Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just a cloak? [Legendary]

So is there going to be Legendary Weapon in 5.4, or is it just a legendary cloak?

The passive effect on the cloak is pretty great, but doesn't quite seem entirely worth 18 months worth of work.

Just the cloak isn't it great

The cloak is it. Though, i think it will actually be orange when all is said and done. No one promised a weapon for the dedication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    but doesn't quite seem entirely worth 18 months worth of work.
    It definitely won't take anyone a total of 18 months to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the different between a weapon or a cloak, at the end it will be outdated.
    Just enjoy the reward, God -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    just the cloak.

The passive effect on the cloak is pretty great, but doesn't quite seem entirely worth 18 months worth of work.
    That's what time gated content does

Worked is a strong word, how much work did it actually take? You just ran the content you would do anyways and got the rep by doing dailys

So is there going to be Legendary Weapon in 5.4, or is it just a legendary cloak?

Depends. I actually hate the big glowing passive effect.

It just adds some extra sparkles on my back from time to time that are exagerated and overused. When i think of a cool looking cloak i think of something that looks like Sylvanas' cloak or Lich King's cloak.

This is just a piece of rug with a sparkle on it from time to time. Lame as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    It definitely won't take anyone a total of 18 months to get it.
    If you started it at launch it does. Not to mention everytime someone asked when we would get the Legendary **weapon**, they said "Next Patch".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you started it at launch it does. Not to mention everytime someone asked when we would get the Legendary **weapon**, they said "Next Patch".
    No not really there even making all of the shit you need from both of the tiers drop in SoO if your so behind.

You still got to grind rep in dead zones.

Plus, I turn cloaks off. Every single cloak looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    I think he might have been eluding to the cloak proc. Very disappointing, its less 'legendary' and more 'tedious requirement'.
    Like many things I've found this patch it leaves something to be desired. Healing trinkets are again stat procs and 'bonus overhealing'.
    gj making it boring again - I don't understand why melee classes get cooldown reduction and casters don't.
    Last edited by appro; 2013-08-09 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    I think he might have been eluding to the cloak proc. Very disappointing, its less 'legendary' and more 'tedious requirement'.
    That Tweet was posted this monday, well after the cloak had been revealed. And he can't mean the BOAs as that has nothing to do with Procs. Maybe there is still hope for the legendary weapon: And they added the BOA drops because they still wanted the drops to be somewhat desirable, compared to the legendary weapons.

18 months = 72 weeks

10 of each sigil = 10 weeks (not really, but we'll pretend you have bad luck)
    3000 valor = 3 weeks
    20 secrets = 6 weeks (probably 4/5, but whatever, proving a point)
    12 titan runestones = 8 weeks (again, that's more than it'll take, but whatever)

All that is 27 weeks. 27 weeks = 7 months. Let's just say for some unknown reason it takes you an extra week for everything, that's 8 months. That isn't even REMOTELY close to 18 months. Not even close. No idea where you figured out those numbers.

Oh, and if you mean from release of MoP then you need to learn how to use a calender.

I'd also love the source saying about the legendary weapon. Haven't heard anything about a legendary weapon, and it makes no difference. Legendary weapons are idiotic to begin with, always have been, they're just too good because of how important weapons are for DPS classes, melee in particular.
    Last edited by Rucati; 2013-08-09 at 02:54 AM.

18 months = 72 weeks
    I exaggerated, but If you hit 90 a week after MOP launch, you've been working on the legendary for 12 months.

I exaggerated, but If you hit 90 a week after MOP launch, you've been working on the legendary for 12 months.
    Counting downtime in between waiting for patches to come out to allow you to continue clearly doesn't apply.

95% of this quest line has been stuff you would be doing regardless if you're just a regular raider so I have no idea how one could come to the conclusion that getting this amazing reward for playing normally is somehow not worth the almost zero extra effort it requires.

MoP launched at the end of September. It is now early August. I have my 608 cloak ready to go for 5.4. It has not been 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Except if you started at launch you likely had down time at one point. The titan runestones also took me a little over 3 months with multiple weeks of 0 dropping. Not sure where you got your numbers but you can easily add a month just for runestones since that's the maximum it can take. 1 per week = 12 weeks not 8. Secrets have also taken a number of people longer than 8 weeks.

In the end for those who started the first week of Mists we're looking at close to a year's worth of work to get our legendary cloaks(or at least that much time).
    Except, MoP got release September 25th 2012, you'll be able to get the cloak the day 5.4 comes out, which will be sometime in September or the end of August. So that's not even 12 months, which as you may or may not know is significantly less than 18 months. And I got my numbers based off my experiences, took me 4 weeks to get the 20 Secrets and I'm at 7 Runestones after 3 weeks.

And I don't really even see the point, a year really isn't that long, and considering it's a pretty awesome item it should take a while. I'd rather spend 12 months doing quests to get a legendary than to kill bosses in a raid every week for three years and never see a legendary drop.