Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

More Str Tanking Polearms incoming!

Was browsing through the items added and found this gem in SoO loot table: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103968-5-...boss-11-loot-1

Is this a gift from Blizzard? Perfect stats!

And also it says the Polearm is a drop from the 11th Boss in the instance, meaning it won't be RNG to get it from a random boss like it is currently in ToT

That is one SEXY ret wep

I like that blizzard is throwing us a bone, transmog wise. Some people like the polearm animations.

Deleted
    Sweet, hope it's not too hard (read; random) to get like Bo'ris was.

Polearms are always nice.

But didn't they say something about being able to transmog regular melee 2h weapons into polearms?

10+ Year Old Account
    The rets are going to stampede you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

god know how many weeks of ToT yet I've never even seen Bo-Ris
    plus I have done 2 runs on 25 man on my shaman, didn't show up either

I'd say it doesn't exist if i didn't see every DK with it in shrine -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid weapon for all DK specs. Don't have a transmog for it though, hope it looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    god know how many weeks of ToT yet I've never even seen Bo-Ris
    plus I have done 2 runs on 25 man on my shaman, didn't show up either

I'd say it doesn't exist if i didn't see every DK with it in shrine -.-
    I feel your pain done with ToT on my DK and it never dropped... still got a chance on my pally and warrior.

On the good side this appears to be from a specific Boss 11, no sign of FL/ToT style shared weapon drops. Save those tokens

Quote Originally Posted by shells View Post
    Solid weapon for all DK specs. Don't have a transmog for it though, hope it looks good!
    Rumour has it (have yet to test it on the PTR myself) you'll be able to transmog polearms into your everyday two-handers in 5.4.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I really hope they don't put our weapons on the final boss of the tier (who cares) or on random loot (haven't seen a single boris/greatsword drop ever. Not even coined)

Now THATS the prefect weapon for Blood.
    Seriously i haven't managed to get one piece of 'tanking' weapon the whole duration of the tier ><
    My guild fo'sure ain't gonna bitch about it :P

Necroed thread. Don't bother replying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Necroed thread. Don't bother replying.
    I think you're in the wrong thread buddy.

OT: Looks like ret BiS :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread buddy.

OT: Looks like ret BiS :P
    It is. This weapon will have ALL the DKs and rets fighting over it. The warriors will go for another weapon though.

Idd BiS DK weapon nomather spec and same for Rets, but with the haste it gives i highly think that most guilds will give it to dps'ers before tanks^^ so be calm and wait patiently for it all DK tanks out there!
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    Idd BiS DK weapon nomather spec and same for Rets, but with the haste it gives i highly think that most guilds will give it to dps'ers before tanks^^ so be calm and wait patiently for it all DK tanks out there!
    Eh? Tank dps is important now, Blood DKs scale very well with weapon damage, and this is perfectly itemized for Blood DKs. I wouldn't say rets have priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Eh? Tank dps is important now, Blood DKs scale very well with weapon damage, and this is perfectly itemized for Blood DKs. I wouldn't say rets have priority.
    I'll admit I haven't looked into this too much and as such have no numbers to back this up, but I can almost assuredly say anyone giving the Polearm to a Blood DK over a DPS, even more so a Ret Paladin that scales extremely well with weapon damage, (assuming somewhat equal weapons on both) is someone that should not be responsible for loot distribution.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a mastery/exp mace which is more oriented for a DK tank in 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    There's a mastery/exp mace which is more oriented for a DK tank in 5.4.
    SHUSH! We want Polearms!

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    That is one SEXY ret wep
    You mean Blood DK weapon