Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

New Battlegrounds - Why People Don't Like Them

Many people dislike the new bgs(silvershard, temple, and dwg). How can we change them? What are your suggestions?

Problem with Silvershard Mines:

First the Map has huge rng, it is very random on which cap might cart, which is just spawning and etc. Second, lava is closer to the Horde, and it caps faster then north does.

How to fix it:
    We need to make the rng go away, have a fixed time when they all will come out. Second make lava cart father back, like north is, have them cap at the same time. Lets a bridge like water has over the lava(wouldn't it be awesome to fall into lava if you fall off?).

Problem with Temple of Kotmogu:

The problem with this map is another rng, the resurrection time. You can lose just by having bad luck of split ressing. There is even a random delay of ressing.

How to fix it:

Lets fix reduce the res time from 45 seconds to 25 seconds. This will help the split ressing, you will not have to wait long for the split ress and it will fix a majority of it. Another thing is that can be done is stop the random delay of ressing, make the resurrection more transparent. Also make it trackable by addons, let people be able to know even when you are dead know when people are ressing.

What do you think about these changes? Good bad?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    It's not pve, so of course theres some rng. Seems to me that people dislike anything if it's new
    Last edited by mmoc9725088499; 2013-08-08 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    It's not pve, so of course theres some rng. Seems to me that people dislike anything if it's new
    Tell me the rng in any of the other maps? Wsg,twin peaks,ab, and bog do not any almost any rng(besides res timers and power spawns), rng is not good in pvp, not when you are trying to test skill.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Personally, because we have too many as it is anyway.

I know more battlegrounds means a lower percentile chance of getting one you dislike, and along with that, you can blacklist two you don't wish to join, I just feel that some of the older ones could just be closed down, or be given a refreshing new feel.

Imagine if they removed Alterac Valley from the PvP Circuit, and made it into a World PvP Zone, that had all the features of the older version, where summoning the bosses was a genuine tactic, and the endless swarm due to no reinforcements made it feel like a real war, rather then a 20 minute scuffle in the snow.

As new content emerges, older content tends to fade away, or is redesigned years later to be more exciting. We've seen this a lot with Dungeons, Quests, Zones and more. Sadly, this hasn't happened with Battlegrounds, so adding more is always a pain in the ass, when we ones we know and love, already have so many faults.

Saying that "RNG" determines your res time is just stupid. every map has a res time. Stop making stupid excuses as to why you lost. 25 second res timers would be absolute chaos. Keep track of the res timers. If someone dies, ask what the time is, if its less than 10 seconds, let yourself die, if not, keep fighting, its a fairly simple concept..

people don't like mines because its 100% based on team comp, it has nothing to do with skill. The more mages and druids you have, the more you will win on that map. typhoon + mage snares are too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Imagine if they removed Alterac Valley from the PvP Circuit, and made it into a World PvP Zone, that had all the features of the older version, where summoning the bosses was a genuine tactic, and the endless swarm due to no reinforcements made it feel like a real war, rather then a 20 minute scuffle in the snow.
    Would have to be a no-fly zone to work. But aside from that it could be pretty awesome. I miss the never-ending battles of old, it wasn't about winning, it wasn't about losing, it was about getting rid of the Alliance filth that dared get in our way. =)

I dislike the idea of random battleground being so rewarding, to the point of that it's nearly useless to sign to a specific battleground you might prefer. I understand it's to keep queue times as low as possible and also to make use of all of their created battlegrounds, but they are just becoming too many and there's far more than two that I would like to blacklist.

As for the OP, I'm all for changes that might reduce the RNG'ness of battlegrounds. I like some kinds such as potential fire traps, pit holes and the like (which WoW sadly is still lacking), but the issues you are describing would nice to solve. I doubt Blizzard will make any changes to them though, as we have seen with AV they are very hesitant in actually changing the Battlegrounds after their release. (Speaking of fixing AV, tuning it back to what it once was, Blizzard's response is that they would rather try and make a new awesome big battleground than fix an old broken one. I doubt that day ever comes.)

I like the new battlegrounds.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People don't like change, and most of them seem to have issues with learning new tactics, The amount of folk who don't know how to play them is crazy=/
    Oh, and I like them^^

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I love SSM, and Kotmogu is fun, and the brand new one - all are better than the Cata ones, or strand or isle.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I like the design and idea behind the new bgs, but I cant make myself to do anything pug-related.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should retire some of the battlegrounds. we already have too many, as for the outcome Blizzard can decide to let Alliance or Horde win some BGs or end it in a stalemate. with the death of Garrosh for example we can see some peace in ashenvale (thus peace between the Sentinels and the Warsong.) etc etc.

this makes new BGs too feel fresher IMO.

I think they're both good fun bgs.

IMHO-

Best:

WSG and AB

Good:

Twin Peaks, Gilneas

Decent:

ToK, EOTS, SSM

Garbage:

AV, IOC, SOTA, DWG

Apparently, I dislike "PvE" BG's where the focus is on NPC's/vehicles. AV needs some serious updating, and it could be a middle of the road contender again, despite being so PvE-centric. There is no hope for IOC and SOTA, those are my 2 blacklists. DWG is just...I don't know really, I just hate it. I can't really explain why, other than I don't like the feel of it and there's nothing they can do to fix it. It's a 99.9% loss as Alliance, as well.

What I'd really like to see is a deathmatch BG, a king of the hill type. Give each side a certain number of tickets (spawns), but don't subtract ticket when a player is res'd by another player, and then add in various capture points.

I love all of the new MoP BGs :/

The temple and gorge are my favorite RBG maps.

I like the idea of silvershard but in practice it just becomes an AoE CC contest. I absolutely detest that BG.

But 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    New bgs are awesome because they actually force you to fight enemies for objectives rather than sitting there doing nothing at objectives like the majority of the older bgs.

I hate kotmogu, and cart running in dwg irks me since certain abilities are useless for running carts but others are not; imo no sprint, roll, dash etc, should mean no heroic leap, leap of faith, or displacer beast.

Kotmogu is always a landslide victory. Either you're owning or you're getting owned. Carrying orbs is an annoying task since in pvp dying=bad and carrying an orb=guaranteed death.

As for silvershard, it can be fun and I've had plenty of close games. I wouldn't want to do it over and over again but there is a lot of pvp action that happens in this bg.

As for the rest, I will never tire of WSG or AB despite that I have been playing since vanilla they are still the best BG's. Twin peaks is pretty good because it is CTF but I find the map can be particuliarly annoying. it took me a long time to get on board but I also don't mind eots. Gilneas is garbage, the graveyard system is out of whack and 3 bases for that type of BG is just not enough. AV is a shadow of its former self and sota and ioc can both go diaf, vehicles don't belong in pvp.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2013-08-08 at 06:53 PM.

honestly didnt know the new bgs were hated, i like them!!! All those pve bgs need to gtfo like AV and IoC they are on the perm-blacklist

I couldn't tell you seeing as I really like the new BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Personally, because we have too many as it is anyway.
    Huh? More BGs are a good thing! They get pretty damn repetitive after a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    cart running in dwg irks me since certain abilities are useless for running carts but others are not; imo no sprint, roll, dash etc, should mean no heroic leap, leap of faith, or displacer beast.
    This part I DO agree with. Seems like a silly oversight to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me my beloved Alterac Valley back Blizzard and I am happy beyond anything

Yes, I also dislike the rng-ness of Temple of Kotmogu & that Deepwind Gorge is relatively large for a 15vs15.