Bad gear and hastebreakponts

Hi everyone,

I'm a recently dinged 90 mage, who's struggling in understanding exactly how the stat prioritization works. I'm currently playing frost due to my gear being too shitty to start playing with the fire. (As this is my first post, I'm not allowed to post links - Djoonam (Stormscale EU)

I find myself in a situation, where everyone tells me to stack haste, like - infinite amounts of haste. I've read guides to some extent, but finding Akraen's (Haste caps & you) to be the best.

From the guide I took carefully note of this statement: "That number is your new haste cap. Now find the next highest number, [example: 13944] This is your next cap to reach upon gathering more gear. Until this cap is attainable, your stat priority is now: Intellect > Mastery > Haste Once that next step is reachable, the priority flips back to: Haste > Intellect > Mastery"

Given my current gear, I'm able to reach 35.77% haste rating, which equals to around 8600 haste rating, and therefor I'm off 900 rating until the next +1 tick from LB. My question is: Is it worth going for all that haste, when I'm not able to attain the 9522 just now or should I regem it all to intellect? Should I perhaps be using NT as that scales at 6343?

Depending on the answer above, should I then be using the glyphed IV or not?

- I know my bracers ain't enchanted, I'm just hoping to upgrade them in the very near future.

Thanks for your time helping. (I actually tried my best to find the answers myself, but SimC wouldn't work and none of the high-end raiders in my region had the time/were online.

sitting at ur 503 itlvl id say stay intell build until ur able reach the 12684 haste break for NT, I found this worked the best for me I pulled great numbers as intell/frost at the start of ToT, and yes when u make the switch to a full haste build NT is the best choice. never use frost bomb which is what it shows u have on armory, the only time its good for anything is if u pet nova the bats on tortos before the bomb blows, but as a mage you should never be on the bats anyway, NT tortos and turtles, then when u can just switch to fire(frost QQ starts now)

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    sitting at ur 503 itlvl id say stay intell build until ur able reach the 12684 haste break for NT, I found this worked the best for me I pulled great numbers as intell/frost at the start of ToT, and yes when u make the switch to a full haste build NT is the best choice. never use frost bomb which is what it shows u have on armory, the only time its good for anything is if u pet nova the bats on tortos before the bomb blows, but as a mage you should never be on the bats anyway, NT tortos and turtles, then when u can just switch to fire(frost QQ starts now)
    Why QQ? That is pretty much correct, don't go full haste till you have a decent amount of gear and go fire once you have the crit or . There is no real magic number so you kinda just have to feel it out but getting 2 rppm trinkets allows you to go full haste much sooner

Until 5.4, you should never prioritize Mastery over Int or Haste. The priority is more like:

1. Allocate enough haste to get an extra tick if possible
    2. If no RPPM trinkets, Int > Haste. Otherwise Haste > Int.

You have no RPPMs, so ideally you would maximize Int and try to get 37.5% haste ASAP. Personally I wouldn't bother regemming to Int since you'd likely need the Haste fairly soon.

Mastery is never above haste for frost. Maybe once you are hard capping your frostbolt, but never before that.

Until you get good RPPM trinkets, and probably the legendary meta, I would gem int > haste > crit to cap > mastery > crit.

Akrean post is an interesting idea, but it's target audience is extremely well geared frost mages with a ton of experience playing Frost in a mid to high tier raiding environment. As a new 90, this doesn't particularly apply to you.

Thanks - I'll try to gem it out differently then. As for the Frost-bomb, I was using it for a Challenge mode :-)

Thanks a ton guys!