Poll: Poll

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No, but it does happen quite a lot, but generally for all the wrong reasons.

Taking just a quick look online at how most people act, they seem to believe that by being nice to a girl, she should almost be obligated to have sex with them. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume a lot of guys think the same way, which quite frankly, is stupid.
    Conversely, it's difficult for a guy to do something nice for a girl without her getting the wrong idea. You can't even flirt anymore without a girl thinking she's the new leading lady in a chick flick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Not that this is exactly corresponding to the OP's scenario, but I'm just going to talk about my own example. As a gay guy, I've always eventually developed romantic feelings for my best friends (male) at the time.

I mean think about it. The reason two guys become best friends is if they spend a lot of time together, trust each other, have a lot of common interests, have a lot they feel they can talk about to each other, etc. Now those characteristics are also pretty much what you need to fall in love with someone. So yeah, at least when it comes to male-male best friends, if even one of them is gay (judging purely from personal experience), romantic feelings will develop.

Inevitable? No

Likely? If both of them have sexual impulses toward the other, probably. If only of them does, probably not unless it is the girl as most guys are very DTF if you catch them at the right moment (not all but most) while women tend to not change that opinion at all unless they are hurt and vulnerable and most "actual" friends would not swoop in like a scavenger and try to rebound them.

If they are both drinking partners? It is only a matter of time. Enough alcohol and looks, pasts, attitudes, all that goes out the window if they are in the mood.

No. I have had many female friends over the years and never became romantically involved with any of them. Why would it be inevitable?

Deleted
    It's possible, but it's definitely not guaranteed to happen. In most cases it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    No, don't be a fool. It only goes forward if you want it to. Nothing more.
    Going to have to go with this. I have a couple of female friends who I would never get romantically involved with, not in a million years. Not that they're ugly or anything, but I just don't think of them that way.