Weak Aura Icons Unusually Dark

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4057/73ha.jpg

Please can someone take a look at this screenshot and work out why the icon for the Elusive Brew buff (just above player frame) is really dark? No matter what icon I choose; or even if I delete it and recreate the aura, it still has a dark icon. The aura is no different to any of the others I have made. The colour on all of them is white with 100% opacity.

Not sure from that SS. Maybe a pic of your display settings and triggers for that particular aura?

This is the aura I use for my alt BrM Monk Elusive Brew, check if that has the same problem. It might be 2 of your auras combined into one, from looking at your screenshot, but maybe by importing it and deleting what you don't want and editing the display settings, it'll get around the problem you're having.

Code:
    dOdhjaGAPQKxkr0UuHQxlvLAMseMnHBQQQ(gvGBlIDQO9I2nf7xvXpvbdtk(TQCyrnuPQyWQknCP0bLQQ)kHJjsNdQ0cPslvvvAXQQSCk9qvvXtbpwQ8CLMivqMQKMmuMUWfHkUQkuUmPRtvBuI0wvHSzv02PI(ivq9zvAAk47uHonKNPqJwQY4jIojuv3IiCnIY5LOghrAzevBdQYmLvczwzqyjKE8HJ7GJJlHecyeWyLGKhopxn4uUCcLpCEUAWPedneujBZgmfJ)iSQ4SppKji4EOwp8FjWP0kHmggkqptwuew09Q2LvgeS6f9m1YTkHR95Bjy8jvl6Ev7YzkbXlJXkb7tOSsiXlceRmyWGacJaoc)ICQF(6AvhzqOJvotzLG4LXyLGF1IorEx6sW(ekRes8IaXkdge6e5DzLWImxHs4)dZsYGbHYhopxn4uc5Jnem(KQfDVQD5mLqyr3RAzLW2Qcb(yesLlf3rCjyYj6YkNPeWr4xKt9ZxxR6idc(vl2wviWhJUeo9cX2Ln0LbbegbCC)811FEsiJHHc0ZKffHfDVQDzLbbhryrpohAiC(mbHJqsMTe6POBVGZHgcw9IEMA5wLaQ7zyWPCwju(W55QbNsiFSHqyr3RAzLW2Qcb(yestLn2iLGF1ITvfc8XOlHtVqSDzdDzqiujd(JWVS9ppXZYkNYzPYgXtkU46a5nYLkhVMMrEkHSrohzPsBKnoGRmPndYhXTPrgpLqMmgeqDpd)rONIU9cohAiiEzmwj4xTOtK3LUeSpHYkHeViqSYGbHorExwjSiZvOe()WSKmyqazCQ2vPlbRErptTCRsi7T5FzlHnYD99w6Zeeocjz2saHrahHFro1pFDTQJF(6qEBoqpdHqLm8wLWr(Eo07Zxj(8TpImYqiJHHc0ZKffHfDVQDzLbHaLO2sFMGWrijZwcoIWIECo0qW4tQw09Q2LZucplsnroqpdHJW5Vv8)t)LOa)5r48xahgCoYkHYhopxn4uc5Jnecl6EvlRe2wviWhJqQCP4oIlHNJMdgrz6sWKt0Lvotj4W(SfJbHTvfIzor5mnv2yJucr5wLWg5WVe8g1PAcczF8iOovtqO)Ua9mF(ESn)tOe8Rw4nOGUe8RwyYjkDj4xTyBvHaFm6sWVAHvtYidYC5pc(vlqgNQDv(JGF1ITvfIzorPlHo)gVKIEimLqGsumgeoFMGWrijZwc9u0TxW5qdbXlJXkb)QfDI8U0LG9juwjK4fbIvgmi4xTyB1o6syB1owjSiZvOCMYGqNiVlRewK5kuc)Fywsgmiy1l6zQLBvcOUNHG3ew09QwwjSTQqmZjkNPPYgBKYGqgddfONjlkcl6Ev7YkNPSsiSO7vTSsik3Qe2ih(LG3Oovtqi7Jhb1PAcc93fON5Z3JT5FcLW6)Povt0hREIKKa0hCkrji4xTyBvHyMtu6syBvHyMtuotLpo0iNW6)Povta(ZtKKek(t)qTaQ9)3kb)QfEdkOlbVbfeAf5YQLqNFJxsrpeMsiqjkgdcEtyr3RAzLW2QcXmNOCMkFCOrodgmiGH2(YB6cKtLUeCeHf94COHGXNuTO7vTlNYjGWiGJ7NV439mm4CGvcEtyr3RAzLW2QcXmNOCMMkBSrkdcHfDVQLvcBRke4JrivUuChXLGF1cKXPAxLUe8Rw4nOGUe68B8sk6HWucbkrXi4xTWQjzKbzU8hbVrDQMGq2hpcQt1ee6VlqpZNVhBZ)ekbtorxw5mLGd7Zwmge8RwyYjkDj4xTyBvHyMtu6sik3Qe2ih(LWZrZbJOmDj4xTyBvHaFm6syBvHyMtuottLn2iLbHEk62l4COHG4LXyLGF1IorEx6sW(ekRes8IaXkdge8RwSTAhDjSTAhRewK5kuotzqOtK3LvclYCfkH)pmljdgeS6f9m1YTkbu3ZqO8HZZvdoLq(ydbm02xEtxGCQ0Lq3t8SSYzklvkEPsXt24qZGSr8gCGuEkHSboLZsLIxQu8Kno0miBeVbhiLNsiBGZrwQu8sLINSXHMbzJ4n4aP8uczdmiKXWqb6zYIIWIUx1USYGGJiSOhNdnem(KQfDVQD5mLacJaoUF(oFXNV93fiNkdgeCYz6qtdds

Thanks, I'm at work at the moment so can't SS settings yet but I'll try import yours and see what the deal is. The only thing different in the trigger between that aura and the others is that I had to use the full scan with the Spell ID to show it up otherwise it just showed the duration of the stacks which is my other EB aura.

I grabbed this new UI last night and copied my WA saved variables into my interface folder. I haven't changed the auras before on my old UI and it never had this issue. Do any known addons conflict with WA display?

The borders on the icons have a square and graduated effect, not one that the default UI provides.
    There are no skins that I am aware of that would skin those icons like Masque does for buttons, so it is likely a graphics replacement.
    I would think CleanIcons Square @ wowinterface.
    Seems during the process some icons come out with glitches.

Try getting one of the 5.2 builds and copying the icon across from there.

Interface\Icons\Ability_Monk_ElusiveAle.blp

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7774&aid=72984 or
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...7774&aid=70380 for the two last 5.2 builds.

You can copy it across while wow is running I would expect, but I am not sure if a reload of the UI would be sufficient to make it show up.
    Try that, or exiting and restarting the client.

Ah yes I do use CleanIcons Square actually - I never though it would be outdated but then again it doesn't show on the Curse updater (why would it) - I guess that's probably where my problem lies. I strangely never even contemplated this, thanks a bunch, I'll check it tonight!

With it being a graphics replacement it is not in the usual location for addons, especially not having any lua code or functional addon part.
    Seems to be something the curse client is not designed to handle.

Yeh I just presumed it wouldn't get an update as very few new icons are introduced each patch but I guess this could be the issue. I hope it is anyway!

It is a very time-consuming process for the author, hence the irregular updates.
    In another thread a Photoshop plugin which when supporting they features they want they stated as being able to "save them days" when updating icons.

Updated my Clean Icons to 5.3 and it's still happening with every new aura I make. Here's the string for my Brewmaster aura bar. Please can someone see if it's a WA thing or if I should just get rid of Clean Icons?

http://pastebin.com/zXSvWmXt

Best way to tell if it is a Clean Icons issue is to delete the stated file.
    Then start the client again, and it will be using the in-game default.
    If it is using the icon I think it is, then it will likely be the default appearance with the curved corners and thick border.
    At least if that appears correctly colour-wise then that will narrow down the causes.

Deleted
    It's not the icon (I checked). The icon is appearing behind the group background. Changing the strata should fix it.

Imported the string and the icon was dark for me too, but when I re-opened and closed the WeakAuras options it got light again. No clue why!

Ok finally got a chance to check your string you posted. If you haven't already fixed it, the problem was as Panacia said, the Inherited frame strata for that icon/ability is lower for some reason. Go into that specific aura and all the way at the bottom of the display settings, you can change the strata to medium or high.

For reference if anyone is interested in identifying the icon used by anything.
    Go to wowhead, find the associated item/spell etc and click the image of the icon.
    Produces a popup which tells you the icon name.

Ah nice changed strata to high and it works! I just presumed as they were all "Inherited" that it shouldn't really have changed anything. Thanks for helping me out guys, it was only a niggling problem, but anyone who loves UIs will know how frustrating things like that are.