Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possible 4th Specs, designed and tuned!

Hi!

Long ago, when MoP talent system came live and saw that druids received a refurbished 4th specialization for tanking, I started thinking. What if all classes did actually have a 4th spec? I was amazed by the possibilities. Then, I thought I could make up my own 4th specialization for my priest main for fun and posted it on Spanish priest forum board. And so it began. Now, I've made up several possible 4th specializations for all classes (with the exception of druids, who already have one, obviously), always trying to make them fit lorewise, and even tried to create a few new classes

So, I decided to translate them all into English in a blog so everyone could see them, regardless of the language.

It would be a wall of text if I were to post all of them here, but I'll summarize them for you.

Edit: now I can post links! \o/

Here's the blog, for a nicer, better and spicier view of them ^^

http://wewant4specsnow.wordpress.com/

I'd love to receive feedback and opinions from you!

Priest:

DPS - [Purification]: Caster who calls upon holy and divine energies to chastise and expel foes.
    • Kinda similar to Shadow in functioning, but depends more on burst rather than continuous damage.
    • Uses Divine fury as a secondary resource, in opposition to Shadow orbs.
    • Has a double final ability.

DPS - [Insanity]: Priest crazed by twisted visions, worshiper of old unknown deities, whose being holds between sanity and insanity.
    • Not similar to anything seen until now.
    • Is melee/mid-range.
    • Uses Corruption as a passive resource and heavily relies on it to perform its rotation.
    • Uses a time-fixed proc that must be used to continue its rotation.
    • Has tentacles :P

Paladin:

DPS - [Judgment]: Paladin who makes use of divine powers and magically imbued weapons to execute justice on enemies.
    • Is what we know as shockadin.
    • Is ranged and shares equipment with Holy.
    • Uses Exorcism rather than Denounce.
    • Its signature spell is an awesome looking spell similar to Judgment, but visually cooler (and more powerful).
    • Can passively buff DPS players on death for a short period of time.

Death Knight:

DPS - [Necromancy]: Caster specialized in the dark arts, able of conjuring corpse explosions, invoking terrible venom blasts and raising dead armies to execute his will.
    • Is ranged/mid-range.
    • Uses intellect plate, breaking Holy paladins' monopoly on it.
    • Its signature spell is Corpse explosion.
    • Temporarily summons a range of superior undead: abominations, banshees and liches.
    • Consumed runes interact with certain skills, granting buffs.
    • Has its own presence and runeforge.

Shaman:

TANK - [Earthbinder]: Firm elemental fighter attuned to the earthen element, using them as protection for himself and his allies.
    • Resembles the long-forgotten image of the two-handed bearer shaman, and uses two-handed weapons.
    • Relies on the use of Rockbiter Weapon.
    • Passively receives more healing if static.
    • Can swap positions with allies.
    • Transforms into an Earthen Ascendant while using Ascendance.

Warlock:

DPS - [Void]: Caster immersed in the unstable and esoteric void magic, able to alter time and space and obliterate enemies with deadly chaotic nether spells.
    • Uses Void as secondary resource.
    • Visually has two voidcaller lamps on his back to show Void charges.
    • Uses an unique mechanic that transforms snare effects on the target into haste.
    • If controlled well, can cause massive damage in a short period of time.
    • Becomes a black hole on death.
    • Can alter space and teleport enemies to random locations.

Rogue:

DPS - [Gambit]: Master of illusion, confusion and chance, able to perform deadly and perplexing dagger-juggling strikes in close mid range.
    • Relies HEAVILY on RNG and chance.
    • Is mid-range, rather than strict melee.
    • Uses Cards and dice rolls that grant random buffs.
    • Uses daggers.
    • Causes fun and confusing effects with its support and defensive skills.
    • Can create decoys and swap places with them.
    • Is substantially trickier than Subtlety.

Warrior:

DPS - [Throw Mastery]: Warrior specialized in ranged combat, able to throw his weapons with great expertise to crush foes.
    • Is ranged.
    • Can either dual wield one-handed weapons or use a two-handed weapon (and throw them).
    • Can use Shattering throw and Heroic throw more often.
    • Can pull and grip enemies from afar.
    • Has a progressive and evolutive enrage mechanic rather than a fix one.

Monk:

DPS - [Lorewalker]: Wise scribe devoted to wisdom and knowledge, with skill to evoke ancient stories and make them live.
    • Not similar to anything seen until now.
    • Fills the blank space of the specialization of Chi-Ji.
    • Heavily resembles Lorewalker Cho's (and Shuchun's) storytelling.
    • Controls random images from random stories to attack (similar to Argent Confessor Paletress' in ToC).
    • Has a range of defensive skills to counter its lack of mobility.

Mage:

DPS - [Thunder]: paralizes foes with powerful electric bolts and lightning pulses.
    • Learnt from the Isle of Thunder and Lei Shen's electromancers.
    • Visually sparkles and crackles with thunder.
    • Uses a dynamo mechanic.
    • Has synergy with nearly all stats.
    • Can store spells to unleash them rapidly.
    • Can paralize enemies, interacting with Shatter.

DPS - [Blood]: Mage immersed in the unknown blood magic, capable of playing with vital forces and blood.
    • Learnt from the Isle of Thunder and Anima pools (also blood wizards in other locations).
    • Uses blood/anima as secondary resource.
    • Makes use of magical bleeding effects.
    • Passively receives more damage and
    • Can resurrect in combat and place Ragezone.

TANK - [Abjuration]: Mage immersed in the unknown blood magic, capable of playing with vital forces and blood.
    • Based on shielding.
    • Stamina increases mana pool, rather than health.
    • Can masspull enemies.
    • Has active and reactive mitigation mechanics.*
    • Has a wide range of defensive and support spells.

Hunter:

DPS - [Spellbow]: Skilled marksman that makes use of ley magic and enchanted shots to hunt down their enemies.
    • Based on Dalaran Spellbow units.
    • Brings back mana as secondary resource, as well as focus.
    • Can tame certain magical and mechanic pets.
    • Relies on procs and mana sustainability.*
    • Can use Volley

DPS - [Artillery]: experienced warforged hunter, skilled with explosive material, can bomb foes with mortars and grape-shots.
    • Represents several aspects of WIII's Tinker.
    • Cannot use pets.
    • Can build up turrets.
    • Has slightly less mobility than the regular hunter spec.
    • Can throw bombs and place landmines.*
    • Is based on burst and critical damage rather than continuous damage.

There's far more, such as new classes like the Sea Witch or Witch Doctor, but there's no way I can post it all here >_<

As I said above, I'd like to know what you think about those. Would you like 4th specs for all classes? I do
    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Azalar; 2013-08-09 at 11:00 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you reason these are balanced? Have you implemented and tested them?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    How do you reason these are balanced? Have you implemented and tested them?
    How can you even begin to balance something that is theoretical and has absolutely zero numbers and percentages to it?

Edit: I realize now that this comment in which you posted is in regards to the title. I apologize, and share your skepticism. I assume this is due to translation.

i look forward to see the other classes in your imagination

I would prefer that Rogues got a tank spec instead of another DPS one personally

I would much prefer a DPS spec for paladins that uses a shield + 1 handed weapon in melee combat rather then the ranged shockadin build.

As for the "gambit" rogue spec. Relies heavily on rng ? It seems like something nobody can rely on,and a spec that either outperforms everything and is broken or is ridiculously underpowered.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, you took Warlock and Rogue, pure DPS classes, and gave them... a 4th DPS spec?

Especially odd, considering Demo Locks with the DA glyph are already pseudo tanks?
    And Rogues, once upon a time, could make short term evasion tanks with creative gearing/specs? (~BC era)?

I think the title to this thread is a bit ambitious.

DPS Insanity's theme seems similar to Shadow's "manipulating the opponent's mind" theme except reversed, or atleast that's what I thought when I read it. But I think it'd be better to have a holy damage or holy&shadow damage spec instead of a second shadow damage based spec, just to be able to differentiate more between the dps specs.

I know they said adding a support class would be a good idea, but they think it would change the game too much, but I don't think it would change things too much: Like in rift, they simply make the other people in their groups exponentially better at what they do. These would be my preferred 4th specs.

PRIEST - [Chanter] - Support
    *Weave heavenly chants to buff your allies and debuff your enemies.
    *Alternate between your chants and instant-cast power-words to cause supplementary damage and healing.
    *Super-charge your Hymn of Hope and provide mana/energy/focus-restoration for your raid.

Rogue - [Medic] - Healer
    *Stack healing charges to create aoe heals with your finishing moves.
    *Siphon damage you deal into healing for your party.
    *Bodyguard Mastery reduces the damage the allies near you are dealt.

Monk - [Runemaster] - Support
    *Ranged fighter that channels Jade Lightning to build chi and use that chi to super-charge your allies with Mist Runes.
    *Or use Pandaren Candle to cause explosive Aoe damage and healing.
    *Special runes may be placed on the ground as aoe traps.

Death Knight - [Rattlebones] - Support
    *Your diseases leech health from your enemies and heal nearby allies.
    *Separate your allies flesh from their bones to place them in a temporary, invulnerable, skeletal form.
    *Bone shield is now a buff that can be placed on other allies and absorbs damage and raises haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to answer you in a single post, I still dunno how to multiquote lol

As icedwarrior said, there are 0 numbers. If any, they're merely orientative.

I'm working on a tank rogue spec right now Millenia ^^

Haytham, I understand that heavy RNG can be tricky, but there are no numbers. Just imagine they're random buffs to secondary stats. It's not like one of those rogues would onehit you if got the right roll (or maybe yes?).

Well, Deathgoose, DPS roles come easily and are straightforward to make. Also, I don't think it would be fun if all classes could play all roles. I wouldn't like to break that feeling of being pure DPS.

You're right shamantime, I opine the same. Insanity's theme is far more elaborated in the new class I'm working on right now, which is inspired in Old gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I know they said adding a support class would be a good idea, but they think it would change the game too much, but I don't think it would change things too much: Like in rift, they simply make the other people in their groups exponentially better at what they do. These would be my preferred 4th specs.

PRIEST - [Chanter] - Support
    *Weave heavenly chants to buff your allies and debuff your enemies.
    *Alternate between your chants and instant-cast power-words to cause supplementary damage and healing.
    *Super-charge your Hymn of Hope and provide mana/energy/focus-restoration for your raid.

Rogue - [Medic] - Healer
    *Stack healing charges to create aoe heals with your finishing moves.
    *Siphon damage you deal into healing for your party.
    *Bodyguard Mastery reduces the damage the allies near you are dealt.

Monk - [Runemaster] - Support
    *Ranged fighter that channels Jade Lightning to build chi and use that chi to super-charge your allies with Mist Runes.
    *Or use Pandaren Candle to cause explosive Aoe damage and healing.
    *Special runes may be placed on the ground as aoe traps.

Death Knight - [Rattlebones] - Support
    *Your diseases leech health from your enemies and heal nearby allies.
    *Separate your allies flesh from their bones to place them in a temporary, invulnerable, skeletal form.
    *Bone shield is now a buff that can be placed on other allies and absorbs damage and raises haste.
    From those four, I like priest and monk most. Maybe it's just me, but they just feel like they can perform a support role.
    Personally, I wouldn't like to risk to create a support role, when I don't know how would a support work here in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the post. Added spec icons and edited it so it is more reader friendly. Also, added the link to the blog, in case you want to see them better, with their skills, their rotation, their passive bonuses...

But you might as well want to check the new classes if interested. Here's the link:

http://wewant4specsnow.wordpress.com/

I really look forward to reading your comments!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that warrior as a thrower don't fit to class at all. It's more rouge thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be. Tho throwing axes would be epic xD

I'm also working in a Spellbreaker tank spec for warriors, but I honestly don't know if it would fit mages more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but this is stupid as fuck. There doesn't need to be a 4th spec in the game (outside of Druids) when Blizzard themselves stated that they have trouble keeping 3 specs balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I dont think its fair to go "druids already have a 4th spec lets forget about them...., I personly liked having bear and cat together it had no problems with it at all. So druids shouldnt be shunned for it. Yes it would give us a 5th spec or just merge bear and cat together agian. im sure alot of ferals or tanking druids might go "no thats bad!!!" and with the new talent system yeah it probs is bad, or give feral 2 sub specs to choose from. Then we have 3 specs agian 1 with 2 sub specs inside of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Sorry, but this is stupid as fuck. There doesn't need to be a 4th spec in the game (outside of Druids) when Blizzard themselves stated that they have trouble keeping 3 specs balanced.
    They've also stated that they've actually considered adding them, and the main problem they encountered was that we'd need to re-learn to play our classes, and that it is something many of us wouldn't like. Although I've already had that feeling with all 3 warlock specs in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I dont think its fair to go "druids already have a 4th spec lets forget about them...., I personly liked having bear and cat together it had no problems with it at all. So druids shouldnt be shunned for it. Yes it would give us a 5th spec or just merge bear and cat together agian. im sure alot of ferals or tanking druids might go "no thats bad!!!" and with the new talent system yeah it probs is bad, or give feral 2 sub specs to choose from. Then we have 3 specs agian 1 with 2 sub specs inside of it.
    I agree. The more time they take to add 4th specs to the rest of classes the more would druids complain. Maybe the way to go is to redesign cat and bear to make them substantially more different from each other than they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard ever added fourth specs, one of the things to bear in mind is they would add either tanking or healing (or support!!!) specs to the existing pures, because those classes already have three dedicated dps trees.
    Blizzard would NOT add a fourth dps spec to pure classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    If Blizzard ever added fourth specs, one of the things to bear in mind is they would add either tanking or healing (or support!!!) specs to the existing pures, because those classes already have three dedicated dps trees.
    Blizzard would NOT add a fourth dps spec to pure classes.
    Correct. The specs I've made are not necessarily the only ones there could be, see for example that mages have 3, and one of them is tank xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post
    Correct. The specs I've made are not necessarily the only ones there could be, see for example that mages have 3, and one of them is tank xD
    Mage tank would be unlikely. Mages and Warlocks have a bit of a history thematically with Blizz making efforts to differentiate Warlocks from Mages in the past expansion as much as they can. If Warlocks ever got a fourth spec, it would certainly be a tanking spec and they would be THE cloth tanks.

I'm surprised you've not thought of what would be the logical fourth spec for Mages, a healing spec.

Mages would 'rewind' damage done to their targets. They could create an illusion of the guy they are healing, with the boss attacking it instead for a few seconds. They could potentially push a guy out of phase, reducing the damage taken for a few seconds.

Mages would have a lot more options for a healing spec than a tanking spec or another dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I'm surprised you've not thought of what would be the logical fourth spec for Mages, a healing spec.

Mages would 'rewind' damage done to their targets. They could create an illusion of the guy they are healing, with the boss attacking it instead for a few seconds. They could potentially push a guy out of phase, reducing the damage taken for a few seconds.

Mages would have a lot more options for a healing spec than a tanking spec or another dps spec.
    I have thought of a mage healing spec, but I just can't see a mage healing. I can imagine mages tanking with mana shields though.

15+ Year Old Account
    3 specs for rogue, and all dps, come on. Please make that class more interesting. I like being a rogue in pretty much every game out there, except for WoW, because they're just too boring for me.