Calling out all Heroic 25m Raiders that have killed Heroic Lei Shen!!

All you priests need some tips for this fight, are there any neat tricks you do (talking about survival during transitions, just maximizing your healing or your dps as shadow!)

How are you disc priests solo soaking static shock?
    What abilities / glyphs talents are you using?

All help is appreciated thanks!

Disc priest don't solo soak static shock... you go stack in middle and everybody soak with you with cooldowns. One thing for sure, disc alone on his platform in transition is risky, it's really rough for a disc to solo heal that, I was with a resto shaman and it was a joke, but then again we had a lot of people on the platform in both transitions so it depends on your stat.

Flash Heal is probably your best tool there.

In P1, try to Spirit Shell thunderstrucks as much as you can, I use Divine Star so I can dps through balls of lightning in P2 and heal the group, and in P3 you'll most likely be just spamming PW: Shield.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Personally as Disc I like Halo for Thunderstruck and Ball Lightning (I'm usually standing out for BL) and it's pretty solid for the last phase also.

As Spotnick said... Healing Priests don't solo soak Static Shock (set your groups up so you have groups of solo soakers and non solo soakers).

I prefer Binding Heal over flash heal in most cases during the transitions.

If your group doesn't have a Warlock portal during the transitions be sure to make use of Leap of Faith, it is WONDERFUL. If you do this... Be sure you are tracking Helm of Command on your raid frames and hotkey LoF.

Talents that I prefer as Disc/Holy;

Void Tendrils - Helpful if you spawn an add during a transition.

Body and Soul - A LOT of Priests prefer Feathers here, but I find B&S to be more beneficial in the last phase as I end up bubble spamming for a lot of it as disc.

Solace (as Disc)/Mindbender (as Holy) - No brainer this tier.

Angelic Bulwark - Another talent that Priests are split on. A lot like to use Desperate Prayer to heal up after a Static Shock... I like to use Angelic Bulwark to give myself a little extra buffer when a Static Shock/Thunderstruck HITS.

Twist of Fate (Disc)/Divine Insight (Holy) - Divine Insight as Holy is an obvious choice with the 2 piece set bonus. As Disc it's not so clear cut. Both Power Infusion and Twist of Fate are both viable. Power Infusion is better if you're trying to get as much Spirit Shell out as possible, but I don't find much use for SS in the last phase so I forgo PI for ToF. With the constant adds with a small a mount of health, the high amount of raid damage, and the relatively long amount of time the boss is in the execute range... I find ToF to have a VERY significant uptime.

Halo - Already said why I prefer Halo. That being said, depending on your positioning, both Halo and Divine Star can be very excellent tools for Lei Shen.

Glyphs that I prefer as Disc/Holy;

Glyph of Binding Heal (both Holy and Disc) - EXTREMELY powerful for the transitions. This glyph is my best friend during the Lei Shen fights as the transitions are really the only part the will most likely consistently give you trouble.

Glyph of Penance (Disc) - With mana being the way it is for Disc, I really don't ever take this off. I dig it for the last phase. Healing on the run is always nice.

Glyph of Inner Sanctum (Disc) - 6% less spell damage... Not really many other choices here for Disc.

Glyph of Lightspring (Holy) - I haven't removed this all tier.

Glyph of Lightwell (Holy) - The two extra charges can be nice in the last phase... However... Lately my mana as Holy has been pretty solid so I've been swapping this out with the CoH glyph on farm Content that I used to use the Lightwell glyph on (Lei Shen).
    Last edited by fixall; 2013-08-08 at 10:08 PM.

The problem with body and soul is that it cancels the speed boost of some classes and they will hate you forever if you shielded them prior to helm of command, while feathers don't have that problem.

So use at your own risk.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    We run Disc+Holy (me) and both go with Halo. It's very powerful and perfect on the Thunderstruck timers in first ph. Just stay at best range for it, I kind of run in the middle of ranged and melee spot as it hits. To make sure we dont "overwrite" Halos; I use it emmediatly after Thunderstruck and our Disc use it as the raid moves between conducts.

Not so sure it's the best talent for last phase though, and tbh that's when it really matters... So if you like Star or even Cascade, go with it. HPS numbers during the first phase is pretty meaningless anyway as you learn it properly.

If you don't have a portal in your corner for Helm, I recommend Feathers or Darkwater Potions (runspeed). You should be able to make it with B&S if you stand near middle, but it's too unreliable if you need to go for a soak right before Helm etc. Those pots saved me a few times;P Me and the Disc both heal the group of ppl who can not solo soak, aka we stack for every crash and heal it up and use PW:B when suitable as the other 3 groups solo soak mostly with 1 healer in their ringside. I heal with PoH, CoH and DI/PoM's mostly since we have a full group to heal+Disc that spotheals well. Don't forget LW here; it can be very useful as ppl often drop below 50% after soaking.

During the last phase your own judgement need to play a big part of deciding when to use Halo (or other); after or before Thunderstrucks depending on the raids HP, if they will survive a Thunderstruck or not. I find CoH glyph to be the best here as you need to do quite a bit of running. I also use Lightspring glyphs now that I don't feel I need the 6% dmg reduction, and BH glyph absolutly is sweet especially if your RL wont sort groups after conduct placement.

I'm not really sure exactly what you are wondering about though... Description of the whole fight is probably not what you're looking for, there are great videos out there. Believe it or not, the fight will get really easy once everyone learns how not to make any mistakes... hehe It takes most guilds a lot of tries to get there though, so be prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I use Divine Star so I can dps through balls of lightning in P2 and heal the group, and in P3 you'll most likely be just spamming PW: Shield.
    I'm fairly sure halo does more damage to ball lightning, I can't be bothered to look at logs to check but my halo does over 1 mil damage per cast. You need to pre-cast it though, around 1-2 seconds before ball lightning spawns (this is if you're standing in melee). Interestingly enough I found that if my halo actually completely disappeared a second or so before ball lightning actually spawned was when it did the most damage, and also shielded our soakers very well.

Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    If your group doesn't have a Warlock portal during the transitions be sure to make use of Leap of Faith, it is WONDERFUL. If you do this... Be sure you are tracking Helm of Command on your raid frames and hotkey LoF.
    Track helm of command regardless. They take a lot of damage, they will need a shield, possibly a penance, and maybe another heal if you're solo healing. If you're already tracking it and aware of who has it, it also makes you much faster to react if someone suddenly screams that they need a grip (it will happen at some point). For this reason I also always face the corner of the platform whenever possible, and I also stand closest to the front of the platform.

Body and Soul - A LOT of Priests prefer Feathers here, but I find B&S to be more beneficial in the last phase as I end up bubble spamming for a lot of it as disc.
    My preference for this depends on strat. If you don't have a lock portal, definitely use feathers, and pre-cast them. If you do have a lock portal, I prefer body and soul.

Glyphs that I prefer as Disc/Holy;

Glyph of Binding Heal (both Holy and Disc) - EXTREMELY powerful for the transitions. This glyph is my best friend during the Lei Shen fights as the transitions are really the only part the will most likely consistently give you trouble.
    Personally I didn't find much use for binding heal. If you're 2 healing your quadrant (you really should be), you probably also have the most people with you and you probably have to deal with every static shock. For this reason, I found I was almost never casting binding heal and just letting the other healer do the "healing" while I just shielded people for the most part. Because of that I used glyph of fade instead and it saved my life numerous times. Another thing about transitions, if you run into a situation where you're alone in two bouncing bolts, do not be afraid to pain sup yourself. Also be sure that groups are set up for your spirit shell, especially for 2nd transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    The problem with body and soul is that it cancels the speed boost of some classes and they will hate you forever if you shielded them prior to helm of command, while feathers don't have that problem.

So use at your own risk.
    If they don't have a cancelaura macro already, they are doing it wrong. Bubble spam is too dominant to not have one, especially if you have 2 disc priests, and something with as simple a fix as a cancelaura macro should never decide your talent choice.