Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I will go with the first setup, I'm just wondering how hard it is to put these new parts in. My next computer is goin to be a custom built one so I need to start somewhere. Is it wise to just try it myself.

Is it as temperamental as I thin, as in my head I seem to think one wrong touch can break everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CerkieGaming View Post
    I will go with the first setup, I'm just wondering how hard it is to put these new parts in. My next computer is goin to be a custom built one so I need to start somewhere. Is it wise to just try it myself.

Is it as temperamental as I thin, as in my head I seem to think one wrong touch can break everything.
    It's really pretty simple. I suggest you to watch this video to get an idea of what you'll need to do.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    The second one has a new graphics card tbh, and the board isn't Z77 but H77.
    So it does, but honestly I think OP could make do with his current one til he can get a new one. A cpu would be the best upgrade out of the lot, he wouldn't need to replace the cpu in a few months time again.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like computer lego, if it doesn't fit then dont force it or you'll break something, if it fits you're good. Either way there are plenty of videos you can watch and use as a guide.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So it does, but honestly I think OP could make do with his current one til he can get a new one. A cpu would be the best upgrade out of the lot, he wouldn't need to replace the cpu in a few months time again.
    Nothing will change in a few months time, he wouldn't need to replace anything. Haswell is a 10% performance increase at best, not worth going for the upgrade.
    His next upgrade will probably be Skylake + DDR4 either way.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

The case from the build OP linked seems to be Cooler Master Elite 310. I'm not sure if bigger CPU coolers can fit inside. It's only 191 mm wide.

edit: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/uplo...les/Manual.pdf
    states that CPU cooler shouldn't exceed 150mm
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    I'm looking at going for #1 I was just wondering if I want to add a Nvida card later could I, and as procne stated what if the cooler is too big for the case :S

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    The case from the build OP linked seems to be Cooler Master Elite 310. I'm not sure if bigger CPU coolers can fit inside. It's only 191 mm wide.

edit: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/uplo...les/Manual.pdf
    states that CPU cooler shouldn't exceed 150mm
    To be honest that seems to be incorrect info from Coolermaster.

Yeah, seems like it. Another page gives bigger numbers: http://www.coolermaster.com/product/...elite-310.html
    (spec tab)
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Ok great, so if I order them parts I will be able to just put them in, also do I need thermal paste as well or is it already applied on the Cooler

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Yeah, seems like it. Another page gives bigger numbers: http://www.coolermaster.com/product/...elite-310.html
    (spec tab)
    Should I just open it up and measure it myself?

Ok great, so if I order them parts I will be able to just put them in, also do I need thermal paste as well or is it already applied on the Cooler

- - - Updated - - -

Should I just open it up and measure it myself?
    It's either applied on the cooler already or comes with it, usually the second one. And no, size is fine.

Deleted
    Before I go ahead and order it all, I was wondering how much of an improvement will it make on my current system, a percentage estimate would be good or a FPS in game estimate.

On ultra In stormwind on wow I was usually around 40 FPS, and on tera I range from 10-30 FPS on low settings. (Battlegrounds it stutters bad and that's on low)

On ultra In stormwind on wow I was usually around 40 FPS, and on tera I range from 10-30 FPS on low settings. (Battlegrounds it stutters bad and that's on low)
    If that's the case it seems as I underestimated GPU power needed on TERA and that means you're probably better off with the second setup I posted.
    With that you're looking at double GPU power in GPU-limited scenarios and about 30% increased CPU power for CPU-limited scenarios.

Deleted
    If that's the case it seems as I underestimated GPU power needed on TERA and that means you're probably better off with the second setup I posted.
    With that you're looking at double GPU power in GPU-limited scenarios and about 30% increased CPU power for CPU-limited scenarios.
    I've just tried altering the graphics settings and it doesn't matter if I have them maxed or low, it stays the same and it gets worse with more people on my screen. I don't know if that is cause of the CPU or GPU.

Also I will be able to spend around another £100-200 next month on a graphics card so not sure if that makes it better to go with the first or second option.

I've just tried altering the graphics settings and it doesn't matter if I have them maxed or low, it stays the same and it gets worse with more people on my screen. I don't know if that is cause of the CPU or GPU.

Also I will be able to spend around another £100-200 next month on a graphics card so not sure if that makes it better to go with the first or second option.
    With those informations provided, definitely first solution then. You're looking at about 60-70% CPU performance increase.

Cards you should be considering, depending on your budget, should be the 650 ti boost, the 660 and the 760.

Deleted
    I will be going for the 660 I think, also when I do get a new graphics card will my power supply be efficient? also in a month or two I will be buying a SSD what would you recommend?

I will be going for the 660 I think, also when I do get a new graphics card will my power supply be efficient? also in a month or two I will be buying a SSD what would you recommend?
    I... Can't seem to find the 12V rail amperage anywhere. Any chances you have it written on the PSU or on something that came with your PC? You need 24A on the 12V rail to be able to power up that card.
    The Samsung 840 (non-pro, since pro only has higher write speeds which are largely useless in everyday usage) is one of the most reliable and quality drives out there.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-08-10 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    I... Can't seem to find the 12V rail amperage anywhere. Any chances you have it written on the PSU or on something that came with your PC? You need 24A on the 12V rail to be able to power up that card.
    The Samsung 840 (non-pro, since pro only has higher write speeds which are largely useless in everyday usage) is one of the most reliable and quality drives out there.
    I think this is my current power supply

http://www.micro-logic.com/power-sup...785893118.html

Edit: I opened up my computer and got the make and this is the power supply I'm using
    Last edited by mmoc40dbe8f16e; 2013-08-10 at 11:00 AM.

Since I can't find specifications about that pwoer supply anywhere, open up your PC again (sigh) and copy the informations on the side of the PSU, just as seen in the image below (circled in red).

Deleted
    This is the only information on there so I hope it's right

AC input: 230v / 50 Hz / 3A
    DC output: +3.3v / +5v / +12v / +5svb / total power
    Max output current: 17A / 25A / 25A / 0.5 / 2.0A / 550W

Yeah a 660 is probably going to be fine on that PSU.