Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So what about G600 firmware? Is it still not flashable or new units get the newest firmware and its flashable? A lot of ppl having mouse movement issues and mouse pointer delay problems, the g-shift button migth be nice, but some ppl say it's hard to press other say its the same as left and right and u might miss click it, also it's mutch wigder because of it and is the 12 button grid easy to press? Is it hard to reach 10 11 12 buttons? I had original Nagal for like a 2year now and I use all the 12 button when i play, so its very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MK89 View Post
    So what about G600 firmware? Is it still not flashable or new units get the newest firmware and its flashable? A lot of ppl having mouse movement issues and mouse pointer delay problems, the g-shift button migth be nice, but some ppl say it's hard to press other say its the same as left and right and u might miss click it, also it's mutch wigder because of it and is the 12 button grid easy to press? Is it hard to reach 10 11 12 buttons? I had original Nagal for like a 2year now and I use all the 12 button when i play, so its very important to me.
    Before my g600 i was using a CM spawn mouse that had a rest area for my ring finger, like where the g shift button is, and even if im used to resting my finger there i never accidentally press the gshift button on my g600. You can unbind the gshift button on the software.

I can easily press all 12 button in combat (i dont bind main rotation abilites on mouse though), if u can do it on the naga i don't see why its not easier on g600, coz there are contours, so much easier to tell where your thumb is placed.

I have the earlier g600 the unflashable one and i never have any movement problems or delay. All i know is that there's an issue if you are saving your profiles on the mouse and not on the computer it makes the mouse buggy, i have my profiles saved on my computer that's why i never had problems.

Deleted
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am on the verge of buying a new mouse and I am torn between these 2. I never had an MMO mouse before so I am not biased against either. My main problem is that I have very small hands and am not sure which one would be suitable. Someone (maybe Bigbazz) could tell me which one would be better for smaller hands? Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga is the best mouse I've ever had, never broken on me and I've had it for quite a long time now.

Found the size of it strange at first, but you get used to it really quick and I love it's design now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Naga and would never use anything else.

But go with the Logitech. I'm on my 4th Naga in the past three years due to legacy issues with tracking and the buttons getting "stuck". If you look at the second page of this thread you'll see a link I posted to a mini-writeup I did on the g600 in Summer 2012. G600 does pretty much everything the Naga does, with the biggest difference being that while I've never had trouble with Logitech products, Razer items tend to have a lifespan of around 10 months for me.

The Naga has interchangeable side panels to adjust the physical size of the mouse, but from my experience with the g600 last summer I found the keypad on the thumb a little too small for my big hands. If you have small hands, it may actually work out better for you.

Worst case, if you have a Best Buy nearby, they have about a two-week no-questions-asked return policy so you can do what I did (provided they stock both mice). Buy one, try it out, and if it doesn't suit you, try the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    how is logitech allowed to basically copy razer naga's design?
    It's not a design, it's a location of buttons, just like Razer copied the original mouse when they located their mouse1 and mouse2 buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Naga's are plagued with the right and left trigger mouses screwing up so on that note I would never suggest to anyone on purchasing one until they fix it. On my second one in 4 years . With the first Naga, the right trigger stopped working because the they use a cheap plastic trigger that gets worn down with wear. You can do a temp. fix with hot glue to re-add the depth needed so the trigger can hit the right button on the mobo again but stops working after a while.

Now my current Naga is starting to have the same right trigger problem. The left button is also having the same common issue where it double clicks, you can't drag and highlight anything because it releases. The mouse does a lot of random shit like randomly highlighting everything or a single paragraph/sentence. If your Naga ever makes it to 1-2 years EXPECT these problems to arise. My eldest brothers Naga is currently doing the same thing. Its all too common among guildies and friends.

Its too bad because I found the button and mouse more comfortable then the G600 but the mouse is cheaply made, probably on purpose to keep people buying. Try the G600
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Now my current Naga is starting to have the same right trigger problem. The left button is also having the same common issue where it double clicks, you can't drag and highlight anything because it releases. The mouse does a lot of random shit like randomly highlighting everything or a single paragraph/sentence. If your Naga ever makes it to 1-2 years EXPECT these problems to arise. My eldest brothers Naga is currently doing the same thing. Its all too common among guildies and friends.
    If you on the verge of replacing your mouse you should try the double click fix. Theres a software fix using a autohotkey to make your computer immune to super fast double clicks (google the scrips and set it around 50-90ms) and there's the actual fix where you open your mouse with a phillips screwdriver.

There are guides on youtube how to do the actual fix, i did it before with my old mouse i just opened it up and popped something back out and removed the dust and the clicking got good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDepressedOne View Post
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am on the verge of buying a new mouse and I am torn between these 2. I never had an MMO mouse before so I am not biased against either. My main problem is that I have very small hands and am not sure which one would be suitable. Someone (maybe Bigbazz) could tell me which one would be better for smaller hands? Thanks in advance!
    I'd comfortably recommend the 2014 Edition of the Naga. Very happy with it so far. I find it very comfortable to grip, and the overall feel and design is miles ahead of the previous editions, but that's just my opinion. The Logitech G600 is not bad, either. It's also a very good mouse, but since you have small hands, you'll probably prefer the Naga a bit more. You can adjust the LED color of the G600 to whatever you want as well, while the Naga 2014 has only one fixed color, which is green.

Comparing both companies' software implementations, the Logitech's one is better, IMO. It's not like I'm having any issues with Razer's Synapse software, either, it's just the Logitech Gaming Software feels better, although I'm digging the look of Synapse 2.0.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

So, I have a Naga Epic, Naga 2014 & the G600 these are the differences I've seen.

For the most part they both have about the same amount of buttons. And they all support on-the-fly DPI changing. On the Epic, the thumb buttons are flatter and much more contour to the body making it less wide and friendlier for any game type, not just MMO's, I use mine in CAL & TWL matches for CoD. Also, you have the option of wired/wireless by simply unplugging the cord and plugging it into the docking station. The Epic comes with interchangeable side rests so you can make the mouse narrower or wider with a longer or shorter contour. However the Epic lacks tilt functionality and is bit weighty, most likely due to the internal battery. On the 2014, the thumb buttons protrude a little more, are easier to click, and much sturdier side button design than both Epic and G600. Also there is now the benefit of side to side clicking on the mouse wheel with the 2014. 2014 can be a little more cumbersome in FPS games with accidental clicks on the thumb pad during intense moments. G600, has 12 side buttons, side to side wheel, 2 top buttons same as the nagas with the exception of the tilt wheel, absent on the naga epic. The buttons feel very cheaply made and everytime I press them it feels like I'm going to break them, and I'm a technician not a body builder, so with my weak hands it does scare me quite a bit. However, the G600 boasts a G-Shift (most logitech products like gamepads and flightsticks had the same "shift" feature under different names, but I really like the fact that they included it on this mouse.) function that could be mapped to any button on the mouse, but looking at the packaging it's visible that it was intended for the 2nd right click (ring finger) button. The GShift button can double the functionality of all the buttons on the mouse so it gives the G600 virtually twice as many buttons as the Nagas. The G600 is much more wide than either naga and the palm contour is not proportionate to the width making it more cumbersome to smaller hands. And, if playing fast games, FPS's for instance, accidental GShift clicks, if set to the default button, are a common and annoying occurrence.

Programming, Razer software is much more user friendly and has better flexibility especially when macroing. Simple/advanced interface & very easy right click profile switching. Make a profile assign it to the mouse and there it goes. On the other hand Logitech, it only comes with a installation manual, as if it took a whole lot of knowledge to plug in a USB. The profiling software must be downloaded from logitech, the manual bundled into the software is not very useful and it covers all their gaming mouses, it's not specific to the G600, only when it pertains to the G600 will it then be noted by parentheses(G600). This can be very confusing when you look at the manual and it tells you to go to the profile page click the "+" to create a new profile. However, the big confusion there, is the mouse is automatically set up to use it's *internal memory by default (will be covered here shortly), so in order to get the "+" to show you must click on "Automatic Game Detection" (which is not even listed in the manual, and unless you are tinkering with the program the only thing you see is a mouse & a computer, in which case both look like regular .gifs for the home screen of the program, but they are actually clickable to switch from internal to program localized profiling, and you must use one or the other you cannot use both.). But that was a rather major piece of information they forgot to add. But since the manual covers more than just the G600 they probably forgot it all together. Also you must open the whole program in order to switch singular (per game)profiles.

Aside from that, the G600 also sports onboard keymapping memory. Meaning, you can program this mouse on your main PC, with the software. Storing up to 3 main profiles + 1 Gshift profile per each main profile on the mouse, so technically 6 profiles. Then put it on another machine without the programming software and use the mouse just as you had programmed it on your other machine. In essence, a plug and play preprogrammed mouse. Which is a quite nifty feature.

So, I would look at your choices like this.

Naga Epic
    Expert handling of an MMO mouse. Smaller hands.: (I give this an expert rating due to the fact the button height is cut so low to the body it has the responsiveness and "gliding" to your next button effect of a touchscreen)
    If you want a flexible mouse for all game types with many buttons I would go with the Naga Epic, for those of you who don't like wireless remember it's a hybrid, plug in the USB and it's wired. For those who care about aesthetics, naga supports color cycling like G600 + a little more features. Although if that is relevant to you, I can glue some christmas lights on mouse and sell it to you for 25 bucks.

Naga 2014
    Experienced handling of an MMO mouse. Medium hands.:
    If you want the same as above but also want tilt wheel functionality and more defined button height, I would go with the Naga 2014. For those of you who play just as much FPS as anything else tilt wheel as an awesome bonus for quick weapon switching or quick melee or whatever, when hunkering yourself down in tournament mode.

Logitech G600
    Experienced/New to handling an MMO mouse. Large hands.:
    If you are pretty much a RPG/MMORPG fan through and through or just want to be able to map every single key on a standard keyboard to your mouse(yes it can be done on this mouse), then I would go with the G600. I would not recommend this for fast games as the ring finger 2nd right click is much to easy to accidentally click when moving it around.

They are all great choices, it just comes down to what type of functionality you want out of it. And if you're willing to take the time to get comfortable with it.

For myself I still love my Naga Epic more than anything. But that is just me. I know some have their gripes with both companies. But here's the reality, there will never be a perfect company or a perfect product. If I could make my own mouse it'd be the interchangeable body parts and size of the Naga Epic, mechanical buttons and tilt wheel of the Naga 2014, button functionality & GShift of the G600, but the programming software from Razer.
    Last edited by methodologyx; 2013-12-01 at 11:35 PM.

I generally find Logitech to have much better products than Razer.

I've had a Razer Naga 2009 since...well, 2009, and I've never had any issues with it being "too small" or "buttons too close together". Going to be getting a 2013 one for Christmas too, can't wait!

I'd say go with the Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by dudefellas View Post
    Razer is garbage.

i've had 2 nagas. They both broke in less than 3 months. No joke.
    Take better care of them? I've had my Naga for 4 years now, and never really had any (long-term) issues with it. Once in a while, the middle button would get a little un-sensitive, but it'd fix itself after about a week. That's the extent of the problems I've had with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dudefellas View Post
    UNLIKE SYNAPSE IT DOES NOT INVADE YOUR PRIVACY.
    ...What?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2013-12-01 at 07:26 PM.

Thumbs up Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I'd go for the Naga 2014. It's big, has mechanical buttons and I'm really digging the design of the mouse.
    The Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse is much better. It has the Shift+G which is the right right click, and it works as an alternate for any command or key on the keyboard you choose. It's bigger and bulkier than Naga, and I have a small hand and it feels very comfortable. The Buttons lite up to three different modes, and the scroll wheel can go up, down, and side to side. I personally recommend the Logitech G600 over Naga. Plus, Logitech has good mouses overall, so if you get a gaming mouse, it's great

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it ist easy ...

i had 2 broken nagas ( yeah, left click was broken after ~4months ) ... so they release a mouse with a click problem ? thats not quality ... this is just garbage.

So i bought the g-600 ~9 months ago ... absolutelly no problem since then ..

You kinda feel the quality when you buy the g-600.

I have been a proud owner of a naga and g600. Both are really good mouses as long as you don't happen along on a lemon which can happen with either.

Advantages of the 600 is a little bigger size. Buttons are shaped in a little different fashion. I find it better but that is all taste and opinion. It also feels a little heavier and more solid which is important to me. I tend to abuse mouses during games. I would say its biggest disadvantage outside of size (if you got tiny hands) is the simple fact of it not looking a pretty as the naga. If that is something that really matters to you then it does, no reason to not go with it if that is the case. I have had my 600 since about June 2012, and it still feels brand new. Clicks and tracking still great.

One of the advantages of the Naga is it is just an awesome looking mouse. Hands down pretty. It is just as functional as the 600. If your hands are smaller I would certainly go with the naga because its smaller. My one beef with the naga is it feels like you are holding a piece of art. Don't want to drop it or shake it to much. Not that it falls apart or anything. In fact, I had a naga for almost a year before it went bad, which is about average for me and mouses. When it finally went bad it was a weird tracking issue which just annoyed me. Also the buttons got super gunky no mater how much I cleaned them.

So what does it all boil down to? Bigger hands the 600 is likely your guy. Smaller it will be the Naga. If your hand fits comfortably around both then it boils down to style and how you like the thumb buttons. Put your hand on both and feel it. You won't be disappointed with either product.

The only thing I like more than my logitech mouse is my razer mouse. Once you get used to all the buttons on the naga, it's quite difficult to use something else.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I bought the Logitech G600, but unfortunately the right button has the double-click problem. So based on this experience, I don't recommend the G600[/URL]
    Ive had the same issue on both my g700 and razer naga. This is because both companies use the same leaf spring, there is a fix for it but it requires you opening a mouse.
    http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=594646

Edit: Also does anyone else ever experienced having vibration issues with razer mice? Every time I had music on, not very loud, just comfortable listening level, my cursor would vibrate on the screen, this was my main reason to switch to logitech.
    Last edited by Niley; 2013-12-25 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga's have a double-click problem. After about 10-12 months of use the plastic that clicks on the trigger gets worn out and your mouse starts double clicking, so you need to find a fix. I usually just cut the plastic off, turn it around and glue it :P. Next time my naga breaks i'm going to get the G600, maybe it's gonna last longer...

I have chance to try out Naga ans G600 And tbh I didn't like any of them. I just cba to remember all buttons :P

Anyway G600 was better bigger, since I am used to Logitech G500 and MX518. Naga was somehow small for my hand

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used my Naga for almost 3 years now, and it's worked fine up until recently, where sometimes the scroll click won't work, but that's a non-issue, since I can just map it to another button. If I were to get another mouse, it would be the new Naga.
    Currently Procrastinating