Deleted

[Theory] The Path of the ShaoHao movies are forshadowing

Something just occured to me. The Path of ShaoHao might sound like some very fun video's. But actually it might be the forshadowing for the burning legion invasion.

let's look at what happened so far :

Chapter one : Doubt
    Chapter two : Despair
    Chapter Three : Fear

These are 3 of the many sha we have defeated so far and so did Shaohao and he is now ready to look unto the next event The Burning Legion. Thus, first we get our Pandarian adventures to then see the Burning Legion and us assembling an army.

I think besides the ShaoHao video's being very fun that they might just be some foreshadowing on what to come. After Pandaria and the Sha come the Burning Legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just meant to be the expansion wrap-up like how Blizz released a bunch of short stories regarding the ending of Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely foreshadowing the Legion invasion. Although foreshadow might be too soft a term. The entire adventure was prompted by visions Shaohao was told of the Legion's arrival - this is made pretty clear in the prologue video.

Think you missed the point where the story takes place 10,000 years ago in the timeline and every episode concern a certain burden the emperor has to face. The burning legion is a setting, but not the point. I tend to see many posts saying "it's illidan!" in the fear episode. How absurd..

10+ Year Old Account
    Those videos take place 10,000 years ago...

This story of Shao-Hao happened 10,000 years ago. The Burning Legion attack that it's talking about already happened in lore.
    So no, this isn't foreshadowing anything, just telling a story from the past.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means the fact they're releasing it parallels what's going on in our time. And like Shao Hao's journey, ours ends in the return of the Legion.

Which means it's a huge stretch.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    It's not the point it was 10.000 years ago though. There is a -reason- they have decided to turn this story into machinima and not some other story and history might be repeating itself now we are battling the same sha as ShaoHao did.

Well Wrathion hint towards a burning legion expansion, but , really. We all know it's coming someday.
    The heroes of azeroth did not overcome their emotions, they just killed it and destroyed pandaria.
    They turned this story because it's the main theme of the expansion, and it's a great teaser for patch 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I feel the main reason for the short stories is to introduce shao hao's struggle with his pride, and also to give a better insight into pre-existing lore.

The Burdens of Shaohao base off a story that's already in game, it's not anything new. It all happened 10,000 years ago anyway.