location where they would be in the normal Azeroth)
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    A combination og different themes into one massive awesome Expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    While most, if not all, agrees that Vashj'ir is the best zone, in the game, I think the water theme have had it's time..
    South Seas would get dull, before we finished levelling.. Queen Azshara.. As much as we all love to kill Night Elves (in all their evil incarnations), she won't be able to fill a whole expansion, EVEN with the help of Ozumat, Neptulon and/or pirates..

Give me some titans we can kill for messing with our planet instead. That would be epic...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I can't really see a burning legion expansion that doesn't also involve the titans in a big way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    While most, if not all, agrees that Vashj'ir is the best zone, in the game,
    From a visual perspective, it's one of the prettiest for sure.
    From a gameplay perspective, it's by far the worst zone in the game's history. Underwater zones are a bad idea.

None I want in particular. I just want it to be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    What the hell... why are there cities on the Emerald Dream map? Especially Darnassus, which just isn't a location, but planted by Fandral Staghelm and therefore shouldn't be presented in the ED at all? (alongside with most other towns, but they could at least stand for the location where they would be in the normal Azeroth)
    Wrong. Darnassus is the capital city, Teldrassil is the tree which was planted