Thread: Gaming Laptop?

Deleted

Gaming Laptop?

So I need some advice as to what kind of laptop to buy to play WoW in decent settings (high or ultra if possible).

I know a desktop will outperform a laptop any day but the problem is I studying in the UK and so I have to switch countries quite often so a portable solution would come handy. I tried transporting my desktop but I ended up with back pain, overweight luggage and a broken graphics card

Anyway, do you guys have any advice as to what laptop to buy? What I was thinking was SSD, good graphics card (what would that be?) , 8gb ram, i7 processor and full HD as standard prerequisites. I can spend from 1000 to 1500 euros. What I am mostly worried about is overheating. .. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Edit:

Thank you all for the responses. The thing though is that I have had some bad experience woth the build quality of some manufacturers. Therefore it would be great if anyone could suggest one that's reputable if possible in the UK as I will buy it from there. Also, what's your opinion on the new MSI GS7? Would it be a bad purchase for example because it's very thin due to the cooling system? In general any tips or insight apart from the hardware as to what to consider when buying a laptop would be great!

Thank You
    Last edited by mmoc7a70a70bb6; 2013-08-11 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What websites can you use?

UK sites?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find a laptop with something like a: 64GB boot SSD + at least 500GB HDD, 770M GPU, i7-4700MQ or better, 8GB 1600mhz RAM, and a 1920x1080 screen with an operating system and wifi capabilities from quick searches.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP8275 should work at $1600 but im not sure how that works in europe

This site has what you should be looking for. Unfortunately it's an US site, however you can get a general idea of what you're expecting.

i7-4700MQ
    GTX 770M
    128GB SSD + 750GB HD
    15.6'' 1920x1080p screen

That comes around (still, on that site) 1289$.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    and that Laptop would run Guild Wars 2 on High / Ultra ( no shadows, just magic/char effects)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solfan01 View Post
    and that Laptop would run Guild Wars 2 on High / Ultra ( no shadows, just magic/char effects)?

Thanks
    I'm not comfortable with the game to answer that. However, the GPU is roughly the equivalent of an underclocked desktop 660 and the processor is about 10% weaker than a stock i7-2700k. Draw your conclusions based on that.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    ThThanyou all for the responses. The thing though is that I have had some bad experience woth the build quality of some manufacturers. Therefore it would be great if anyone could suggest one that's reputable if possible in the UK as I will buy it from there. Also, what's your opinion on the new MSI GS7? Would it be a bad purchase for example because it's very thin due to the cooling system? In general any tips or insight apart from the hardware as to what to consider when buying a laptop would be great!