Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I should mention. It's very diverse. You will play with people from MANY MANY different countries. I used to have a village of germans right next to my american one and Used to talk to them on teamspeak and they would talk english with me and id try talking german with them it was lots of fun.

I'll explain a bit about each faction on Epic.

Jenn-Kellon

Jenn-Kellon is a land where peace and justice are cherished by the people. The lore states that it was the wise men of Jenn-Kellon that first discovered the portals to the New World of Wurm (the islands where the game is played on). Warriors of Serenity frequently have to fight off raiders that come up in boats or hide in caves scattered about the island. Right now, the eastern half of the island is covered with ruins because of a fierce war against the outlaw Nosfirebird and his Blackligher allies. The economy here is strong, and new players are welcomed here easily at the Department of New Player Assistance (DNPA), which is led by Joanavon, Covenant, and Tacitus. If you decide to join the Serenity server, I recommend talking with one of them before you get started. The kingdom also has a few large outposts on elevation. If you want to get involved there, I recommend training up on Serenity first. When you are ready to move over, talk with Cubeman of Capsalot, or Psmaster of The Legion. Right now, our holds on Elevation are struggling to hold on against the powerful Horde, so new players are appreciated and much fun is to be had. The kingdom mostly worships Fo and Vynora, but Magranon is also present. Priests of each of these gods receive powerful abilities that are useful in battle. The current Grand Prince of Jenn-Kellon is Prince Kings, also known as Posteh.

Mol-Rehan

The Mol-Rehan kingdom was founded by Johen King, and the lore states that it was the first kingdom in the Old World of Wurm (The other side of the portal, were we all supposedly came from). The Kingdom is centered around worshiping Magranon and the kingdom is known for being warriorlike in nature. However, it is still possible to worship Fo and Vynora here. The kingdom recently had a civil war to dethrone Chancellor Lenny, who is yet to be replaced. When joining, I recommend starting out on Desolation to train up your skills. Speak with Eldarian or Phantom of the Mol-Rehan Academy to start out. Desolation is very connected with its capital city on Elevation, called the Eternal City of Magranon. Like Jenn-Kellon, the holds of Mol-Rehan on Elevation are having trouble holding back the Blacklighters from HOTS. Help is needed here as well.

Horde of the Summoned

Follower's of the corrupt god Libila, the Blacklighters are a force to be reckoned with. The land claimed by the horde is covered with mycellium, which gives the horde many advantages. Blacklighters can raise zombies to fight for them (the Magranon equivilant to this is dominating), and eat from the corpses of the dead. Unlike in the Whitelighter kingdoms, interior conflict is encouraged here and happens often, especially on the island of Affliction. If you want to be a blacklighter, I reccomend starting there and moving to Elevation later. The current capital of HOTS on elevation is Dragonspine Castle. The Blacklighters are currently winning the war and have several champion priests in their armies.

New Kingdom coming soon...

Since both of the Whitelighter kingdoms are doing bad on their own, a new kingdom that contains a combination of them both is about to be formed. The following is a message from Acerifle of Mol-Rehan:

"Greetings fellow travelers, Come, Gather around the bar and share a pint, this rounds on me...

It is the year of 1033. A year that will go down in history of Wurm as one filled with much turmoil and bloodshed. On Elevation the war between the armies of the Wlers and Blers continues. In recent months the army of both Mol-Rehan and Jenn-Kellon have been repelled and broken by the Horde of the Summoned in fierce battles with many lives being lost. During this time the Chancellor of Mol-Rehan was force to abdicate leaving the people of Mol-Rehan leaderless and quarreling among themselves over who should wear the crown. Both the Eternal City of Magranon and the capital of the Jenn-Kellon have been sacked by the Horde and their respective armies crushed.

But as the world around us crumbles apart a group of warriors and rebels assembles on the tundra near the ancient ruins of LoP. With their homes in tatters and families facing grave danger they have gathered on the ancient battlegrounds as brothers and sisters ready to rebuild what has been lost in the recent year. A council has been formed and a declaration for a new kingdom has been written.

Amidst the turmoil a hope arises but indeed such action could be construed by some as a direct threat to the three ancient Kingdoms since the whispers of a great army assembling on the southern tundra of elevation are no false rumors. So wether you are a Warrior, a Merchant, Smith or a simple Farmer come join us in a new beginning and new adventures. Come and be a founding father of a new kingdom. If you want to have fun and create amazing things, join us. If you want your enemies to cower in fear at the mention of your name, join us. Many hands make light work and many swords shall slay our enemies. Is your time now? Only you choose. You make your own luck, write your own legend and become everything you've ever dreamed of.

Hi there I'm with a few others are forming a new PMK on epic elevation. If your interested in joining please send me a pm. A deed has been dropped, but we're still looking for a few more active players to meet the 15 player minimum requirement for creating a PMK.

Joining us now will grant you the privileges of bring apart of the new kingdom at the very start and a chance to give your opinion on the PMK naming/lore.

All players are welcome. No matter what your playing style is.
    The only requirements to join:
    1)Must be a team player.
    2) Mic for voice comms."

There are also many player made kingdoms that have since been wiped off the map, including The Mongols, Lómaner, The Teutonic Knights, and League of Pirates.
    Last edited by Arowhun; 2013-08-09 at 09:42 PM.

MR and JK riding in on The Forgotten Empire PMK, which was just formed and is against the alliance.

I'd like to mention that maps are being added in the next update. So for those of you that were concerned about that, be concerned no more.

Last edited by Arowhun; 2013-09-07 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I was about to jump right into this, until I saw Babinka mention 'no maps'. Maps aren't handholding, they're a necessity exploration (remembering what is where etc.). Like, no maps? Not even vendor-bought "This is how the first square-mile outside Newb Town looks"-maps? NOTHING?
    In their latest developer diary they announce just what you are looking for. And I have seen Work in progress that it is being implemented as we speak
    List of features currently being worked on:

*A Visual Interface for Crafting / Creating
    *In game Village Recruitment system
    *General World and Local Map
    *Revisiting and improvements on the Starter Areas for all the Islands
    *Tutorial Videos for core gameplay
    *More accessible Information / Help in-game
    *An optional Contextual Help System, giving you hints instead of popups.
    *The option of "Requesting a Quest" for new players to get basic tasks.
    *New zone based tutorial, with option to skip straight to the Portal and Game World/ Island selection.
    *Tons of new Icons for Items, Buffs and User Interface elements

Enjoy!

I actually really like this game, i saw this thread the other day decided to check it out knowing it had a minecraft approach and its fun tbh, although i'm not entirely sure its worth going premium, time will tell i suppose.

anyway i ran around aimlessly for a bit read the wiki pages on anything i was unsure of, stumbled on a village that offered me to join, 2 days playing i've already built my house and started leveling all the support skills.

if you like minecraft but think it lacks depth this is definitely worth trying out. also about maps you won't really need one as a complete scrub, sure it helps a little knowing where you are but I didn't look at the online map dumps untill after i decided to settle. even then it was out of curiosity, not necessity.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-09-10 at 03:38 PM.